COB start writing new album

I had heard not long ago that COB was writing a new album but as I haven't liked any of their newer stuff too much I kind of forgot and didn't care.

Well yesterday I was driving home and the XM was tuned into Liquid Metal and I noticed the song that was playing sounded more like something from Europe, which was strange to me as that station very rarely plays something not from the US. So when I hit the "info" button it reads "Childrem of Bodom-Halo of Blood". I was like "oh, did their new album come out already?". Later that night I searched online for info and not only did I find it wasn't out yet, but there wasn't even a single or song out on Youtube or anywhere. I thought that the song that was on the radio would be available to hear on Youtube as if it was on the radio then it should have been some sort of single release.

I caught the song like halfway through so I dunno if they played it as a one time preview or if they play it regularly or what? I don't even know how to explain how the song sounded since I caught it halfway through and it was so random and sudden. I remember barely hearing any keyboard and I THINK it was sort of thrashy. Anyway, has anybody here heard the title track on XM like I did, or anywhere else for that matter. I am wondering if maybe they played the song when they weren't supposed to or something since it seems the album is still some big unheard mystery on the internet?

Nice try.

Bahahaha Joodas do you analyze everything in such detail no matter what it is?

"I took a big turtle poo this morning, the soundworlds were brown. There was corn in it- I don't think it was as atmospheric as my last shit"

It's posts like this why I didn't come here for nearly two years.

I had heard not long ago that COB was writing a new album but as I haven't liked any of their newer stuff too much I kind of forgot and didn't care.

Well yesterday I was driving home and the XM was tuned into Liquid Metal and I noticed the song that was playing sounded more like something from Europe, which was strange to me as that station very rarely plays something not from the US. So when I hit the "info" button it reads "Childrem of Bodom-Halo of Blood". I was like "oh, did their new album come out already?". Later that night I searched online for info and not only did I find it wasn't out yet, but there wasn't even a single or song out on Youtube or anywhere. I thought that the song that was on the radio would be available to hear on Youtube as if it was on the radio then it should have been some sort of single release.

I caught the song like halfway through so I dunno if they played it as a one time preview or if they play it regularly or what? I don't even know how to explain how the song sounded since I caught it halfway through and it was so random and sudden. I remember barely hearing any keyboard and I THINK it was sort of thrashy. Anyway, has anybody here heard the title track on XM like I did, or anywhere else for that matter. I am wondering if maybe they played the song when they weren't supposed to or something since it seems the album is still some big unheard mystery on the internet?

Nice try, Nuclear Blast employee...

Why are you talking here shit like this? I thought this supposed to be thread about new album, not bitching

E: They'll say not to feed the troll, but i have to now

He just reminded EvilKatarn it's better to bring something useful to the forum before starting to complain about others.

People have been complaining on my posts about "atmosphere" and ideas about COB returning to the roots, and telling me it's never gonna happen... but behold... it wasn't all in vain. ;)

He just reminded EvilKatarn it's better to bring something useful to the forum before starting to complain about others.

People have been complaining on my posts about "atmosphere" and ideas about COB returning to the roots, and telling me it's never gonna happen... but see, it wasn't all in vain.

Yeah, let's leave those things to past now... Has anybody found new samples or bits from new songs? Im hunger for more than the trailer :loco:

E: Yes, I agree with you, even that little bit of chorus and soundi clip promises more melodic stuff, can't wait for the album!

No one's missing you ;)

That was not my claim, but I'm certain people would be happier to read the forum if there were less people constantly shitting up the place. For every Joonas post there's tens of "LOL Joonas u fag" posts which are retarded beyond belief. It's a forum, not instant messaging. Also poop "jokes" are bad.

But well, what am I expecting. It's been like this forever.

Where's necro and iPot?

That was not my claim, but I'm certain people would be happier to read the forum if there were less people constantly shitting up the place. For every Joonas post there's tens of "LOL Joonas u fag" posts which are retarded beyond belief. It's a forum, not instant messaging. Also poop "jokes" are bad.

But well, what am I expecting. It's been like this forever.

Yes, it was like this for many years, it was seriously annoying. Now the trolls will have to shut up because my "delusional" ideas are apparently becoming reality... Now the only worry is waiting to hear the songs and hoping there's some eternal ideas that make this album a worthy successor to the original albums... At least some songs should be epic, but can it maintain a constantly high level in creativity? It will be hard to mimic the deep feeling of the old albums, but let's see what they can do... if it's better than any of the new style albums, then great. My personal fear is the album's still hiding a secret, that's it's quite scarce in epic ideas and hooks. There's some pretty badass songs on each of the new albums (except RRF is quite a limbing one) so it's not automatic to assume so but if it is better then there will be lots to enjoy, even if it's not as great as the original albums.

Wait a min, isn't this a blast beat behind the chorus?

OH MY FUCKING GOD THE TONE! I am seriously in love with the overall sound of the album. Guitars sound strong yet sharp, keys loud and nice, drums in your face and the vocals, well that was very cool to hear.

Hi José, long time no see!

I must disagree with you here, but if you remember our previous private conversations that should come as no surprise ;)

Sound is the only thing I didn't like about the sample. I liked the melodies, I liked the vocals and the way they apparently regained aggressiveness, but the sound ... no, I don't like that. It is brickwalled ... again, like all other COB albums, and that's precisely what I hate in modern records. Drums are all but "in your face" :(

I find that they are returning to their roots, and I'm overrall really excited for the new album. I really hope they post a single soon though.

Has anybody come up with something new?

I find that they are returning to their roots, and I'm overrall really excited for the new album. I really hope they post a single soon though.

Did somebody mention that somebody from COB said they hopefully get new music video released within a month? I remember somebody told that...

E: somebody, somebody, somebody =D

Has anybody come up with something new?

Did somebody mention that somebody from COB said they hopefully get new music video released within a month? I remember somebody told that...

E: somebody, somebody, somebody =D

Yeah, Jaska said on facebook that we can expect the video in about a month.

The video can't come soon enough, ffs 30 sec is not even close to enough after so much time information-starved :lol:

Hi José, long time no see!

I must disagree with you here, but if you remember our previous private conversations that should come as no surprise ;)

Sound is the only thing I didn't like about the sample. I liked the melodies, I liked the vocals and the way they apparently regained aggressiveness, but the sound ... no, I don't like that. It is brickwalled ... again, like all other COB albums, and that's precisely what I hate in modern records. Drums are all but "in your face" :(

Hi there, long time no see indeed :)

Haha I guess I could expect it, since I remember my liking and actual good sound (theory-range-wave wise) didn't seem to match too well, and I guess I see what you mean about brickwalled, but to be honest I like that for this kind of music. Sort of in the same vein as HCD which is my all time favourite COB album. We'll have to wait for the actual album before knowing the exact dynamic range, but I don't see it coming too close to your liking on that department. Anyhow, sounds are distinguishable and clear enough for me unlike BD and SW, so far I can't complain too much.

About the drums, maybe I used a wrong expression, but what I mean is that, unlike past abums, in this samples you can hear the wide toms Jaska uses and the drum tones have some "deepness" to them, if you know what I mean, which is a welcome addition compared to their previous drums at least in my book, and the overall aggressiveness sounds great to me.

Finally wasn't too lazy to go check my password lol .
super excited , but i think it's too bad that they chose this chorus to that riff that we heard on soundi thingy because they're both different and it's hard for me to connect them both together , i guess i'll just wait for the single , obviously it's going to be the single with the video clip that they've just recorded .
I find nuclear blast's "album teasers" kinda funny and amusing all of the time haha because
they're like "part 1" "part 2 " i dunno it's just funny in a way .

^But they're similar, the ending of the melody is very similar. It's quite similar to the ending of Cry of the Nihilist melody.

more pics from the video shoot. :D
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo.jpg