COB start writing new album

It's easy to tell who's playing what because their tones are different. Also, Alexi's guitar is generally panned to the left while Roope's is panned to the right.

Everyone of those short lick bursts :D in Wos could be considered a different solo. And by the difference in the tone between them it seems like they're alterntating leads there. Kinda what Stone used to do.

Just listened WoS again with headphones on and the more i listen to it i'm becoming more unsure who is playing what. Could be like you said Marowak or then they alternate licks. Probably 1st solo Roope and 2nd Alexi which means that the first tapped run is Roope and Alexi is just sounding like Roope from the 90's on the second. I stand corrected. Have to see it live before we can be sure though.

Been repeating the album for some time and it's starting to become my favourite CoB album ever! My favourite song so far is "Scream For Silence", the melody is fantastic and I love Alexis voice in the chorus. There are many parts in this album where you can clearly hear Peter Tägtgrens influence on the vocals. "Halo Of Blood", "Dead Man's Hand on You" and "One Bottle and a Knee Deep" are others in my top 4. :)

Been repeating the album for some time and it's starting to become my favourite CoB album ever! My favourite song so far is "Scream For Silence", the melody is fantastic and I love Alexis voice in the chorus. There are many parts in this album where you can clearly hear Peter Tägtgrens influence on the vocals. "Halo Of Blood", "Dead Man's Hand on You" and "One Bottle and a Knee Deep" are others in my top 4. :)

i feel like Tagtgren might have helped with additional vocals on the SFS chorus.

Everyone of those short lick bursts :D in Wos could be considered a different solo. And by the difference in the tone between them it seems like they're alterntating leads there. Kinda what Stone used to do.

Me too...what the hell's going on here...

Just listened WoS again with headphones on and the more i listen to it i'm becoming more unsure who is playing what. Could be like you said Marowak or then they alternate licks. Probably 1st solo Roope and 2nd Alexi which means that the first tapped run is Roope and Alexi is just sounding like Roope from the 90's on the second. I stand corrected. Have to see it live before we can be sure though.

2:55-3:05 Alexi
3:05-3:15 Roope

First bendings plus pick slide is 100% Alexi, and the first tapping follows quite closely Alexi's favourite pattern. From then on second set of sort of bendings is definitely Roope as well as the second tapping. Listen to his solos on Soap On The Rope or some Sinergy songs and you'll see they sound alike.

Alright, here are my thoughts. I got CD yesterday, so I guess it is as good day as any.

Well, first of all, I'm with this band for more than ten years already, and I'm not the kind of person who moans about coming back to the roots and neoclassical stuff. It took me some time to learn to like all their albums, but the truth is that most often I come back to the first 4 of them. I guess this is how you distinguish the best CDs.

Now, Halo of Blood. I thought RRF was a step in the right direction, and had kind of high hopes for this one.

And damn, they HAVE DELIVERED! I love every bit of this album. It is heavy enough, there is anger, it is not soulless. Every song gives me goosebums, some more than once and twice. It didn't happen for some time, apart from Hate's Solarflesh.

I think that Halo of Blood is the best CoB album they have recorded to this day. Many won't agree, fine, but what most makes me think this way, is that while on every other album there was something that bothered me, here there is no such thing.

Lets see. Something wild - they were searching for their style. It was rugh in a great way, but it was also it's problem. Songwriting improved a lot with next albums.
Hatebreeder - vocals are annoying. Also guitar tone is a bit thin.
Follow the reaper - this is a tough one. But I sometimes get the feel it is repetitive somehow. Very hard to explain. It can be even something entirely different. But ok, if I'd have to pick an album that is near perfect, that would be this one...
...Or HCDR - this one is also hard to criticise. but I remember how badly I thought about change in vocals, and that's why I can't say it is the best.
AYDY - that was the album I was most disappointed after the release. I hate guitar tone, it sounds like a terribly set engl. Some songs are boring. And a chorus with "I dont give a flying fuck motherfucker"? Come on. Still, I come back to this album from time to time. Putting knuckleduster after the last song helps it a lot;) And then if you cut out everything after AYDY and before WNGF, it makes awesome demo album!
BD - after release I liked it. But quickly forgot it. I don't come back to this one often, I do it very rarely in fact. hard to tell why.
RRF - I thought it was great. But it has a terrible plastic feel to it.

And it gets us to HOB. To be honest, there is no thing I could point out in that way. Only thing not working for me is the part of SFS after the first chorus. But the chorus itself makes it great. What strikes me more however, there is no other COB album, that has so many "favorite songs". I mean, I really can't pick one. It would be at least seven. And depending on the day, there could be different seven today and different tommorow.

Guitar tone is right as it should be for their music. There is right ammount of keys. Jaska is doing great job. You do feel they are not kidding and this is serious music.

There are many very interesting riffs. Solos are as good as the rest. And the songwriting...

Hats off to Alexi, Janne, Jaska, Henkka and Roope. You have recorded a monster of an album. It is a long time since any album premiere made me literaly happy. I bought new headphones to enjoy it more on my way to work and back home.

Also, Making of... video was interesting to watch, glad I bought digi version.

Cheers guys! Enjoy this album, it is worth playing over and over again!

Alright, here are my thoughts. I got CD yesterday, so I guess it is as good day as any.

Well, first of all, I'm with this band for more than ten years already, and I'm not the kind of person who moans about coming back to the roots and neoclassical stuff. It took me some time to learn to like all their albums, but the truth is that most often I come back to the first 4 of them. I guess this is how you distinguish the best CDs.

Now, Halo of Blood. I thought RRF was a step in the right direction, and had kind of high hopes for this one.

And damn, they HAVE DELIVERED! I love every bit of this album. It is heavy enough, there is anger, it is not soulless. Every song gives me goosebums, some more than once and twice. It didn't happen for some time, apart from Hate's Solarflesh.

I think that Halo of Blood is the best CoB album they have recorded to this day. Many won't agree, fine, but what most makes me think this way, is that while on every other album there was something that bothered me, here there is no such thing.

Lets see. Something wild - they were searching for their style. It was rugh in a great way, but it was also it's problem. Songwriting improved a lot with next albums.
Hatebreeder - vocals are annoying. Also guitar tone is a bit thin.
Follow the reaper - this is a tough one. But I sometimes get the feel it is repetitive somehow. Very hard to explain. It can be even something entirely different. But ok, if I'd have to pick an album that is near perfect, that would be this one...
...Or HCDR - this one is also hard to criticise. but I remember how badly I thought about change in vocals, and that's why I can't say it is the best.
AYDY - that was the album I was most disappointed after the release. I hate guitar tone, it sounds like a terribly set engl. Some songs are boring. And a chorus with "I dont give a flying fuck motherfucker"? Come on. Still, I come back to this album from time to time. Putting knuckleduster after the last song helps it a lot;) And then if you cut out everything after AYDY and before WNGF, it makes awesome demo album!
BD - after release I liked it. But quickly forgot it. I don't come back to this one often, I do it very rarely in fact. hard to tell why.
RRF - I thought it was great. But it has a terrible plastic feel to it.

And it gets us to HOB. To be honest, there is no thing I could point out in that way. Only thing not working for me is the part of SFS after the first chorus. But the chorus itself makes it great. What strikes me more however, there is no other COB album, that has so many "favorite songs". I mean, I really can't pick one. It would be at least seven. And depending on the day, there could be different seven today and different tommorow.

Guitar tone is right as it should be for their music. There is right ammount of keys. Jaska is doing great job. You do feel they are not kidding and this is serious music.

There are many very interesting riffs. Solos are as good as the rest. And the songwriting...

Hats off to Alexi, Janne, Jaska, Henkka and Roope. You have recorded a monster of an album. It is a long time since any album premiere made me literaly happy. I bought new headphones to enjoy it more on my way to work and back home.

Also, Making of... video was interesting to watch, glad I bought digi version.

Cheers guys! Enjoy this album, it is worth playing over and over again!

Totally agreed with you in every point u said about albums feels. I woud like to know your preference order of all bodom albums.