COB start writing new album

I'm glad to hear that Alexi already starts writing new stuff :) Not that there's a serious need of another album in just a few months - but this bigger amount of time can maybe help to get a "polished" outcome in the end. There's not much I don't like in RRF, but the thing that kinda disturbs me - and in which I guess I agree with Joonas - is that sometimes it feels like the song parts are put together without a connection, without a smooth direction. Whatever, I'm glad :) Also about the summer Euro touring thingy of course :)

Yay! I'm on the first page of an epic thread.

I don't know what the fuck to expect of this. I definitely felt like there was some cool ideas on RRF, mainly Shovel KO since it managed to bring back some feelings of early CoB stuff and was largely a song relying on melodies.

Sure I'll say I want something more like the first three albums and that will probably never happen. I just hope they take their time with this one and make sure it's a worthwhile release and isn't riddled with mediocre riffage like Blooddrunk and AYDY was.
And I wish they'd stop dismissing the first album. It was raw, angry, cold and full of musical wankery. I adore it.

Atm my expectations for the next album are not much. It can't be worse than RRF tho. I pray that one day Alexi says "we're definitely going to make a different kind of album this time." Then I might get interested.

Talking as someone who watches the forum for a while now, you can say whatever, but the thing that keeps the forum bustling is Joonas and his butthurt towards CoB's "new music".
I appreciate his insatiable grief since it makes even Janne to come over sometimes.
Joonas, thank you.

'Ey bro *gimme 5*

Btw your sig is from when the interviewer asked How does the new album compare to your older albums? Alexi refused to answer, so the interviewer asked: How do your old albums compare to the new album? :D

COB should be 1) Atmospheric death metal
The one poster who never disappoints. I knew it in my heart that you were gonna put another spin on that dusty old record of yours and bring up the A-word-argument again, just fucking knew. Never gets old, oh wait, yes it does.

The one poster who never disappoints. I knew it in my heart that you were gonna put another spin on that dusty old record of yours and bring up the A-word-argument again, just fucking knew. Never gets old, oh wait, yes it does.

No it doesn't.

But atmosphere isn't everything. SKO is among my favourite COB tracks and the only thing atmospheric about it is that melody; other than that it just sounds catchy and cool.

'Ey bro *gimme 5*

Btw your sig is from when the interviewer asked How does the new album compare to your older albums? Alexi refused to answer, so the interviewer asked: How do your old albums compare to the new album? :D

Isn't that the interview when they are talking about Santa drinking vodka :loco:
The Classic one?:D

Hahahah :tickled: o/*\o

And yeah, exactly this one! The content of that interview is so full of wtf, so many likeable quotes we can find there.

Your posts are like a car accident.

speaking of cars, its it true you dont have speed limit in the highways in germany?

if not, my next big goal in life is to rent an aston martin db9 or something and go there =P

speaking of cars, its it true you dont have speed limit in the highways in germany?

if not, my next big goal in life is to rent an aston martin db9 or something and go there =P

That's true. And while making a post in this topic, I think that this new album is gonna be the same overhyped shit and it will suck just as bad as RRF. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I think that this new album is gonna be the same overhyped shit and it will suck just as bad as RRF.

If they go about making the album like RRF (silently, not keeping fans up to date much, as if it was a secret project) I will think so too. Not a word of enthusiasm was voiced during the composing process. Only when it was ready they started the "best album eva!!" campaign. Next time to get me excited I want to hear exciting plans from Alexi and feel the dedication and inspiration which seems long gone. However, Alexi can always make an interesting album even under stress and hurry, we need to lower the expectations and be very happy if a new album contains two new hit songs, no matter how hard it is cos in the past especially on one or two albums they only made hit songs...

I think RRF had a lot of good stuff in it that should COB should expand upon if they're keeping up with the same style. I'd want to see more of

NMF: Melodies like the chorus, interludes like this one, solos like main one.
SKO: I'd love for Alexi to make more songs like this without the trashy parts.
RTHB: Love the style of this song but if we can do without parts like the one before the solo that'd be nice.
RRF: The cheerful "gay" parts of this song are really cool.
CON: More of that sinergy sounding guitar + keyboard lead section.

Personally, I think COB has been extremely strong in terms of leads and melodies since AYDY but the rhythms have been holding them back. I feel like Alexi has grown increasingly reliant on that E string since HCDR and should go back to writing rhythms without it primarily.

And I'm Glad to hear that Alexi has lots of time for the writing process.

I think RRF had a lot of good stuff in it that should COB should expand upon if they're keeping up with the same style.

Yeah. I think I'm going to say pretty much the same, but

RRF may not be the favorite album of many of you, but it was a very balanced, "good-tempered" album.
In my not-a-music-pro opinion, it's an album you can listen two, three times or more (if you're up to it w/o all this "BUT THIS IS A CRAP ALBUM" thing) without really getting tired of it in terms of songs, I mean, the songs are well interspersed, all of them have ~something~ to add to the atmosphere of the album, making it a very diversified pack when it comes to leads, melodies and general structure.

I wish the extra time is used as a good amount of time to work on each song closely to the point they don't "get rid" of the composing period, as it seemed in RRF since they had too little time to come up with the ideas for the album. I mean, if you're stuck with the deadline shit, you can't be relaxed enough to make something with all your potential. At least for me, I don't mind waiting more time to a new release if it means they'll have enough time to work on each song until they're totally satisfied with their work.

Bust your balls on this one ALexi. Bring back the goddamn melodic harmonies in the riffs. WHy is that so fucking hard? SOme fucking harmonized melodic thrash banging. What the fuck? The world is being Justin Beiberized and the fucking bands start selling out , its the end of the fucking world.

Why is that everytime I say that someone on this forum is the most retarded cocknigger in the whole internet and immediately someone even more retarded shows up. This time though he has 6000 posts more than usually.

Bust your balls on this one ALexi. Bring back the goddamn melodic harmonies in the riffs. WHy is that so fucking hard? SOme fucking harmonized melodic thrash banging. What the fuck? The world is being Justin Beiberized and the fucking bands start selling out , its the end of the fucking world.

Im actually thinking that the melodictrashriffkindathingwehadinthepast balls have broken years ago, and I dont very much expect to hear those kinda lines again from COB...

lol loved the Justin Bierberized thing tho lol...nice \M/