COB start writing new album

One Bottle and A Knee Deep seems to be (judged by the title and the reviews) a forgettable thrash song... I was hoping ten songs didn't mean one additional "filler" but rather a really atmospheric intro track. I agree, I'd love an epic ending...

How can we tell which song will be single. I just think it will not be the opening track, it will not be the fastest track, it will not be the slowest track, it will not be the closing track... I think it will be either track 2, 3, 4, 5 or 9. I would probably go for Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming). But if I have to guess, maybe the title track, however that's the shortest track... I don't know.

I always had a hunch that they would release the title track as the single. Whether or not that's the case still remains to be seen. But this suspicion stems from the fact that Bodom are always so secretive right before their album comes out (WHY?! ARGH) and it is the shortest track AND the title track, which could double up as giving us a taste of what to expect for the rest of the album while giving us the least amount of music possible.

I always had a hunch that they would release the title track as the single. Whether or not that's the case still remains to be seen. But this suspicion stems from the fact that Bodom are always so secretive right before their album comes out (WHY?! ARGH) and it is the shortest track AND the title track, which could double up as giving us a taste of what to expect for the rest of the album while giving us the least possible amount of music possible.

Yeah but it's a very special track.

I want Bodom Blue Moon for a single, with the artwork described above. As long as it's musically fit.

I think an artwork with a blue moonside would make for an epic artwork for the single of Bodom Blue Moon. As long as the track is eerily atmospheric, it would be a good idea. There's lots of artwork like this on google. The moon symbolizes a promise of mysterious evil events occurring at lake Bodom. It could've been good enough for the next artwork as well, but it would be really good at least for a single. A threatening, gloomy bluish moon on a cloudy night sky on top of some tree branches over a quiet mysterious lake.

"IMAGE"
LMAO nice 98172392173x1729387219831 resolution picture :D The actual image is very cool though.

LMAO nice 98172392173x1729387219831 resolution picture :D The actual image is very cool though.

So much more on google images... I always loved a blue dark nature artwork for desktop.

This one's nice too, not maybe for Bodom artwork but still.

full_moon___by_moroka323.jpg

All I want is the first single to get a picture of how the album is.

Is there no more reviews? Can't find any.

Not alone there, but care for what you wish. WIWI was no picture whatsoever for how RRF was ;)

Does anyone remember the exact date "Was It Worth It?" was released? I'm guessing they will release the new single about the same time before the new album as they did with that track on RRF.

I may be wrong, but I remember WIWI not being the first single. Wasn't it Ugly or Cry Of The Nihilist? I remember COTN being some sort of UK radio single or whatever? My memory's not very good on that though, RRF was released on the year I was abroad on an erasmus scholarship, my mind wasn't the brightest throughout that year :lol:

I was just reading the earlier conversations about new and old Bodom. I'm not looking for an argument, but seriously am I the only one who likes new and old Bodom? Obviously I like older Bodom more, but I love the band as a whole. It's stupid to argue which is better. It's all opinions guys.

Nope, I like them all, and not in old-new or reverse order, more like mixed.

This is my new account (DestructuM)
But yeah I'm honestly looking really forward to the new album. I like watching this band expand. Nevertheless they will always be a great band for what they have put out in the past and future. So New CoB or old CoB it's just Bodom metal and it's great.

Why two accounts?

What I think will happen is the album will sound darker yes, but it will sadly lack the epic ideas. There will be some interesting ideas but it will mostly be boring and the annoying thashy riffing will still emerge on top of actual atmosphere. This is my prediction based on everything I've seen so far. Each album has its upside and downside. I think I will enjoy this more than RRF easily, but will there be enough epicness and atmosphere, or just venting and screaming?

So you expect Blooddrunk part 2? I wouldn't expect that, really, since it looks like their less favourite album (notice how they hardly play anything from it now anymore, only the titletrack). I think this is going to be a sort of FTR meets RRF kind of abum, but then again that could be just me making a stupid asumption because my head sort of links both artworks together.

I may be wrong, but I remember WIWI not being the first single. Wasn't it Ugly or Cry Of The Nihilist? I remember COTN being some sort of UK radio single or whatever? My memory's not very good on that though, RRF was released on the year I was abroad on an erasmus scholarship, my mind wasn't the brightest throughout that year :lol:
Nah the order was: Shovel Knockout eargasm sample (everyone thought so), WIWI, Cry of the Nihilst & then lastly Ugly. At least what I remember :D

No it was definitely 'Ugly' because I remember a couple months or so before the album came out they had that track on a cd sampler in Metal Hammer or something.

True, forgot about the interview/SK bit, but actual single I think Ugly was the first one to come out. Not as an actual single, like in physical format and whatever, but as online single. Could be wrong anyways (sleeper will probably set us on the right path if she reads this :) ), but all I said it for is what I told Joonas, that we'd be better off not judging the album on the first single alone (maybe if it's one of the so called 3 best songs). I still can't wait for the first one to pop out. We're roughly 2 months away from the release, so it shouldn't be long before we get something.

Yeah hopefully sleeper can set us straight...But as far as I recall there's no way Ugly came out in 2010. I remember WIWI being the first song.

EDIT: Went back to the RRF thread and checked. WIWI was the first song that aired on Finnish radio January 3rd, and Ugly was second song that premiered on radio February 4th. And lastly Cry of the Nihilist February 22nd.

Didn't find when the SKO sample came out but I think it was between WIWI and Ugly.

Yeah hopefully sleeper can set us straight...But as far as I recall there's no way Ugly came out in 2010. I remember WIWI being the first song.

EDIT: Went back to the RRF thread and checked. WIWI was the first song that aired on Finnish radio January 3rd, and Ugly was second song that premiered on radio February 4th. And lastly Cry of the Nihilist February 22nd.

Didn't find when the SKO sample came out but I think it was between WIWI and Ugly.

Yeah I thought so, except I remember the SKO sample came out before we heard anything else from the album. Remember how psyched everyone was for the album when they heard it and then WIWI came out and everyone was sort of like..."oh fuck".

Maybe we'll enjoy the album if we stop compare things with the older ones.
Just enjoy the music as a one new piece of music and if we don't like it by X or Y just write it here.

Most of the fans can never enjoy new albums just because they want 'x' album or whatever, but anyway this happens in all the bands..

from Jaska facebook page:
Hello my friends.
We just finished the band's part of the music video shooting. Looks good.

483769_494019507323762_1787340447_n.jpg

And it really looks good! The picture and scenery reminds me of the Deadnight Warrior video, which was kind of funny, but I always loved it! It really looks like returning to roots now. Can't wait for the song to be released. :D

A cemetery with snow? Cool.
I'm trying Jaska to ask which song is for the video but he didn't say nothing haha

Okay so what song do you think it is? I mean judging from the looks of it, I do think it's track 1,2 or 5. I think it's more likely to be track 1 or 2. Most likely the title track. Looks cool, compared to the previous music videos.