COB start writing new album

The Reaper is looking at the dead people under the ice, like he's done with the job, yes. Notice that he's holding the scythe with the two hand, like he's been using it in that moment.

2hgcra0.png

AYDY?, BD, and RRF don't look like they belong there when you put them all together like that. The artwork for the new album is brilliant.

I still can't get over the CGI hamburger meat in Something Wild's cover. Glad they fixed that shit.

I'm afraid I don't have any backups of it anymore... But maybe the new album will convince me to re-launch Scythes Of Bodom and start all over again.

Best thing I've heard in s while! Lets hope Alexi did some honerun with this one!

BTW! Hi Zarok :D

Guys, we're doing it again. Giving another new Bodom album ungodly high expectations. That being said, I am excited.

Looking a bit around the internet, it seems like almost everyone gets excited over the cover art and song titles. Even those who gave up after FtR. I think this could be the definitive make-or-break album for a large group of fans. If it goes back to the style of the older albums they will get a massive popularity boost and regain a lot of older fans. If it is more similar to later albums that group will give up for real and COB will be stuck with the younger fans.

Either way the band will stay to be one of the more popular (extreme) metal bands, but the type of fan will be decided with this album.
Maybe.

I love this speculative phase when we have album art, song titles and random weird notes and opinions from some dude that already listened to it. But yeah, album art (especially hands under ice) is cool, I'm more excited for this album that I was for previous one, based on nothing. Now I just want to hear single or something :)

edit:
Tägtgren mentions new Bodom album briefly in latest Soundi (3/2013): Album sounds really angry but, in a way, controlled. We have formed good working relationship. Alexi is sometimes a little impatient with the vocals "it's fucking good already, let's move on" and I need to talk him to give few more tries. We have interesting working hours, usually we start around nine pm and continue until 7 am.

edit:
Tägtgren mentions new Bodom album briefly in latest Soundi (3/2013): Album sounds really angry but, in a way, controlled. We have formed good working relationship. Alexi is sometimes a little impatient with the vocals "it's fucking good already, let's move on" and I need to talk him to give few more tries. We have interesting working hours, usually we start around nine pm and continue until 7 am.

Cool. One of the biggest mistakes on RRF was the lack of anger, among other things...
Agreed, but lets hope it balances out well. Blooddrunk focused too much on anger, and ended up have less melody and classic Bodom elements. If the Peter was strictly referring to the vocals, than angry=better. I don't want anymore "heavy" groove metal riffs in COB.

I love this speculative phase when we have album art, song titles and random weird notes and opinions from some dude that already listened to it. But yeah, album art (especially hands under ice) is cool, I'm more excited for this album that I was for previous one, based on nothing. Now I just want to hear single or something :)

edit:

Thanks, looks pretty good :)

And I agree, speculation and artwork and so on is cool (particularly after being detail-starved for so long), but now I want a single or a COBTV (Henkka we're holding you to that one!) or something.