COB start writing new album

What happened to the "Crazy Nights" cover or whatever the hell it was? The song was included in one of those Japanese samples. Making the total number of tracks 12. Click here for the samples

Nvm found a link, and wasn't this one of the songs that they used to play back in the 90's? Just the intro riff tho. I remember it being played on the Tokyo Warhearts CD, right at the end of War of Razors.

Link for Crazy Nights

Cruel Summer is for the Digipak I believe. Oh wait no, that is Sleeping in My Car.
I'm confused now. We'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

Yeah but that little magical bit is so out of place in the song, I'd say.

I don't know about that. For me, I get a thorough Hatebreeder vibe throughout the entire song besides the punk rock chorus. It's only missing those simple leads that added to the mystery sound of HB. The chorus is what throws the song off, at least for me. I like it, but it could have been something else entirely. If it had a TDE/Downfall type chorus instead the song could comfortably sit on their second album.

And for the record I was joking about the forest visualization. Even though it's cool I like to still make fun of you guys for doing it.

I get a thorough Hatebreeder vibe throughout the entire song besides the punk rock chorus.

Maybe you could say that in songwriting content terms, but the spirit just isn't the same. This song is more like a song that Offspring could write. It's missing the mysterious element apart from the snow scene. It's like driving an eighties car on a sunny road wearing caps backways and having a few beers. It wasn't exactly the apocalyptic end of the world song I was expecting. Same goes for All Twisted, but that one's hella catchy from 1:40 on or so.

And for the record I was joking about the forest visualization.

I wasn't, that's the worrying part.

Hahahaha Roopes vocals in Sleeping In My Car LOL. Too damn funny. He manages to even sound drunk on recording as well :D

Alexi has a playlist + commentary on Spotify. The Days Are Numbered is also available on Spotify.

Halo Of Blood
A cold silence washes over the night,
Dark as the blood within
The empty Shell that once was you

Drary whispers everywhere
Chant vengeance on and on
Pick up the blade, come out and play..

So you shot up among the living
Now you bleed among the dead way down below
Down you belong

I follow as you lead the way
Through a cloud of red you say
Take my hand, hit the vein, take this pain.. be my

Halo of blood, turn my tears to mud
Take this grief make me hate

Child of the Night, walk with me and light the path
Lead us to the halo of blood

Scream for Silence
It's a long way to the top of rockbottom
Bottoms up, lets drown my sorrow

If you need to feed on pain, you might as well tap my vein

And tomorrow screams for silence
The chaos whispers violence..
It screams out the truth and the truth never speaks in love

Never wanted to be the reason, why I'm ending up alone.
I cry out at my reflection, just to hear that no one's home

Hey! What happens if you're still alive?

Will you suffer enough to cry?

If tears infest our holy ground.

That world will spin around

I'm content, I'm high

You wouldn't dare
to touch, to feel..
It's not like you would care

I'm safe, I'll fly.. and I will try

You forewent, good bye
You say as I die

Your Days Are Numbered
Gonna do it my way
Promise that one day
All of you are going down
Really just can't wait
To free this pure hate
And that sure as hell is gonna hurt

Do you remeber
Thinking I'd surrender
As if I would bow to you
I'm Always gonna sceam (typo?) n spit, have a fucking shitfit
Just wait and you will see

The shining blade of mine has spilled blood before
Dismal, dark feeling is knocking at my door
Your name on my blade I won't erase
Until I get to cout my name on your face

This violent rage I just can't control it anymore
You better pray to good
As I drink your blood
And spit it in your fucking ugly face

On the edge of madness
Riled up, obsessed to see you suffer as you die

Watch the sun going down like the whore that you are
Wait for the moon rising up like my insanity, it's on!

Content to set you free, you're shackled I hold the key
Your Dayrs are numbered ad thirty three

Come here just follow me
It will be quick you will see

Cos your days are numbered at thirty fucking three

Dead Man's Hand On You

Walked a long long way down there..
Just to see, feel your flare

I wanna sleep just drift away...

Mother Kali.. Just tuck me in, take me in..

Take me out

Heaven, earth and the underworld
Give me the white, the red and black..

It's all I ask, that's what I need to feed

If you let me love and be.. true blue

I'll be more than just a dead man's hand on you

Tell me lies won't be denied

Mother Kali.. will you be my bride?

I'd paint your roses black and show you heaven

Just to feel your skin for one more second

It'ss all I want thats what I do

Love me one more time and I'll let you kill me too

All Twisted
When the damage is done and the words have been spoken

I'm flat on the floor, left alone and broken

Kill the bottle, beat the booze to the punch

Kick the mirror in pieces, grab one break a bunch

How did I get here? Once again in a nitemare singing my refrain

Is this my fate, was that my life I just saw flash before my eyes

Saw a lot of smiles, felt tears of joy

Oh the hope, all the life fore me to destroy..

Goin up goin down in a hole so small
A rise followed by a free motherfuckin fall

I'm living with things all twisted
Breathing in life I resisted
This way my fate this is the world where I belong

Don't know how long I've been gone
Nor do I recall things I've done

It just feels so wrong,
It seems too good that I way always just misunderstood

I'm living with now gone, dismissed,
Forgotten faces once existed
Laughin at my pride and singing my song

I'm alive with things all twisted
Breathing in life I resisted
This was my fate, this world where I belong

All twisted wasa my life is that so wrong?

There's Transference too, but the lyrics have been posted by Nuclear Blast already.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! WORTH THE WAIT DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO MAKE IT FAIR!

This album is absolutely sick! If it's not my favourite album of all time (I'll give it a half a year or so to "cool down") it's right up there!

Waste Of Skin

Can't say I have a favourite in this album but definitely top 3! Love the melody, pretty cool solos and overall a great song imho, I hope I see it live.

Halo Of Blood

Already sort of beaten to the ground, but glad to see them prove black metal doens't have to be boring blastbeats and one string semifuse picking.

Scream For Silence

For a ballad not in COB's top, but it's hard to top ETID or ADK, still pretty cool, powerful chorus and cool solos, and keeps getting better and better the longer the song goes.

Transference

Again sort of beaten to the ground already, but extremely cool song, mixes fun/melodic vibe with dark side, and probably doesn't feel top three now because I've just heard it too much already and doesn't feel new, but will crawl back up when I'm used to the rest too. Very very good solos imho.

Bodom Blue Moon

Yes, I get everybody was expecting a FTR type song and that's not exactly what came out of it, but I think it's a very strong song, lots of keys and melodies and the "heavy" parts are pretty cool. May seem a bit too repetitive for some people, but I still find it pretty darn enjoyable. Solos could have been more impressive though.

Your Days Are Numbered

It was my favourite song of the album by a country mile, that's until a later song came up. Still top 2-3. Absolutely love the vocals and the angryness in this song. Very very strong start, one of the best chorus they've done at least to me, great solos and an even stronger ending.

Dead Man's Hand On You

Hipocrisy and Peter are written all over the start of the song, but it gets better as it progresses. My least favourite song on the album though, nothing that really sticks out besides it being ultraslow, but then again this is a very strong album. Lyrics are pretty cool though.

Damaged Beyond Repair

Heaviest song of the album by far, and it makes it sound sort of "off", but I still like the chorus, the fact that it includes one of Alexi's trademark growls which I came to miss on some of the last albums, and the solos are pretty cool.

All Twisted

As I said, Your Days Are Numbered was my favourite song, that was until All Twisted came along. I absolutely love this song, again I'll need to let it "cool down", but as of right now it's my favourite song, not from this album, but from all time, I love it. Great chorus, amazing melodies and pretty darn good solos. Strong from start to finish, can't say enough goood about it.

One Bottle And A Kneep Deep

I was sort of expecting a "Roadkill Morning Pt.2" (translation a filler song), I was pleasantly surprised. Not very melodic, but still with a pretty cool vibe, and nice of Alexi to "restablish the Bodom balance" with a second one on this album after none on the last so to speak. Solos could be amongst my favourites from the album, and that helps too. Simple but fit great and sound even better.

Sleeping In My Car

First of all, LOL Roope! Once we're over that, one of the better covers they've done, and they've done some great ones. Amazing group shouts and great transition from Roope's hilariousness to the solo section, which again is pretty cool. Very strong cover. I've heard one of the others and it's not half as good imho.

Overall great sounding album as far as the instruments go and as far as the final mix, I'll give it some time, but I don't think it'll fall lower than 3rd best album in my books.

Now I can make the ranking of the new songs, it has been a week alredy.

1) Scream for Silence: Totally in love with all the melodies, they're fuelled with nostalgic HCDR era, one of my favourites era.

2) Damage Beyond Repair: It has a lot of the good AYDY? vibe and I fucking love the brutality. Love the chorus and the drum work.

3) All Twisted: It's super catchy, has good drums and keys and that move-your-bones guitars at the mid are great.

4) Bodom Blue Moon: It was the 'grower' song. As everybody, I expected a more atmospheric song related to that cool title but anyways is a funny song with heavy guitars and that chorus is sick.

5) One Bottle and a Knee Deep: Fuck me, I'm in love with Jaska's work here. A very very good song, a good mix between Bodom After Midnight and Northpole Throwdown. Catchy chorus.

6) Dead Man's Hand on You: I needed time to realize that is a very good song, but I prefer EID and AKD as the slow songs. Good keys and I personally love the first vocals.

7) Waste of Skin: I love all the instruments in this but I don't know why but I see it as a weird song. That heroic intro seemed like old Bodom but then gets weird. A really winter song.

8) The Days Are Numbered: I didn't like it at first, then I loved it and now I can put any higher. Has cool moments but it's not a great song.

9) Transference: It's a great song but I listened to it a lot, there's nothing new on it now but it's a 9/10 song.

10) Halo of Blood: Just because it was the most listened back in the day. I need time to welcome it to the family.

It's not a proper track-by-track review but I'm fucking tired, maybe this weekend I'll write some more shit.

Those eager to hear the songs, Radio Rock plays the whole album tonight at midnight (Finnish time). Sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere else/before. Just heard about this today while listening to radio.

Cool design, also that Alexi is not in the Middle in one Picture :D
bandphoto2.png