COB start writing new album

What the fuck is an orchestral hit? At least in the COB world.

I think the most classic ones are the ones from Downfall.
Listen around 2:13 into the song. It's basically like when you pick a character on Tekken or something, if you know how that sounds...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the most classic ones are the ones from Downfall.
Listen around 2:13 into the song. It's basically like when you pick a character on Tekken or something, if you know how that sounds...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su0dkHstMYI
Hahahaha, this is unbelievable!
I've spent like two years wondering what kind of sounds are that parts.
One of the reasons I love HB is because it's full of this orchestral hits. They're like "powerful" and have this kind of action video game feel, love it.

Reading the translated summary of yesterday's review I think that Jaska is showing us what he did the most of Blooddrunk, the blastbeats. I don't like them very much, but it also says something like new rhytms, so we'll se.

All in all, I'm not currently waiting the next chapter of the classic trilogy but a combination of the last 4 albums in the best possible way.

I can't think of any moment on BD with blastbeats.. Jaska did some only on SW and HB, and then maybe at the beginning of SKO (which is discutable).

This is what I call 'blastbeats':

Hahahaha, this is unbelievable!
I've spent like two years wondering what kind of sounds are that parts.
One of the reasons I love HB is because it's full of this orchestral hits. They're like "powerful" and have this kind of action video game feel, love it.

Reading the translated summary of yesterday's review I think that Jaska is showing us what he did the most of Blooddrunk, the blastbeats. I don't like them very much, but it also says something like new rhytms, so we'll se.

All in all, I'm not currently waiting the next chapter of the classic trilogy but a combination of the last 4 albums in the best possible way.

HLiNa is right, there weren't any blast beats on Blooddrunk...they were only on SW, HB, and SKO off RRF. Anyways I fucking love blast beats. LOL

User frisovandaalen on last.fm wrote: "Got the promo of the new album. More dark songs, titletrack contains blastbeats and it's way better then their previous album. Have to listen it more to give a more decent review though..."

Hope this wasn't posted before, but you can ask Roope questions on Mobile Backstage (Video shooting is on Monday).

Just preorderd the CD, maybe the Making Of on the Digipack Version is COBTV 4.

Hope this wasn't posted before, but you can ask Roope questions on Mobile Backstage (Video shooting is on Monday).

Just preorderd the CD, maybe the Making Of on the Digipack Version is COBTV 4.

Well if it's just a COBTV 4 I sure hope it's longer than 6-7 minutes like the previous ones :D

Anyone know when they're gonna make it available to pre-order for North Americans? I don't want to pre-order off the Nuclear Blast site because I'm gonna have to pay out the fucking ass for shipping expenses and whatnot. Also there's no T-Shirt bundle or whatever, and I do love me pre-order bundles that come with clothes. They usually have those.

Aha ok great, thanks.
Or rather damn, coz i would like both being there. Gonna have to buy the other on itunes then.

I guess they'll pop around anyways, or maybe they'll include them as b-side to a single. Although I'm just guessing on the release thing, just because they've done it before and would make no sense to record something and not release it.

User frisovandaalen on last.fm wrote: "Got the promo of the new album. More dark songs, titletrack contains blastbeats and it's way better then their previous album. Have to listen it more to give a more decent review though..."

Keep us posted on the review then when it comes up if you don't mind ;) Better than RRF sounds good to me, I loved it.

New Hypocrisy has nothing memorable, except first track verse and chorus. Many bands have now announced returning to old sound or style, and made an album that sounds like past days but very boring and lackluster in creativity (Cradle of Filth, The 69 Eyes, Hypocrisy...) Hope Bodom doesn't do the same. I'm concerned by the other review naming their article "Heavy as fuck, or boring as fuck?" Still I'm encouraged by the few songs that apparently are interesting. I think I know exactly how this album will be.

I can't think of any moment on BD with blastbeats.. Jaska did some only on SW and HB, and then maybe at the beginning of SKO (which is discutable).

This is what I call 'blastbeats': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtsTZdeFrrk

When I think of blast beats I think of these guys

Hopefully Jaska doesn't get carried away with the blast beats and do them the whole song......

Wow, four pages in two days of absence? If wouldn't already know about the new CD, I could at least guess now ;) Cool cover artwork for me, not too excited about the song titles, but I couldn't care less about them as long as the music is good. Looking forward to hear the first real teasers! Anyone knows if preordering is already possible somewhere?