Concerts - 2006

I've got pit tickets for Iron Maiden for Philadelphia date (Sat Oct 7th). Pit was sold out in about 7 minutes (I've been in line on Ticketmaster for good 5 minutes, which was a HUGE surprise to me :D).

I guess times around my 25th will be intense (I have a 2.5-week concert/travelling period in mid-fall).

Awesome!

//does human body have two livers or just one? Or that's two kidneys? I'm from Chernobyl, you see...

Kovenant84 said:
Plintus, I'm gonna hunt your ass down and kill ya. Why am I finding out through my email alerts from TicketBastard about Gigantour, and not from you here?

For shame.

By the way, you going?

Hm, I thought you knew :p I saw banners all over Ticketmaster the other day. We probably are, but I think for some local date.

Impudent said:
Venom got cancelled. :cry:

Is it? It was pushed till September some time ago, got to check...

Well, postponed then I guess. I'm still mad because I was looking forward to seeing them Friday.

W.A.S.P. 16/10/06 Monday - Croatia - Maribor - Stuck

Wasp in my hometown huraa... although I didn't know I live in Croatia. Idiots get the names most of the time wrong, but to confuse countries is retarded. Like, I'm going to se Dark tranquility in Gothenbourgh, Norway has such great metal bands.:Smug:

Been to a 3day festival 40kms from my hometown. It was great. Iggy Pop, Living Colour (with Doug Pinnick from Kings X on vocals, hey!), The Presidents of the USA, IAMX, The Exploited beat the shit out of us. But there was one special gig I will remain thankful for for a long time - Jaga Jazzist. 10 people on a small stage, 70 minutes of music orgasm. Norway slays.

This tuesday, Sonic Youth

next weekend, Steelers Kickoff Festival:
Grand Funk Railroad and the Outlaws
the price is right, its free

TOOL 2006
Tool is about the only group that my two brothers and myself agree
that's right there are 2 others just like me out here/there,
so we'll be at these Tool Shows
9/21 Columbus, OH
9/25 Cleveland, OH
9/26 Pittsburgh, PA
I wanted to start out in IL on 9/18 but ...

Just got back from Family Values Tour, these are the bands that played:
Korn, The Deftones, Stone Sour, Flyleaf, Dir En Grey, Deadsy, Walls of Jericho, Bury Your Dead, Direngrey, Bullets and Octane, 10 Years
To tell the truth I only know the music of Korn and the Deftones, going was a spur of the moment thing, nothing going on, beautiful day and its a short drive from my place.
The Family Values Tour of 1998 was the first time I saw Rammstein live (3x on that tour), so many fond memories, I have an interesting(?) story about the last stop of the 1998 FV tour in Fairfax, VA but I only tell it on Oct.31, look for it then.

And now for something completely different:
This years FV tour was at the Post Gazette Pavilion(near Pittsburgh), I've been there so many times I've lost count. But this is about a concert there I did not attend. It was the Grateful Dead. At the time I lived and worked in Pittsburgh, a colleague needed a ride so on the way into 'the burg' went past the PG Pavilion. Thank God we were going in the opposite direction of the concert goers. Total grid lock, the venue holds about 30000 and with the Grateful Dead appearing probably another 10000 flower children were just hanging out around the place with no chance of getting in.
So as we are driving down the highway, see several women holding up signs reading:
"pussy 4 tickets" -

I have only seen the BDO 06 that was in january and it wasn't that great (band wise)
and I saw Korn in May which was terrible (the worst venue).

This year hasn't been great for bands here... U2 is comming in like november but they sold out in like 2 hours.

Back from my first Blind Guardian-gig in munich.
the venue was in the middle of the Kunstfabrik, an ancient industrial area full of bars and clubs like kalinka(russian music) and natraj temple(goa techno shit) so I never go there. today it was invaded by 2000people wearing blindguardian shirts. I never was in a gig where nearly each second had a shirt of the headliner:D
astral doors, the opener was shit. total bullshit, the singer was some kind of bastard between ozzy and dio. I dont know why bands like them exist...
anyway BG rocked, everyone was singing,great atmosphere! they played about 2 hours, which band is doing this these days?
setlist about in this order:
into the storm
valhalla
nightfall
lord of the rings
fly
born in a mourning hall
bright eyes
time stands still
lost in the twillight hall
this will never end
and the story ends
And then there was silenceo_O
another stranger me
bard song
imaginations from the other side
mirror mirror:headbang:

Blind Guardian are a bunch of losers. Always too good for Finland apparently. :(
Saw Nevermore last night. Awesome. They played 2 hours.

I missed the first 4 songs because the train was 30 minutes late. But yeah lucky me, came to see the last of Next In Line. Amonst others, heard were songs such as The River Dragon Has Come, I Am The Dog, Inside Four Walls (ownage), The Learning followed by Sentient 6 ('kin ownage) and Politics of Ecstasy (which while perhaps not the best song for this audience, was a blast for me). The played the title track from Dreaming Neon Black, but Warrel blacked out as far as the lyrics go around the second verse...humorous, but would've wanted to hear the whole song. Of course they also played This Godless Endeavor and Born.
I missed My Acid Words, which sucks monkey balls. Besides that I missed, I think, Final Product and two songs from the self-titled.
Somewhere in there came Enemies of Reality, Ambivalent, Never Purify and Narcosynthesis (last song), awesome too. Guess that's pretty much the setlist, I just didn't feel like listing them in order for whatever reason.
I'm becoming more fond of pits I guess...or at least something resembling a pit was going on during Born and it was a blast.

Didn't sleep last night due to not having nearly any money and being too much of a cheapskate to get a hotel room. Only thing I learned last night is that I'm never going to McDonald's again, not even if there's nowhere else to go.

Maj Karma next Saturday.

I'm going to see Celtic Frost, Dream Death, Sahg, and 1349 on the 19th.

solefald said:
Back from my first Blind Guardian-gig in munich.
the venue was in the middle of the Kunstfabrik, an ancient industrial area full of bars and clubs like kalinka(russian music) and natraj temple(goa techno shit) so I never go there. today it was invaded by 2000people wearing blindguardian shirts. I never was in a gig where nearly each second had a shirt of the headliner:D
astral doors, the opener was shit. total bullshit, the singer was some kind of bastard between ozzy and dio. I dont know why bands like them exist...
anyway BG rocked, everyone was singing,great atmosphere! they played about 2 hours, which band is doing this these days?
setlist about in this order:
into the storm
valhalla
nightfall
lord of the rings
fly
born in a mourning hall
bright eyes
time stands still
lost in the twillight hall
this will never end
and the story ends
And then there was silenceo_O
another stranger me
bard song
imaginations from the other side
mirror mirror:headbang:

w00t, thanks! :) They are playing with Leaves Eyes (or whatever that spelled) in December, and it's supposed to be a super venue here - a former theatre (sound and acoustic are YEAH!!!).

:D

Uprise and Gadget were awesome. Uprise is a band of the former members of Contrastic, but they dont continue with mixing grind core and electronics, this is just pure fucking grinding massacre. They had excellent sound and even though they only played 8 songs (they dont have more yet), I think they were better than Gadget, who made the mistake all headliners make, and that is they wanted to be so fucking loud, louder than the support of course. This resulted in a huge ball of noise, which actually spoiled the experience for everybody except 3 drunk moshers (2 of them being my friends, which was even worse), who were jumping around, bumping into people etc. So, a real no no, you see a band playing, dont hear a thing and 3 drunk assholes bump to you all the time. Gadgets music is based on the drums and those typical Nasumesque riffs, so you have to be really careful with the sound to make these elements heard. Otherwise all you get is noise. But overall, a great show, and a great chat with the guys before and after the show, they are really cool people (they remembered us from the Brutal Assault in 2005, Emil, the singer, even said he must take a photo with me, because he had one with me from BA, which was awesome).