Concerts - 2006

Well, i would have to agree with you on Gigantour being amazing. I went to it on Sep. 15th, the only thing i didn't like about it was how limited and small Arch Enemy's set was. They only played like 4 songs. Although, Opeth, and Lamb Of God sure made up for that. Was one of the best shows i have been to this year.

On Nov 4th im going to see Gwar, and The Red Chord. Nov 16th i get to see Arsis, All Shall Perish, and The Faceless. Saw Arsis about a month ago, and what can i say they play an amazing show. Whoever hasn't heard of em, your missing out on one of the best Melodic Death Metal bands there is. The funny thing is there is only two people in the band. (Which are really cool guys, hung out with em a little before the show.)

Hopefully alot more come back here, although we don't get the best concerts in Salt Lake. I still haven't gotten to see Dark Tranquillity live, they are on of my favorite bands. Looks like they just don't come to Utah. =\

Lamb of God was amazing ! Arch Enemy too. They played approximately 40 minutes... 5 or 6 songs I guess. Opeth did 4 songs (10-12 minutes each... hehe). Megadeth was really good too ! I arrived when Overkill finished their set so... didn't see the other bands! Better show than last year! Thank you Dave Mustaine :) Lol !

KitKat said:
Lamb of God was amazing ! Arch Enemy too. They played approximately 40 minutes... 5 or 6 songs I guess. Opeth did 4 songs (10-12 minutes each... hehe). Megadeth was really good too ! I arrived when Overkill finished their set so... didn't see the other bands! Better show than last year! Thank you Dave Mustaine :) Lol !

Arch Enemy played:
Nemesis
Dead Eyes See no Future
Dead Bury Their Dead
We Will Rise
Ravenous
I'm A Legend/Out For Blood

Opeth played:
Ghost of Perdition
The Leper Affinity
Windowpane
Deliverance

About the other bands well, I'm not familiar with their discographies so I couldn't name any songs except that Megadeth did À Tout le Monde and Lamb of God did Now You've Got Something To Die For I think...

Anywho the show was awesome and hopefully next year's lineup will be as good as this year's.

eRraZib_ENo said:
Arch Enemy played:
Nemesis
Dead Eyes See no Future
Dead Bury Their Dead
We Will Rise
Ravenous
I'm A Legend/Out For Blood

Opeth played:
Ghost of Perdition
The Leper Affinity
Windowpane
Deliverance

I'll be hearing these songs tomorrow night. Gonna be total pwnage!!! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

TOOL :worship: great music and an unbelievable light show, best concert I've seen in years

KitKat said:
Unexpect concert yesterday: amazing. Period.
The crowd was great !

I concur. Great show, memorable performance and my neck can hardly turn right or left and I'm not even dreaming about leaning forward... But, I had one real good time. :kickass:

Been watching Mustaine yesternight from the first row :) Was pretty cool.

He was wearing the same jeans I have :heh:

plintus said:
Been watching Mustaine yesternight from the first row :) Was pretty cool.

He was wearing the same jeans I have :heh:

Oh so you went to the Gigantour !!! Glad you liked it! :) First row... wow ! :headbang:

KitKat said:
Oh so you went to the Gigantour !!! Glad you liked it! :) First row... wow ! :headbang:

We got there at 6 or so, Arch Enemy were palying, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!

So I went in and crodsurfed right away :heh:

LoG's guitarist got some temper - was pissed of at the guy in the crowd who was just standing in teh front row and was totally neutral and might have seemed bored, so teh fucker starts giving him finger and calling him up on stage, and he was fucking serious. I talked to the guy after, like, wtf was that? He said that he wasn't into LoG at all, was in for Megadeth, but he didn't boo them or anything, just was like holding his chin or whatever, and that pissed the guy off. His side of the story, whatever.

What's that song called, "Pathetic" or what? :heh:

plintus said:
We got there at 6 or so, Arch Enemy were palying, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!

So I went in and crodsurfed right away :heh:

LoG's guitarist got some temper - was pissed of at the guy in the crowd who was just standing in teh front row and was totally neutral and might have seemed bored, so teh fucker starts giving him finger and calling him up on stage, and he was fucking serious. I talked to the guy after, like, wtf was that? He said that he wasn't into LoG at all, was in for Megadeth, but he didn't boo them or anything, just was like holding his chin or whatever, and that pissed the guy off. His side of the story, whatever.

What's that song called, "Pathetic" or what? :heh:

Yeah the song Pathetic is SO fucking loud and good! :D:D:D I really really liked Lamb of God's set. ...
The guitarist is quite pathetic though, hihihihi... Not everyone should like what they do, they were not headlining so...

plintus said:

To quote another guitarist from the Gigantour:
"I'd bitchslap any outsider trying to interfere with our vibes!" -Mikael Åkerfeldt

dada said:
To quote another guitarist from the Gigantour:
"I'd bitchslap any outsider trying to interfere with our vibes!" -Mikael Åkerfeldt

I'm sure the guy wasn't interfering with "teh vibes" - I was next to him :heh:

:cry: I need someone to do a favour for me.

I just noticed that Finntroll AND Sodom play. Together. In Holland. In Amsterdam. On 26.12.06.

:headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

But that's not fucking all.

The Gathering will be in Holland. In Tilburg. On 27.12.06

I.CANNOT.MISS.THIS. IT. IS ONE. CHANCE.IN A LIFETIME.!.!.!.

MUST...GET...TICKETS!!!

I...NEED...HELP!!!

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
The Gathering will be in Holland. In Tilburg. On 27.12.06

Lucky you! The Gathering is so good live. I've seen them last March in Montreal (/w Unexpect by the way ;) ) and it was awesome!

@marduk: Have a great time to Satyricon gig ! :headbang:

For myself, I am going to Evanescence (I know I know...!!) concert tomorrow and Trivium sunday... (I hate their new album... ewwww) but whatever. I'll be there for the opening band anyway ;) (Protest the Hero !!!!!!!!!!)