COB start writing new album

i like the ending of solo when guitar and keyboard ( perhaps) turns into chorus :)
Very good song.i can't wait for new album :)

Wow, Transference is a great song! I didn't like the short sample of the chorus at first, but as a whole song it's amazing. Can't wait to see the video and hear the rest of the album! :)

Wow, the solo is fucking amazing for me at least! I love the pre solo stuff before it, even if the keyboard is not perfect this song kicks so much ass i cant even believe it.

The song is a nice mix of Children of the Decadence and Bodom After Midnight, and that's just great. If this is one of the weaker songs from Halo of Blood, then we'll certainly have an epic new album!

I'll be back from vacation tonight. Which of these rips is the best quality? Obviously also huge thanks to everyone else who ripped it.

From all these reactions I get really excited, which is probably why I won't just wait for the 26th.

Wow didn't expect this in just one day, was here yesterday and listened to the sample. Thanks for ripping the song guys! Going to listen to it now.

That was fucking awesome. Loved the solos as well. Drums sounded very loud at first but I kinda adjusted later on in the song.

That's a great song - Makes me want the album even more.

Does anyone know where the single is going to be released and if there will be hardcopy or only digital?

Time for review...

The transition to solos and especially out of solos is pure greatness in this song. THIS is the way to do it! So sexual and so flowing. 3:34 is such an orgasm moment. In the last albums the transitions to solos were usually like "ahh yeah, shit, we need to do solos again, well fuck it, here's some pointless shredding with poor gay riffing, and now the chorus again and be done with it." This piece of art is blazing and spewing erotic energy all around, as if in delight of rediscovering its true magnificent being after years of suppression. It took a whole life-period and now it seems the time is ripe for a return to roots, not in exact style, but in energies. Happy to see Alexi's enjoying his fucking art with a passion.

The intro sounds surprisingly nice, like wolves howling (it's an odd rarity for Bodom to play around in studio like this). Verses are gold. Chorus would taste better with less repetitions in the trailers, but it's a real cherry at the end. It's a great Bodom party track with light blue and pink atmosphere and some Satanic flavors as well.

This one gets a 9/10 from me, which stands for epic in my book.

So far the two tracks I've heard are great. Can't wait to hear the rest. This song wasn't even hyped by the blokes who attended the listening session. If the other songs wage this level of true Bodom blood then it'll be a great album. Quite surely better than the new-wave albums. It's looking like Alexi woke up. I hope this album shares the soul that Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper did... as they, too, have different blood.

Some interesting lyrics. I can hear "fallen angel" at some point. 2:10 "kill the troll", lol.

Last Fall when people on the forum were dissing me and calling me negative and whiner, when I was just painting a picture of Bodom doing exactly what they ended up doing with this album (them telling my fantasy will never come true), I told them what's going on is the psychological term transference: they were only whining and being negative themselves at every post and reflected that property at me.

Last years on the forum have been like so:

Joonas - "Bodom should take the Lake/Reaper theme back, it had interesting vibe and symbolism... lakes and trees... Bodom means "north" so why not winter artwork, it could fit with grim guitars and icy keyboards... They should make the songs sound more sexy and atmospheric even if it means cutting down on technicality of riffs... I want melodic black metal riffing... dramatic orchestral hits... I hope Alexi sobers up and gets nostalgic about his past art and ignores the thrashy riffing and alcohol themes."

Trolls - "Stop whining Joonas, stop being so negative, it's never gonna happen, die!"

Look what's happened now. This makes me not regret having dedicated so much literary creativity on this forum instead of other stuff.

/win.

First time in years I've heard a new Bodom song and immediately have wanted to listen to it again the next morning. Could we have a great album on our hands? The follow up to HCDR we've been waiting for? (Or FTR for those who didn't like HCDR so much)

It's better than AYDY and BD for sure, and RRF are quite similar when you combine it to FTR and HCDR riffing and style. But can't say I like the guitar tone, is's very closly related to BD, only a bit clearer, should be no suprise when they're using a very similar amp; JCM 800 2210. I'd rather see Alexi dug up his old GP-1000's mixed with SP-1000 or ENGL 840/50. Just can't beat that tone no matter what you do, even if it sounds thinner, and not the best for regular riffing.

Otherwise, really excited for the album, and I guess we have to say that Joonas was semi correct. But I'm sure this isn't another FTR or HB, it's rather a true continuation of HCDR.