COB start writing new album

I have to say I like it very much. It is interesting and fresh IMO, can't wait for the album now. Hopefully there will be some more teasers soon!

THAT SAMPLE WAS SIMPLY FUCKING AWESOME! And I LOVE the fact that Alexi says ''Children of Bodom'' are back as if they feel they've been lacking lately and are coming back with a fucking vengeance.

That ''soundi clip'' part sounds fucking awesome with real production behind it.

Anyone know which song it is btw? Tried to decipher what they screamed in the group shout but didn't really hear. And Alexis vocals definitely seems to improved as well, you can hear that he does a little bit of a more ''old'' Alexi scream in the group shout.

CANT. FUCKING. WAIT. Also, the production is definitely what I hoped for since the extremely weird/bad RRF production.

Hmm. I think this must be the last song, it's kinda like humppa. It's the song that was on the rehearsal video. By that time Alexi's only teaching it to Janne. It's a song with energetic vibe, it's a party song, not one of them evil grim songs. The melody is on top of guitar riffing. Hard to say much about the sound world, except that it's energetic less annoying than RRF.

Lmao are you kidding? This track is melodic as HELL, and the last song was said to be ''punkish''?

This is GUARANTEED not the last track.

Some comments on twitter from a music writer, re Halo of Blood

"Weird, a gothed-up ballad on the new Bodom album.

I find myself trying harder than I should to hear the hooks on Bodom's 'Halo of Blood'. Hooks should grab you, not the other way around.

Overall Bodom's new LP is the same old fun from Alexi, some tracks stick more than others. "Bodom Blue Moon" & "All Twisted" are keepers."

It sounds pretty good, fresh, melodic and energetic... soundworld is blue, white and black. This song isn't one of the dark songs, at least it's not focused on heavy riffing. I would guess this is the Bodom song. Maybe the opening track? Who knows... Wonder why this one is brought up in the rehearsal video and this presentation. I hope they're indeed on the right path and become what they used to be. I'll say more when I hear more. Confusing to hear people criticize about the lack of hooks. Seems promising, but the feedback is divided. I hope these guys are just random dudes who don't understand the music. You can tell this is one of the better songs on the album. Pretty much they're trying to do exactly what I was preaching about all these years, ignoring everybody who tried to shut me up, so I'm psyched... I just hope there's enough creativity despite the frustrated comments from reviewers. Can't really wait to hear it.

I don't think this is Halo of Blood by the way, he's not saying Halo or Blood in the entire sample, and this sample definitely seems to be the chorus. Can't actually hear any of the song titles in the sample at all. But they don't always scream the song titles in the chorus though.

It sounds pretty good, fresh, melodic and energetic... soundworld is blue, white and black. This song isn't one of the dark songs, at least it's not focused on heavy riffing. I would guess this is the Bodom song. Wonder why this one is brought up in the rehearsal video and this presentation. I hope they're indeed on the right path and become what they used to be. I'll say more when I hear more. Confusing to hear people criticize about the lack of hooks. Seems promising, but the feedback is divided. I hope these guys are just random dudes who don't understand the music. You can tell this is one of the better songs on the album.

Pretty much they're trying to do exactly what I was preaching about all these years, so I'm psyched... I just hope there's enough hooks despite the frustrated comments from reviewers.
All we heard was the chorus of one song. And softly the 'Soundi' part. So you really can't tell that much about the complete song, let alone the album.
After all, the WIWI intro we heard first was pretty good as well.

But that this sounds very promising, is absolutely true.

One quick question, you've heard how many of these songs already?:loco:

You know, it could be this is one of the only good parts on the album. :) I hope not! Last time they only used the good parts of SKO and RtHaB for these purposes. It's wise to choose an interesting piece from the album for the press videos, instead of a boring part... Think it's going to sound interesting and diverse in tempo as well as aggression vs party. Remains to be seen how much epic musical ideas there is. I'm very very excited, the only thing keeping my head down a bit is the reviewers complaining about the lack of hooks. So this is how the party mood sounds like on the album... now I want to hear the aggressive and heavy side... and some orchestral hits... It'll come eventually, I just pray the epic ideas are there too. That melody sounds fun to play. I'm thinking, if the shit sounds the way I've been portrayed, then it'll sound good even without special hooks... I have difficulty understanding how this could lack hooks, as even RRF in all its boringness and annoyingness included a hook in every song.

Upon further listening I think this actually MIGHT be the title track Halo of Blood.
Halo of Blood, could mean like a ''ring of blood'', and they scream KILL KILL KILL (At least it sounds like it), so I think it might be that one actually. But it was described as very heavy and death metallish and the most heavy in a long time...And the sampled song was very melodic. If you go by the descriptions it sounds more like it could be track 1,4 or 8. Guess we'll just have to wait a bit more to know the name of it :) We don't even know if the sampled song is actually the song that they made a music video for, but most likely it is. At least stuff is shaping up nicely now, and it only 9-10 weeks until release! It's not so damn long when you think of it.

That sounded great! I simply love the mix and the production, and Alexi's voice is back on track too! To me it seems like this is the title track. But I don't think this will be the first single.

How could this be the title track? What evidence do you have to back that up with? I was crucified in the past for making assumptions based merely on ass-feeling. The title track is described to be full of blast beats and to be heavy and to start as if bricks falling on your back. This is like a party song and the intro on the video is the basic riff which is quite laid-back. Those cold keys are mixed away or very down on the record. The only theory I can pull out from the lyrics is the word "lies" which could relate to Transference.

That sounded great! I simply love the mix and the production, and Alexi's voice is back on track too! To me it seems like this is the title track. But I don't think this will be the first single.

Next time read carefully, because I said to me it seems like title track. I didn't say it is, no one here knows that for sure. Unlike you, I make clear if it is an assumption or a statement.

I can promise you this isn't the song Halo of Blood. That one will be more seriouss.

What do you mean serious? You mean the song isn't sincere? Or you mean they're joking somehow? Newsflash: The whole album is serious. You could say that all the covers aren't serious though.

And no you can't promise anything because you can't possibly KNOW what song it is except for basing it on your subjective opinions and speculations.