COB start writing new album

It's so lame how articles relate Peter to Marduk and Amon Amarth (with whom he worked on an album in a studio or something...) when he should be known as the man behind Hypocrisy and Pain... so lame to make such mistakes.

Waiting for new reviews from the first listening session.

The artwork of this album (title as well) is simply fucking perfect and exactly what I was dreaming about here for ages and pissing you off by repeating it in every post... cross my heart the songs are equally killer and atmospheric.

According to a new review posted on Interviews:

The album is heavy even on Bodom merit.
There's some boringness, but also some of the most interesting Bodom in a long time.
The first song starts fast.
It's an even more technically challenging album.
There's fast and slow stuff.
Blast beats dominate the album.
It's aggressive, but less catchy melodies than on early albums.

Why the fuck did they include this Roxette song in the album instead of Cruel Summer? Why pick shit instead of gold? This sounds more like the band I suppose. I don't like this vibe. This shitty decision just took away much of my faith. I don't want my sacred Bodom CD to end with a disgrace like this...

On the other hand I can't imagine how Alexi's gonna pull off the vocals to Cruel Summer... I wouldn't mind a female vocalist. It would be an epic song to end the album with! It really would. Catchy, melodic, black humor hinting to the murder day.

I hope it's killer and sexy and atmospheric and melodic. I now have the impression it's got darkish riffing but it's mostly very boring and nothing too memorable. I suppose that's the downside of this album. I want to believe it's got some electric stuff in in. But this news about the album being boring and this Roxette cover make me cautious.

Back to reality I suppose. Well, waiting to hear the better songs.

Looks good! Cant wait to hear it, we need a single ASAP! I feel the "Damage Beyond Repair" gonna be the single song...

I lost some of my faith after understanding on the reviews it's not very rich in ideas. For sure this album will have its downside and upside like every COB album.

Single maybe in a month or two?

I hope the riffing is energetic like an evil master plan. I want some brutal ear sex with atmospheric keyboards manifesting the orgasm.

Cool your head down Joonas ffs, everything's gonna be ok! :D

New Hypocrisy album will be out tomorrow, maybe that will ease your mind for a day or two.

This is a letdown, but there will be more and moooore reviews, don't worry Joonas :)
With this review it seems like a Blooddrunk part 2, with the first one it was like FTR feats BD.

Anyway... you can end the album with One Bottle, don't listen to Sleeping in my car like the final one, it's easy.
It's what I'm going to do, whatever is Sleeping or Cruel Summer.

The thing about new COB songs is that you have to listen to them at least 10 times to start digesting them. Are these reviews based off a listening session or do they actually have a copy of the album? From what hear the "back to the roots" seems to be more of regaining that youthful aggression and not so much the atmosphere. Gotta wait and see..

Trying to bring my expectations as low as possible before release...

The first half of Black Widow is pure gold... song's got some of the best orchestral hits ever... while listening I feel nice thinking about stabbing my knife through some bitch's throat who recently fucked with me...

The Hypocrisy album actually came out yesterday, at least for Swedes. And the album is DAMN good actually. Great year for Melodeath so far, Soilwork's new album might be the best album of the year and Hypocrisy's was really good as well. Now it's just CoB, Kalmah, Dark Tranquillity & Amon Amarth coming up in and all before/around summer and I have a feeling it's a good year for melodeath. Going to be a kickass year.
The first half of Black Widow is pure gold... song's got some of the best orchestral hits ever... while listening I feel nice thinking about stabbing my knife through some bitch's throat who recently fucked with me...

I hope that was some sort of a metaphor dude, lol. Otherwise...HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

:) Fans are drooling for any bits of information, then some dude just has to sit down on his computer and type to us how he's too busy and tired listening to the new album which he happens to have on his table.

3:08 one of Bodom's best. It's done with the keyboard (such as with D from four different octaves) and empowered with the small brass plate and pedals on the drums I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
Track list
CD:
01. Waste Of Skin
02. Halo Of Blood
03. Scream For Silence
04. Transference
05. Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)
06. The Days Are Numbered
07. Dead Man’s Hand On You
08. Damage Beyond Repair
09. All Twisted
10. One Bottle And A Knee Deep
Bonus track:
11. Sleeping In My Car (Roxette cover song)
DVD:
- Making of "Halo Of Blood"

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd-digi-dvd/children-of-bodom-halo-of-blood.html

Halo Of Blood on the white vinyl fuck yeahh i want it

I read on cobhc that there would be two cover songs, banannarama and roxette??

One will be for a release and other for another, I guess one for Europe/USA and the other for Japan or something like that ;)

Adrien Begrand (Metal writer/contributor to http://MSN.com , Decibel, Terrorizer, etc) on twitter:

"Got the new Bodom today. No time to listen to the whole thing yet, but the first track is sufficiently Bodomy."

Sounds good. Wonder if they'll be as good with the album protection as they were last time. If I remember correctly RRF didn't leak or if it did was very very late, less than half a month before the album was out at best. I don't know how but they did a great job.