Concerts - 2006

yesterday i saw Apocalyptica and they were great :) I was really impressed with their stage performance because i expected bunch of guys playing and pretty much sitting but that wasn't nearly the case. Three of them were constanly doing stuff but the fourth one was just sitting like a dead man.
Finally i can say something in this thread :)

i'm going to hellfest ( the new version of the fury fest) on 24,25,26 th june and you should go too : Arch enemy, Opeth, Obituary, Hatesphere, Gojira, Helloween, Danko Jones... and it's also important to come to support the team who organizes everything because they are volunteer and such festival are very rare in france!

oh, marduk, btw, the therapy? concert wasn't all too great, they played a couple of nice songs (knives was introduced as beautiful by james blunt), but i had the notion that the guys were a little worn out. and the initial band (the go faster nuns) was plainly horrible.

Hmm, that sucks. I read the review of their last album and it said it appears they are going back to a more melodic approach, positive, troublegummic, so to speak, hehe. Seems like all thats left of them is the work in the studio. But maybe they just had a bad night, who knows. Anyway, thanks!

Tonight I'm going to try to haul ass up to Cheeseland after work to catch the pop/rock sounds of The Turtles at a festival event in Waukeshau. Shortly after the end of that set, I'm going to head over to one of the other stages for the pop/rock/funk sounds of Sly and the Family Stone. Then on Sunday some Chicago pop/rock legends from the 60s will be there so I might do it all again on Sunday. =) On Saturday The Association will be there but they're the only ones I'd like to see that day and at $30/per daily entry fee I might pass on that one and hope they show up somewhere else closer to home this summer. ;)

Depeche Mode were totally amazing yesterday. It was their first show in Slovakia and more than 30,000 people showed up, great atmosphere! The crowd was making mexican waves, because DM were a bit late to start, so we had our own fun! It was goose-bumpy. I was very far from the stage so I enjoyed all those screens showing whats going on, and all the lights and stuff. The sound was crystal clear. They played three songs from the new one, two from Gores solo thing, and then all those great hits of theirs, like walking in my shoes, in your room, i feel you from SOFAD (totally awesome), personal jesus, world in my eyes from Violator, enjoy the silence, never let me down from the Masses, then a question of time, some old song (the 1st they recorded, Dave said), and lots more. A great great show.

Sunshine and Sisters of Mercy were great, too.

Rotting Christ were amazing! They played stuff from all their records, two from Non Serviam, two from Triarchy, Dead Poem and Khronos and more from Genesis and Sanctus Diavolos. It was a club show but the atmosphere was great, the 4 support bands did a great job, too.