Concerts - 2006

^Lucky! I doubt I'll be able to see them when they make their way around to the US.

Hehe, theres a small festival only 25km from my town taking place on June 30 - July 2. Korn were supposed to be the headliners, but as you probably know Davis got sick from all the touring, and they went home. So the organisers found a replacement - Cradle of Filth! :lol: You should see all those korn-kiddies crying on the festivals forum, they want Korn or their money back... So Ill go a have a hell of fun on the CoF gig! :)

marduk1507 said:
http://www.brutalassault.cz/

A little update on what you are going to miss. :D
*still envious*

marduk1507 said:
Hehe, theres a small festival only 25km from my town taking place on June 30 - July 2. Korn were supposed to be the headliners, but as you probably know Davis got sick from all the touring, and they went home. So the organisers found a replacement - Cradle of Filth! :lol: You should see all those korn-kiddies crying on the festivals forum, they want Korn or their money back... So Ill go a have a hell of fun on the CoF gig! :)
There really isn't much difference between those two bands these days -- and even less difference between their fans, heh.

Impudent said:
I'm going to see Emperor on July 13th.
I'm coming up to NYC for the show on the 14th. But I'm actually more excited to see Daylight Dies again.

Impudent said:
^Lucky! I doubt I'll be able to see them when they make their way around to the US.

Give it a try, you'll be blown away! It was amazing! So daaamn good! Words can't explain.
And how about the finale - He smashed his Gibson flying V on stage, while the entire stage exploded with fireworks. Then he stagedived and stayed in the crowd like half an hour, signing stuff and taking pics with the fans.
I get goosebumps just thinking of it! :)

Just got back from Cradles gig. The whole place was muddy as fuck, because of the heavy rain this afternoon. The gig was awesome, although they played only for an hour (wtf?). The pieces from Vempire (Ebony..., Forest...) and Dusk (Heaven Torn Asunder) were the climax, but overall it was great. The end was a bit weird though, they just played From Cradle to Enslave and were gone, no thank you, nothing. Ill have a word with the organisers about it, their usual setlist is a quarter of an hour longer (they were supposed to play Nocturnal Supremacy and Thirteen Autumns... etc.). After the gig my feet were two chunks of mud, so we cleaned our shoes and went home.

Going to see Slayer, Mastodon, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God tomorrow in Montreal!
I'm so impatient!

Yay!

Well, another attempt to see an old blast from the past oldies band has been shot down again. :erk: Three Dog Night was scheduled to play the Ribfest in Naperville last night. I'd been considering this show since I found out about it but didn't gather the latest details until the last minute, ie, yesterday, a couple hours before the show (as usual). Found out before leaving that TDN had to cancel, but that BS&T (Blood Sweat and Tears) were going to fill the spot. Oh hell yeah, they're a worthy replacement. Great! Well, I guess that's what a lot of other people thought because when I passed by the Ribfest grounds it swarming with throngs of holiday revellers. The entry gate lines looked like they stretched from here to next weekend. Pffff.

Nothing else is "planned" at the moment, but TOOL are supposed to be back sometime this fall. That should be good if I can get my hands on a ticket. I don't care if it's up in the nosebleed section as long as I'm there. I don't have a lot of jewelry to rattle so my presence up close would be negligible. =)

Slayer was great !
And I was with some members of Unexpect ( I say that to make one person in particular jealous hihi ). They also gave me their upcoming album, isn't that great ? :D

crap i wish i could see Emperor.. too bad i live on the wrong side of the ocean.
i'll definately see Nevermore this autumn, probably also Vader.