Concerts - 2006

well are disssection worth to see? their last album was hmhm...
I just found out mastodon will come to munich next month...great news

but what do you have against As I lay dying? they are a great band, play hard and good music, I like them, one of the non whimpy bands in the metalcore genre

solefald said:
well are disssection worth to see? their last album was hmhm...
I just found out mastodon will come to munich next month...great news

but what do you have against As I lay dying? they are a great band, play hard and good music, I like them, one of the non whimpy bands in the metalcore genre

I don't know if Dissection are worth to see, this will be my first time seeing them. But since it's their last show in North America ever, and that Unexpect band opens for them, well then it's worth to see :D

The Pohoda festival is gone, and it was uneXpectedly great (I didnt know what to think when I first saw the line-up)! Besides great performances from Czech and Slovak artists and bands whom youve no idea of, the top gigs for me were Zero 7 from UK, Bajofondo Tangoclub from Argentina and Babylon Circus from France. Zero 7 and Bajofondo were absolutely amazing, although both concerts were accompanied by problems (Zero 7 had problems with power failures and the sound check of Bajofondo was impossibly long). The people in both bands were absolutely friendly, and the audience fully returned the energy they were giving. Excellent! :)

Oh, I almost forgot, Stereo MCs and Värttinä were amazing as well! :)

Just got back from seeing the 'Motor City Madman' aka Ted Nugent great show about two hours of Uncle Ted playing brutal, hard hitting American rock and roll. This is the 4 or 5 x for me seeing Ted, he has been playing for decades and I've been attending concerts for decades so I'm not sure how many times we've got together? This concert cleared out some of those black/death metal cobwebs in my head.

Next up is a Blues fest this weekend the bands/acts I interested in hearing are
John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers
Leon Russell
The Yardbirds, I wonder if Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page or Jeff Beck will be playing with the Yardbirds? All three were in the band at one time or another.
Much history of music with these three acts but probably pretty much an unknown on this forum.

Speaking of fests, there is an Italian Festival here in my home town this weekend. Music, food and good times. I may check it out friday? Its one of the biggest Italian fests in this part of the world, usually about 250000 friends of Italy come to this party. A couple of years ago as part of the entertainment was a Rat Pack tribute group, it was a laugh riot.

I've always wanted to check out Australia, wonder how many shows DT will play down under?
Maybe I could get that someone special to accompany me to land of the Aussies as my guest?

NP: Ted Nugent - hey baby :headbang:

La Rocque said:
The Yardbirds, I wonder if Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page or Jeff Beck will be playing with the Yardbirds? All three were in the band at one time or another.
Much history of music with these three acts but probably pretty much an unknown on this forum.

:

Yeah, I know Jeff Beck :headbang: , but I never knew he played with Clapton nor Jimmi Page.

Took a trip to see Emperor last week. Great show, but the downside is I got in a shitload of trouble for it. Hopefully I'll be able to go to more shows soon. Definitely won't be seeing Deceased and Soulless tonight like I had planned!

DARK TRANQUILLITY IN MELBOURNE ON SEPTEMBER 19th!!!! AND WITH ANY LUCK IN ADELAIDE ON SEPTEMBER 16th!!!

Also comin up, Kreator (twice), Cannibal Corpse, Black Label Society, and Gorgasm (but i think thats early next year).

This year already seen:

Opeth twice
Haunted/Exodus
Behemoth
Nile

Think thats around about it, not a bad haul considering down here gets next to fuck all!
\m/

GIGANTOUR 2006
Megadeth
Lamb of God
Opeth
Arch Enemy
Overkill
Into Eternity
Sanctity
the Smashup

I posted a different lineup for this tour, this is the correct and official lineup.
I'll probably see this tour a few times :D

@LBRH: Beck replaced Clapton, then Page came in. So Beck and Page were in the Yardbirds together.

Last night: Nebukadnezza, Awoken, First Blood and Agnostic Front.

1. I'm getting old. I was scared by the violence in the mosh pit (is it just me or did the standard slam-dancing technique morph into a terrifying routine of madly punching and kicking the air and everyone in your proximity?). Moreover, I was annoyed by the excessive heat, offended by the fact that two of my three pints were warm bordering on boiled, and I felt I was pretty alienated from the crowd.

2. Everyone plays thrash metal in the HC scene these days, no matter how they choose to label themselves. Nebukadnezza were okay, if you like these kind of things; Awoken were seriously better, mainly because the singer and all the rest of the band show so much enthusiasm and dedication onstage that even if the songs don't move you then the atmosphere will. First Blood, although hugely popular, are run-of-the-mill fake tough-guy hardcore from California, and even if they have a couple of good songs here and there they didn't impress me.

3. Believe it or not, I did not stay for AF. Partly that's because I had already seen them, and I managed to get a glimpse at the unappealing setlist before they started. But the real reason is really to be found sub (1): having concluded that I've become a proper wimp when it comes to hardcore pits, and being fairly worried about being on time for today's lectures, I concluded that I wouldn't have had any real fun and just went home.

I'm giving a try at some all-dayer of new local bands on Saturday, but I am almost inclined to think that my gig-going days are over, in a sense. I would of course happily make exceptions for some favorites that I've never seen live, and Manowar is the first in the category; but really, it's just frustrating to get into an excessively crowded club only to discover that 5 years ago I didn't notice it was excessively crowded. :(

Next concerts: Maybe System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold next week. Not sure yet.
Celtic Frost sept 16th
Stratovarius sept 29th
Iron Maiden Oct 10th
Soilwork Oct 11th
Helloween Oct 13rd
Testament Oct 14th
Moonspell /Katatonia Oct 23rd I won't go I am so sad, as I am going for a trip to the south under the suuuun that week! :(
Martyr and Augury, Nov 11st
Fear Factory, Suffocation, Hypocrisy, Nov 13rd
Kataklysm, Necronomicon, Atheretic, Profugus Mortis, Dec 9th
Cryptopsy, Skinledd, Rostrum, and Neuraxis January 6th

I'll have a busy fall ! But from here to september, nothing much :( I miss going to concerts !

After 5 weeks of extreme heat, the weather has seen fit to be done with summer for this year, 3 days before Wacken that is, of course.
I hope everyone's packed a pair of army boots and an inflatable boat. Tickets for the ferry from Itzehoe to Wacken are already sold out.
Cheers

/E Ive been to Wacken 4 times and we've had heavy rain twice.. 3 out 5 is just fucking unbelievable

wacken.jpg

Let's not kid ourselves, that's the situation we're facing!

Right now I plan on seeing the Gigantour06 concert at the nassau coliseum on sept. 28 and I just found out that Tool is heading to the coliseum on Oct. 7 and i'm gonna get tickets for that, it's goin to be great. Anything else coming out?