COB start writing new album

Bust your balls on this one ALexi. Bring back the goddamn melodic harmonies in the riffs. WHy is that so fucking hard? SOme fucking harmonized melodic thrash banging. What the fuck? The world is being Justin Beiberized and the fucking bands start selling out , its the end of the fucking world.

Wtf man, you talk sense. I guess the metal music world is waiting for ascension from the dust, for new innovative phenomena to rise, but before that it must be burnt down with all this bullshit. What I mean is, several bands that used to have a special feel have lost their soul and started making thrashy albums for some reason.

Great news. I really liked RRF and still do. I dont always understand people complaining about COB changing. People change, why wouldnt the music they make ? Ffs, the band has played 15 years now, of course they dont want to sound like the same.I dont think COB would even exist anymore if they had been doing the same album all over again as some of the fans seem to wish.

Get over it.

Back to the news, Euro summer tour sounds good, hopefully they'll do at least one summer festival in Finland. I have been kind of waiting when they'll be perfoming in Tuska again since its been a while. Or Ruisrock would be good too. Ilosaari. Anything.

speaking of cars, its it true you dont have speed limit in the highways in germany?

if not, my next big goal in life is to rent an aston martin db9 or something and go there =P

Sometimes there is no speed limit on Autobahns but they're still other cars and stuff (regarding the construction of the road) that might prevent you from driving "without" speed limit.
My car doesnt go faster than 210 km/h so that's also hindering me from going to unlimited speed :p

Great news. I really liked RRF and still do. I dont always understand people complaining about COB changing. People change, why wouldnt the music they make ? Ffs, the band has played 15 years now, of course they dont want to sound like the same.I dont think COB would even exist anymore if they had been doing the same album all over again as some of the fans seem to wish.

Get over it.

I can't believe someone is still going with this "come on, they can't make the same album again and again." Like I've said countless times, they USED TO MAKE DIFFERENT ALBUMS, now they're doing the same thrash album again and again and it's getting boring, they should've steered into some exciting musical direction after AYDY but what happened was they made Blooddrunk and RRF instead, which are like "we didn't have time or energy this time to make anything epic so we came up with this to keep this going for another few years."

It's like they're trying to be two different bands at the same time and the mix is quite confusing. I'm sure if they started now they would not be "Children Of Bodom." What they COULD do is make music that's both shitloads heavier and darker, while also being shitloads more atmospheric and mythical. Then incorporate that into a fitting album artwork theme with the Lake/forest/Reaper. Emotion is extremely important in making heavy riffs sound mean as well. I just don't think rapid use of the sixth string equals heaviness or that icecream keyboard melodies instantly equal emotion. What I think should happen is someone should have a deep conversation with Alexi about vision, emotion and passion in music, and an outsider to tell him what are the key elements in COB's music, cos he's probably too close to it himself. If I'd go to him, I'd suggest to instead of melodic thrash to write atmospheric brutality, cos that's the essence of COB that I think has been superficialized. I'm just a creative guy, I'm not gonna start suggesting what scales to use or anything like that.

I can't believe someone is still going with this "come on, they can't make the same album again and again." Like I've said countless times, they USED TO MAKE DIFFERENT ALBUMS, now they're doing the same thrash album again and again and it's getting boring, they should've steered into some exciting musical direction after AYDY but what happened was they made Blooddrunk and RRF instead, which are like "we didn't have time or energy this time to make anything epic so we came up with this to keep this going for another few years."

It's like they're trying to be two different bands at the same time and the mix is quite confusing. I'm sure if they started now they would not be "Children Of Bodom." What they COULD do is make music that's both shitloads heavier and darker, while also being shitloads more atmospheric and mythical. Then incorporate that into a fitting album artwork theme with the Lake/forest/Reaper. Emotion is extremely important in making heavy riffs sound mean as well. I just don't think rapid use of the sixth string equals heaviness or that icecream keyboard melodies instantly equal emotion. What I think should happen is someone should have a deep conversation with Alexi about vision, emotion and passion in music, and an outsider to tell him what are the key elements in COB's music, cos he's probably too close to it himself. If I'd go to him, I'd suggest to instead of melodic thrash to write atmospheric brutality. I'm just a creative guy, I'm not gonna start suggesting what scales to use or anything like that.

And you my friend talk the same bullshit over and over again! For many people AYDY or RRF are propably better than HB or FTR. Won't you idiot understand this?!?
AYDY has some really nice songs on it, RRF has definitely more interesting,more technically and propably more better songs than FTR or HB and the production and guitar tone is better on this album than on any other COB album. BD is the only newer album which is nothing more than ok.

So plz, plz stop talking like a gay pussy all the time with your emotions, feelings, big hearts, soul, trees, lakes and flowers, start to be a man and realize that many people like their new stuff and that they will never do neo-classical songs again.
Or do us a favour and leave this forum, wank while listen to HB and FTR under your moms skirt and ask her if she could soothe you when you start whining over >AYDY again.

Well you guitar wanking son of a bitch pussy I've got news for you: art reguires vision and emotion. I'm not interested in what you think about my opinions.

NOW LOOK JOONAS WHAT YOU'VE DONE! LITTLE ARCANE IS CRYING!!! ARE HAPPY NOW?!

And btw, if Alexi forced himself to compose again those melodic riffs, atmospheric melodies and shit like that, would it contain any kind of feeling/trees/lakes/reapers/any other shit you've mentioned at all if he did it only because of fans who are demanding it, not because of his free will? I bet not.

And btw, if Alexi forced himself to compose again those melodic riffs, atmospheric melodies and shit like that, would it contain any kind of feeling/trees/lakes/reapers/any other shit you've mentioned at all if he did it only because of fans who are demanding it, not because of his free will? I bet not.

It's the unfortunate truth. Trying to be better than you are would be the true selling out. Not using your potential is not a good situation either, hard to say which is worse, but if I could decide I'd still choose the first; a lot of bands would deliver a worse overall package if only the songwriter contributed and no-one else was involved in the artistic side. It does seem quite clear COB operates by Alexi coming up with riffs and ideas which are then mashed up to form songs, then Henkka delivers an album artwork idea to an artist. Like Alexi says, they never sit down and think what it should sound like or how it should be, he just spontaneously starts writing. I think they should think of the overall picture, or make an outside artist help, it could prove inspiring. And I don't mean an American sound producer - quite the opposite. Surely an outsider manipulating the product beyond the potential always stinks sell-out, but it's still better kind of selling out than making something that simple and young audience can easily digest. Of course metal albums are not treated like multimillion dollar movie projects, but I'm just saying.

Learn to show some respect. It's clear your arrogant ranting is nothing but your own insecurity. You're not a deep thinker, but that doesn't make you more man than me.

Respect for whom? You? For what? That you try to show me that you have some balls in your pants? :lol:
And my own insecurity??? Come on dude, you can't be serious

I don't show my balls by attacking people on internet, but silently disapprove of people with attitude like you.

^
All my negative attitude is just against you. You and your stupid and gay comments. You've posted some interesting things in the past but since 3 years you do NOTHING but whining about Bodoms new albums and how much you miss your flowers and trees. Let me tell you what, RRF has the best production and guitar tone of all albums and nearly all songs are technical better than any song on HB or FTR. The riffs are much more interesting and at least the songs have some cool rythm changes. Only the solos were better in the past. You can say that you don't like the songs you said it's a shitty and bad album and this is why you fail and know nothing about music. You do also always prove it when you post some shitty links of covers with bad tone and playing

Can't we just discuss Bodom without fighting via Ultimatemetal? Jesus!

Not trying to be offensive or anything but welcome to the internet! Discussions on this board without fighting are theoretically and practically impossible. Of course this would be a lot more nicer place without fighting ;___; But in that case this board would miss it's point because it always has been new Bodom vs. old Bodom.

^
All my negative attitude is just against you. You and your stupid and gay comments. You've posted some interesting things in the past but since 3 years you do NOTHING but whining about Bodoms new albums and how much you miss your flowers and trees. Let me tell you what, RRF has the best production and guitar tone of all albums and nearly all songs are technical better than any song on HB or FTR. The riffs are much more interesting and at least the songs have some cool rythm changes. Only the solos were better in the past. You can say that you don't like the songs you said it's a shitty and bad album and this is why you fail and know nothing about music. You do also always prove it when you post some shitty links of covers with bad tone and playing

We just have a different way of analyzing music, to you it's more the technical side and to me it's different things like atmosphere. I post links to covers that often have something exciting and different. Your personal covers are technically well played, but dude they sound boring and lack character. I perfectly see why you like RRF, and that's cool, now may I keep my different opinion and disagree about RRF being a better song than SNBN & KTS? And I'm not gonna take shit from you here, what the hell's wrong with you, just stick to the discussion.

Not trying to be offensive or anything but welcome to the internet!

Well dude, I agree with you.

But what actually makes me kind of sad here is that I see more people complaining about how CoB is shitty in their own forum than in other places of the internet. I mean, this is their own official messageboard and it's been a while since the nice compliments (that actually added something to the discussions, you know) disappeared. Now all what I see is people commenting in -every thread- how CoB's music is shitty, how they hate the "new CoB" and fighting over that. It's like, okay man, but move on.

I don't know. It's just sad.

I think HCDR was a good change from the neo-classical stuff and Im not saying they should go back 10 years and record another Follow the Reaper, but Its obvious that people are waiting for something new again!
I mean aren't the four previous Hate Crew Deathrolls enough?
for me they really are!
Even though there is a difference between every album, the same thrash-thing or however people are calling it, is still the same since -03

They should stop doing everytime more technical songs for the new album and really take a bit from the past with the songwriting, like in HB or FTR the main riffs are very simple and the melodies and leads give the bodom-vibe.
Just compare for example Everytime I die and Cry of the nihilist!?
That's what Im talking about!

btw Im new here and just wanted to write something so dont care If I look like an idiot! thanks

I think HCDR was a good change from the neo-classical stuff and Im not saying they should go back 10 years and record another Follow the Reaper, but Its obvious that people are waiting for something new again!
I mean aren't the four previous Hate Crew Deathrolls enough?

for me they really are!
Even though there is a difference between every album, the same thrash-thing or however people are calling it, is still the same since -03

They should stop doing everytime more technical songs for the new album and really take a bit from the past with the songwriting, like in HB or FTR the main riffs are very simple and the melodies and leads give the bodom-vibe.
Just compare for example Everytime I die and Cry of the nihilist!?
That's what Im talking about!

btw Im new here and just wanted to write something so dont care If I look like an idiot! thanks

This. We don't need a 5th HCDR in a row, we need something fresh.

It sounds so fucking absurd to me when everyone slants the old COB saying "they can't do the same album all the time" :lol: Something Wild, Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper, those albums were EXTREMELY different. Now they've made the same album four times in a row. Then I get slanted for ""wanting the neo-classical riffs back"" which is equally retarded. Just want them to come up with something fresh. Let's make it clear: I don't need the old sound back, we can't have the old vocals back, I don't want neo-classical back, I just want COB to compose something fresh, satanic and atmospheric, instead of this thrashy metal with melodies that's got black humour written all over it.

This is not whining, it's more like I'm trying to present golden ideas and shouting TAKE IT!