COB start writing new album

Looking pretty good, sounds like a pretty mixed album, from very blackish songs to almost punk with some old style Bodom and quite a bit of melodies. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

I tried to do better than Google and translate song descriptions, but original text is written really figuratively and I quickly noticed that my English is failing me big time with this piece of text. :Spin:
And hi CoCOB, Sleeper & Joonas :wave:

Thanks a lot, great work and better help for us non-finnish speakers :) And long time no see, hi!

Dead Man's Hand On You... Slowest song ever by Bodom... I don't understand the purpose of the title. Personal meaning?

By itself Angels Don't Kill is a pretty pointless and bland title too, but then the song is awesome and the title automatically sounds much better. I don't dislike the title too much, but I'll wait for the song acompanying it before deciding. It stands out for being long, but it's not that bad.

I suppose Damaged Beyond Repair is the unworthy title this time. I guess it's something most of people can relate to at least, to varying extents. Many people have health issues of some kind. Is it about the stomach issue preventing Alexi from drinking heavy anymore... Or is it about a car?.

To be honest, coming from Alexi and COB, it was a title long time coming, it was just a matter of time for something like this to pop up. My only "disappointment" is that he didn't actually include 2 Bodom songs to make up for RRF.

Dead Man's Hand implies to some story of a famous poker gamer who was assassinated while holding these pairs (black aces and black eights) in his hand when he was shot in the back of the head (the fifth card's identity is a mystery). So the title Dead Man's Hand On You refers to something metaphoric along the idea of being about to reach victory but being ripped off it on the last moment.

dead_mans_hand_by_anarkyman-1.jpg

Maybe Alexi's just been drinking a lot of Blue Moon lately. And maybe he was drinking a lot of Southern Comfort when he wrote Northern Comfort. I think the track titles are actually kind of bad.. when did Kim stop writing the lyrics to the songs? Follow The Reaper is still the best song/album title!

Maybe Alexi's just been drinking a lot of Blue Moon lately. And maybe he was drinking a lot of Southern Comfort when he wrote Northern Comfort. I think the track titles are actually kind of bad.. when did Kim stop writing the lyrics to the songs? Follow The Reaper is still the best song/album title!

It's true he got the idea to Northern Comfort from Southern Comfort. That song also has the epic melodic part that's very similar to this disco song video with blue lights and a female chanting a melody very similar (I posted it a couple years ago but can't find it anymore), maybe it all happened in a night club...

Blue Moon... I think the blue moon would look great on the album artwork (the blue moment on a winter afternoon looks great and mythical here, around 4 pm, when there's a blue shade on the snowy landscape). Maybe that was the original idea, and maybe they thought the full moon on the artwork is too cliché and takes out creepiness from the art. Bodom artworks are pretty much the only artworks that feature a Reaper that isn't lame and exaggerated, the scythes in Bodom artworks are fantastic, especially this one, the shape is perfect and it isn't so lame and obvious and comical like most Reaper artworks.

Drink-BlueMoon.jpg

Maybe Alexi got the idea to One Bottle and a Knee Deep while they were in India...

tumblr_meiq88NAJS1r88g5fo1_500.jpg

LOL did the same thing yesterday and was waiting for some of you translate it, google is just a creepy thing. :p
The cover pic is quite awesome: it is dark, obscure, freezing... Jebus, so finnish. Can't wait to get that album. :Smokin:

The artwork on the album cover is great! It is just what I was hoping I would see!!! All Twisted, The Days Are Numbered and Scream For Silence are the best title names for me. And thank god the Bodom song is returning on this album. Now waiting for the single.

Now that I calmly analyze the listening report...

The listener comments on the album saying it's "slightly more melodic," there's "no hit choruses," and the first listen "doesn't leave much of anything in mind." The last song seems to not impress him. The three best songs according to him are Halo of Blood, The Days Are Numbered and All Twisted. Well, I hope it sounds interesting and killer. I find hope in the band describing the music "dark". First single maybe after a month?

Super stoked for the soundworld of Bodom Blue Moon ...I can see a soundcabin by a soundlake, sitting near a soundfire with a smoking hot soundbabe.

I guess the single will be out at the end of April, maybe early May.

Haha NO way it will come out that late. Usually singles are released 2-3 months prior nowadays. I'll be very very surprised if the first single comes out anything after early April. Was It Worth it came around 7-8 weeks before the release of RRF.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/200725

"Finnish metal superstars CHILDREN OF BODOM have named their eighth studio album Halo Of Blood and have unveiled the album artwork created this time by Sami Saramäki (Follow The Reaper, Are You Dead Yet?, Hate Crew Deathroll).

Mastermind Alexi Laiho commented: “Halo Of Blood is the eighth studio album from Children Of Bodom and believe it or not but we still managed to keep it fresh and new while still maintaining the elements that make COB sound recognizable. Its got the fastest and the slowest song we ever made and lyrics wise there are themes we had never had before. Its 10 new songs of pure nordic metal and whether you enjoy it with a beer or a glass of water, I’m sure you will have a good time.”

Bass player Henkka Seppälä states about the artwork: "We wanted to have a winter scene. Somehow it fits Well with the atmosphere of the music and the composing session. It could be lake bodom actually, frozen, with people trapped under the ice. Very Finnish looking scene. We were really happy how Sami created the whole imagery!"

The Halo Of Blood tracklisting:
'Waste Of Skin'
'Halo Of Blood'
'Scream For Silence'
'Transference'
'Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)'
'The Days Are Numbered'
'Dead Man’s Hand On You'
'Damage Beyond Repair'
'All Twisted'
'One Bottle And A Knee Deep'

Halo Of Blood will be released June 7th via Nuclear Blast.

Joonas, you're gonna have an orgasm after reading the words from Henkka.
Nordic metal, winter atmosphere, FUCK YEAH!

Hey, they put 'The Second Coming' to Bodom Blue Moon.

Btw I gotta say... I can't get over how much I like this album art. The style and colors are perfect.

im pumped up. the album art combined with the title track are badass

i cant wait to hear a single + announcement of a North American tour to promote the new album :D

Holy crap, the artwork looks fresh!
Of the last three albums, this is the one I've had the best first impression for sure. High expectations on this one.