COB start writing new album

I don't get what's your beef with Joonas, guys and girls. That's pretty much the whole forum. Do you want to get back on the picture thread and suck some Alexi cock? If those fights/conversations are not here, then it won't be entertaining to read. Don't take any of this shit to the heart, it's no biggie, because once you get off your PC, this shit should not matter what so ever and not affect you in your real life.

The guy can be pain in the ass when it comes to RRF album. Aside of that he seems nice... As long as you mention RRF album. :lol:

Maybe it's easy for you to say. When I get off my PC, there are people like Joonas telling me "how can you listen to RRF when that's not Bodom anymore". So no matter if I'm on forum or not, I argue with people about it.

The guy can be pain in the ass when it comes to RRF album. Aside of that he seems nice... As long as you mention RRF album. :lol:

Maybe it's easy for you to say. When I get off my PC, there are people like Joonas telling me "how can you listen to RRF when that's not Bodom anymore". So no matter if I'm on forum or not, I argue with people about it.

It's just an opinion after all. It's shit album in my book as well and I don't listen to it, but that's just me. :lol:

I'm going to suggest something weird...

Why COB always repeats the same pattern with 9 songs with approximately 4 mins + few seconds duration, with more or less same song constructions, same pace, same style. Who needs another album of self-repetition, when there's only great material for 3-4 songs worth? Why not mash up the best ideas of traditional Bodom-style into 5 songs, then do something totally weird but interesting for the remaining 4 songs? Something instrumental, experimentations with song construction, sound, style, vocals. Something like intro-interlude-verse1-interlude-verse2-solos-prechorus-chorus-solos-chorus-outro, or whatever as long as it sounds unpredictable, extreme and cool. They're not going to play more than 2-3 songs from the new album live anyway, so why try to make 9 traditional songs when most of them just aren't complete enough to deserve to be in the setlist.

Of course they have to beware it doesn't get out of hand like Norther with their shitty random tracklists. But I'll throw something imaginary from the fly. A song that starts with a huge orchestra hit, followed by moody synths and drumming for a duration of 30 seconds, and a little solo by Alexi emerging into yaow! scream and a section of 30 seconds of harmonic melody with riff background and furious doublebass drumming, then proceeding with a riff and unusually slow vocal sections for verse1, then a short repeat of the moody intro that leads straight into chorus. After the chorus a furiously fast doublebass section that leads to blazing solos, then verse2. You could do anything. Why suffer with the traditional pattern like it's a mould where all the shit has to be put into.

This way it would be more interesting with more complete traditional COB songs, and experimental songs with wild but cool song constructions and a chance for fans to enjoy COB riffing, soloing and orchestral keyboard backgrounds without the interruption of Alexi's worn-out vocal chords and annoyingly predictable song patterns.

This kind of album would demand lots of work in unexplored areas and would require lots of team work from Alexi and Janne with more instrumental sections and maybe collaboration from Roope in making cool rhythm riffs, since Alexi already has trouble making traditional albums with the deadlines. I think my essence is they should cut on vocal-ridden song constructions and focus on bringing out the Bodom-style riffs, melodies, solos etc and making interesting songs again. The way Alexi's vocals are now they shouldn't draw this much attention by trying to bury musically boring verses, and I think this way it would be possible to switch focus more to the instrumental aspect and make sure the traditional Bodom songs are as rich in ideas as they're supposed to be. With less vocals it would also be possible to control those vocals and lyrics are good.

It would be a Bodom album with focus on majestical musicianship, element of surprise and focus on chorus vocals & lyrics and more scarce but quality verse vocals. Scarcer vocals also give metal music more dangerous and credible feel, while I think Alexi's vocals on recent albums have been too much all around the place. They don't have to be a "pain in the ass", quoting Alexi. It has to be passionate. You look back the discography and realize some of the best recent vocal moments have been Living Dead Beat chorus and Angels Don't Kill, the other is a catchy chorus and the other is slow.

Good stuff Joonas! Gotta agree almost everything

I also feel that they should concentrate more in the instrumental aspects and visualization in the music, stopping just copying the same patterns whit the "hellhounds on my trail"- tribute in every song and concentrate to create something new again, explore music!
Alexi should also update his influences, which nowadays are musically between Slayer and Mötley Crue and lyrically some rap wacka-wacka venting.
He considers Steve Vai to be one of his biggest influences and I'd really want to see and hear it!
Vai's kinda music might not fit into COB's nowaday look, but at least trying to create and focus on something new and interesting would drive COB out of the emopussy-trend and It also would get more popular among the musicians, which usually says COB "kids music" and just diss them, and it really pisses me off considering how good musicians they are!

Of course Its just an opinion what they should do and its clear that nobody is ever going to tell them what to do next, but Im sure that they will get bored to this current style soon, and hopefully there is enough enthusiasm to do again something over the top.
And since I have been a cob-fan as long as I can remember, I really hope that!

It's like Alexi is thinking Slayer and Mötley Crue sound better than old COB when that's not the case but he still gets influenced enough by them to change his music to something similar, when that stuff should stay very far away from this art... COB at its best is too good in its style to be influenced by anyone, so to have music with nothing but boring riffs as influence is really fucking bad; everybody has somewhat different taste but I believe COB would sound more interesting if Alexi was more into black metal, symphonic, power, etc. I guess what I'm saying is if there is a band with these musical possibilities, and probably their last album in hands, why not do something radically different... to do something like RRF instead is like throwing away life itself. It wasn't an album that was screaming to get released and take over the world, it seems rather like "we had to do something like COB with the little inspiration we had as the label deadline was closing in." I wanted more creativity, more aggression, better melodies, better vocals, better everything. I can't say better cos it's a taste matter, so I'll say "different". I'm not even a musician but I can still imagine more interesting sounding COB metal in my mind. All you could do is suggest Alexi to try different things, and maybe shift 30% of balance from vocals to instrumental, and try do something with more moods instead of technicality. Good luck to them and I hope the best, but will not hold my breath this time.

It's like Alexi is thinking Slayer and Mötley Crue sound better than old COB when that's not the case but he still gets influenced enough by them to change his music to something similar

Was it worth it is a good example.

band with these musical possibilities, and probably their last album in hands, why not do something radically different

I think this is a good point to look back to the old days;
Back then they didin't know whats gonna happen whit their music and didn't expect anything and didn't give a shit. They didn't look too far and they were able to do what ever they wanted whitout people complaining and not thinking too much how are people going to react. Thats why there is a vibe like "If this is going to be our last album, Its gonna rock forever" in the old albums, if you know what I mean :-D
They put on their everything to the early albums, but after like HCDR or at least AYDY they get more lazy about writing because they knew that people are still going to buy it and they didint put all the effort in it and more like partied and joked.

But I think this is a problem whit every band.

Hey Joonas, have you ever considered to be a band's manager? You can't change COB but maybe you could manage some bands instead :err:

Hey Joonas, have you ever considered to be a band's manager? You can't change COB but maybe you could manage some bands instead :err:

I think big bands have educated people as managers (some have educated idiots) while small bands want to decide on their stuff themselves. I'm not even sure if I'd want to give my ideas to someone else without collaborating in the music making as well to get actual credit. But if I could be a manager of some rising band who need to spice up their image and style, sure. But I think you can't separate the idea maker and the product maker, so I would either have to really like that band, or they'd have to listen and fulfill my visions.

I still wonder if it's the right thing to do to make another RRF, 9 songs worth of material with the same sound. I really think, if I was their manager, I'd suggest them to make one track for intro, 5 songs of traditional COB, 3 songs with freedom of experimentation, and try to get atmospheric and have more interesting sounds. On the last album they only really focused on making one song very good while the rest smelt like lack of ideas to fill 9 traditional COB songs. Otherwise it's just gonna be another RRF with less and less inspiration. Of course, the vocals are so bad now too that the formula just doesn't work like this. Fans would be much happier with 5 additional gems to COB's already impressive catalogue, instead of 9 additional fillers. Maybe I'm wrong but I think they're not gonna come out with songs like the diamonds of past again, so I'm sceptical about another 9 songs in this style.

Just do the tracklist like this:

1 - intro
2 - complete Bodom song
3 - complete Bodom song
4 - experimental track
5 - complete Bodom song
6 - experimental track
7 - complete Bodom song
8 - complete Bodom song
9 - experimental track

(One of the promised two 'Bodom' titles could be on a traditional song and one on an experimental song...)

...instead of the RRF way which is:

1 - lacking COB song
2 - complete COB song
3 - lacking COB song
4 - lacking COB song
5 - lacking COB song
6 - lacking COB song
7 - lacking COB song
8 - "experimental track"
9 - lacking COB song

Give me a hell yeah if you agree.

Gotta give you only the yeah, because I dont completely agree with your RRF- tracklist thing. Compared to AYDY and Blooddrunk it is way more musically better and it has those "experimental tracks" more than just one, and as a matter fact WIWI doesn't even have anything experimental, or not that much at least. (its just the stupid party song they should've been pulled out from the album..)
Actually when RRF came out, I was delighted of the experimental stuff which was good compared to Blooddrunks thrash metal songs etc.

For example, think about songs like Pussyfoot Miss Suicide and Cry Of The Nihilist:
In the first one you can hear something very rare Paul Gilbert-style riffing and it has good groove, one of my favorite tracks from that record.
In the second one, which I dont actually like much, you have this totally new progressive thing going on whit the time signatures and riffs. It also has the motherfucking great interlude, which might be the only part in COB's songs ever made that goes in a major scale!

Well maybe thats all about the experimentals, and gotta say I am disappointed whit songs like Roundtrip and Ugly. Ofc theyre good, its Bodom, but still the guys should avoid to try another Angels Dont Kill song (which they can never beat) and Ugly is like sensless riffing and a normal guy cannot even understand all the riffs going on in 400 mph.

For the next album I am expecting pretty much same like RRF, but my personal opinion as a fan and as a musician: I would really like to hear again at least one track from the oldies;
NOT TOO COMPLICATED SONG WHIT FUCKING HARD RIFFS!
Something that gives me chills everytime I hear the song, please :)

But thats just me

No...

COB need to include lots of electronic keyboard shit on their new album, make more extreme vocals, catchy riffs and moody melodies. All these fag thrash bands have poisoned Alexi's mind.

Why wouldn't he because majority of thrash metal bands really does suck, especially the 80's thrash bands. Of course there are few good thrash metal bands here and there but I can name only three or four thrash metal bands I consider good. Ironically at least two of them started in the eighties and I like their recent production a lot more than their "legendary releases".

Why wouldn't he because majority of thrash metal bands really does suck, especially the 80's thrash bands. Of course there are few good thrash metal bands here and there but I can name only three or four thrash metal bands I consider good. Ironically at least two of them started in the eighties and I like their recent production a lot more than their "legendary releases".

Name a few, please?

Well, its just your opinion and of course I dont care what do you or anyone else here think about thrash, but its just annoying when people diss opinions or tastes! and after all, we should discuss here about Cob writing new album or something

I just like Pantera and dont like Burzum, ok? no big deal