COB start writing new album

Does anyone remember the exact date "Was It Worth It?" was released? I'm guessing they will release the new single about the same time before the new album as they did with that track on RRF.

The song itself was streamed online on the 11th of January, I think. The single itself came out on the 23rd of February, according to metalarchives.

So... a single in early/middle April as many suggested would be highly possible.

Yeah. Don't worry about it, it will come out, only a matter of when and where. The only thing I care about is whether it's good or not.

I was just reading the earlier conversations about new and old Bodom. I'm not looking for an argument, but seriously am I the only one who likes new and old Bodom? Obviously I like older Bodom more, but I love the band as a whole. It's stupid to argue which is better. It's all opinions guys.

I was just reading the earlier conversations about new and old Bodom. I'm not looking for an argument, but seriously am I the only one who likes new and old Bodom? Obviously I like older Bodom more, but I love the band as a whole. It's stupid to argue which is better. It's all opinions guys.

I love both 'Bodom' and even loving RRF I think they should stop with that thrashy side, I saw a degeneration instead an evolution.

I'm on your side here. I love both new and old Bodom. This band has never come out with a "bad" album in their careers, as far as music is concerned. They understand music way too much to even be capable of doing that. I totally get the cult following behind the older albums as well, since in those albums the music was extremely atmospheric and Laiho's playing was more or less god-tier. Nowadays the atmosphere is still there, but it's a little different. The thrashy riffs (which I love just as much as the older stuff, because good metal is good metal to me) I guess make the music sound...heavier? More brutal and pissed off? Evidently, this would probably lead to a loss of the "mysterious" atmosphere they once had, concentrating more on thrash up to a certain point. I don't know how to describe it, but it's a feeling.

What it seems like they're describing with this new album is a throwback to the early days in terms of the kind of atmosphere they are creating a la Hatebreeder/FTR I guess, but I wouldn't expect the riffing style to follow suit. It's probably still going to stay thrashy and more complex than ever.

I'm totally okay with that though, because if they can pull off creating the kind of atmosphere they once had along with the craziest riffs ever...let's just say this COULD potentially be my new personal favourite Bodom album. We'll just have to see, won't we?

This is my new account (DestructuM)
But yeah I'm honestly looking really forward to the new album. I like watching this band expand. Nevertheless they will always be a great band for what they have put out in the past and future. So New CoB or old CoB it's just Bodom metal and it's great.

What I think will happen is the album will sound darker yes, but it will sadly lack the epic ideas. There will be some interesting ideas but it will mostly be boring and the annoying thashy riffing will still emerge on top of actual atmosphere. This is my prediction based on everything I've seen so far. Each album has its upside and downside. I think I will enjoy this more than RRF easily, but will there be enough epicness and atmosphere, or just venting and screaming?

I forgot to say, the artwork promises great things, there should be some cold/dark atmosphere and heavy riffing when it comes to sound world. Whether this album continues the epicness where FTR left off depends on the creativity... I was pretty confident but the reviews made me doubt. Yes they say it's a bit more melodic and easily better than RRF, but is that enough... they pretty much said it's either boring or the ideas didn't stick to the mind on the first listen. That could be a good thing or bad thing, let's see, at least there should be a few great tracks.

"The Second Coming" promises great things as well. Excited. They actually admit to the greatness of the past works with this title.

I too want an epic ending like Downfall or Kissing.
If you take a look, since HCDR all the final tracks are too short, One Bottle is not like that. Maybe we can enjoy a little bit the ending.

Close an album in a fast & thrashy way is not of my like.
---
Which song could be the single?
I'm going for Damaged Beyond Repair. Maybe Transference, dunno.

"The Second Coming" promises great things as well. Excited. They actually admit to the greatness of the past works with this title.

Exactly my thoughts, the Reaper returns for this time and he brings some atmosphere on the way...
The "Damaged Beyond Repair" is quite single-worthy song

0:18 - 0:34
0:52 - 0:57
1:30 - 1:36

When listening to these samples, I can tell the soundworld is very much reflecting the artwork. The keyboards are icy cold and perilous, while the guitars are dark and equally perilous. I've come to the conclusion this song has to be either Scream for Silence or Transference or Bodom Blue Moon based on descriptions of the songs and how this sounds like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too want an epic ending like Downfall or Kissing.
If you take a look, since HCDR all the final tracks are too short, One Bottle is not like that. Maybe we can enjoy a little bit the ending.

Close an album in a fast & thrashy way is not of my like.
---
Which song could be the single?
I'm going for Damaged Beyond Repair. Maybe Transference, dunno.

One Bottle and A Knee Deep seems to be (judged by the title and the reviews) a forgettable thrash song... I was hoping ten songs didn't mean one additional "filler" but rather a really atmospheric intro track. I agree, I'd love an epic ending...

How can we tell which song will be single. I just think it will not be the opening track, it will not be the fastest track, it will not be the slowest track, it will not be the closing track... I think it will be either track 2, 3, 4, 5 or 9. I would probably go for Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming). But if I have to guess, maybe the title track, however that's the shortest track... I don't know.

I think an artwork with a blue moonside would make for an epic artwork for the single of Bodom Blue Moon. As long as the track is eerily atmospheric, it would be a good idea. There's lots of artwork like this on google. The moon symbolizes a promise of mysterious evil events occurring at lake Bodom. It could've been good enough for the next artwork as well, but it would be really good at least for a single. A threatening, gloomy bluish moon on a cloudy night sky on top of some tree branches over a quiet mysterious lake.

blue_forest_by_beyzayildirim77-d4nw1df.jpg