Concerts - 2006

UndoControl said:
If december still counts as 2006.
December is the 12 month in the year. The final month. I have a feeling you're confusing the Newyear, being jan 01 with christmas. Yes, december is in 2006... this year anyway. Next year it'll be 2007.

debating whether or not to go to a suicide silence/abigail williams gig... but Emos playing black and death metal doesn't appeal to me at all.

Other than that recently I missed Omnium Gatherum. Still looking forward to Amon Amarth.

Gav said:
December is the 12 month in the year. The final month. I have a feeling you're confusing the Newyear, being jan 01 with christmas. Yes, december is in 2006... this year anyway. Next year it'll be 2007.
Ah. I thought december was already considered the next year because it's winter. :Spin:

Seriously, though, why january? Did they decide one day that they needed to keep track of the days and chose an arbitrary day as january 1? I mean, Jesus was supposedly born on december 24, and winter is supposed to start on december 21 or whenever, and spring is supposed to start on march 21, and there are many other "important" dates, but nothing has ever happened on january 1 (except tons of newyear parties and stupid superstitious beliefs about the world ending that day several years ago)... so why january 1?

Gav said:
debating whether or not to go to a suicide silence/abigail williams gig... but Emos playing black and death metal doesn't appeal to me at all.
Abigail Williams is alright. I'd go if the ticket were cheap. How expensive is it?

It's £10... Which is £10 too much for a bunch of guys playing metal for all the wrong reasons. Maybe I'm being a tad cynical but metal of their ilk has very little to do with fringes and tight tshirts... thats for the poseurs. Every other band playing on that day is the same aswell. Care more about looking good than sounding good.

KitKat said:
Lucky you! The Gathering is so good live. I've seen them last March in Montreal (/w Unexpect by the way ;) ) and it was awesome!

Hehe that certainly must have been one hell of a conert :headbang: :kickass: :worship: :headbang: .

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, now I just have to negotiate trip plans with my sister, but I will definetly not miss this chance.

:headbang: Hell yeah... *thinks of the concerts in Holland, beer and pot and ejaculates*

:kickass: :Smokin: :headbang: I will do all that hehe.

UndoControl said:
Ah. I thought december was already considered the next year because it's winter. :Spin:

Seriously, though, why january? Did they decide one day that they needed to keep track of the days and chose an arbitrary day as january 1? I mean, Jesus was supposedly born on december 24, and winter is supposed to start on december 21 or whenever, and spring is supposed to start on march 21, and there are many other "important" dates, but nothing has ever happened on january 1 (except tons of newyear parties and stupid superstitious beliefs about the world ending that day several years ago)... so why january 1?

And why the fuck not? Youll argue about anything, wont you?

UndoControl said:
there are many other "important" dates, but nothing has ever happened on january 1 ... so why january 1?
A lot of things about the calendar are very arbitrary, like why are there 7 days to a week, or why are there 24 hours to a day, 60 minutes to an hour or 60 seconds to a minute?
It was probably invented because someone needed a certain fix point. It's like Microsoft, it doesnt make sense, no one wanted it and no one knows how it got there.. but we still have to deal with it

Did I mention here, that lostprophets and Beatallica are on the same day here? Well, it sucks. For me.

Iron Maiden tomorrow (playing entire new album and some classics).

Gav: Oh, well, i probably wouldn't pay £10 for Abigail Williams either.

Marek: No, i was just asking a question. The concept of 'argument' didn't even cross my mind.

Judith: So much for anti-paganism... ;)

Tali: I heard that there were seven days in a week because 7 is God's number and whatnot (and/or because "God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh day", which is the reason nobody works on sundays). As for the time numbers, the version i heard was that 60 and 24 are very useful numbers for dividing time (24's divisors are 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 12; and 60's divisors are 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20 and 30).

Tali said:
It's like Microsoft, it doesnt make sense, no one wanted it and no one knows how it got there.. but we still have to deal with it
:lol: Agreed.

I heard the thing with the divisors were why they chose 360° to a compass. As for the 7 days that it took God to make the earth, if anything it was vice versy, but mostly I think the 7 was used as a symbol for "many". You know, as in the fairy tale of the 7 miles boots.

Apparently In the original transcripts for the bible the word that was translated as "days" more approximately translates as "Ages" and also it was 'days' in a plural sense anyway. So god infact made the earth in 7 lots of many days... or more appropriately, 7 ages... being an undetermined long amount of time... like 40 years or something. The original Jews would have known this and so I don't think they'd have neccesarily based it on genesis.

That's assuming jews did choose it... The egyptians might have chosen it.

Yesterday, Evanescence.
They did a really good job. Amy Lee sang perfectly, no bad note.
But why the fuck are they playing only one hour? (encore included)...
They have two albums now, they don't have any excuse of " We don't have enough songs" ....
I thought one hour was short and cheap. Finally I was glad to go home early :D Hahahaha

KitKat said:
Yesterday, Evanescence.
They did a really good job. Amy Lee sang perfectly, no bad note.
But why the fuck are they playing only one hour? (encore included)...
They have two albums now, they don't have any excuse of " We don't have enough songs" ....
I thought one hour was short and cheap. Finally I was glad to go home early :D Hahahaha

I guess she doesn't want to kill her voice or something =/

King Chaos said:
Apparently In the original transcripts for the bible the word that was translated as "days" more approximately translates as "Ages" and also it was 'days' in a plural sense anyway. So god infact made the earth in 7 lots of many days... or more appropriately, 7 ages... being an undetermined long amount of time... like 40 years or something. The original Jews would have known this and so I don't think they'd have neccesarily based it on genesis.

That's assuming jews did choose it... The egyptians might have chosen it.

That's interesting :) .

@Kat: Oh well at least ye got to sleep more hehe.
Btw, who was the guy who you interviewd? Ye never told me :erk: .

We came back from Prague this morning at 6,30, I was dead tired, having driven there and back (approx. 666 kms, no, really, the route planner said something like 332kms there).

Insomnium were the first to start, they played for about 30 minutes, from all albums, judging from the words of the frontman. Their music reminds me of the goods sides of DT, its a bit slowish though and not really original (besides DT they sound like several bands from Scandinavia). But on the whole, a really good starter, the sound was very good. Then came Keep of Kalessin. I was really looking forward to them, because Armada slays. The show was great, but the guitarist should buy a new amp real soon, he sounded like shit, and as he was the only guitarist, it wasnt really pleasant. However, the sound guy managed to balance the instruments pretty soon, so it was ok. The drummer was crazy, great performance. Hearing black metal live is a bit tricky though, you need really clear sound, because if you dont know the songs well, you tend to get lost in all that noise. Satyricon were the headliners, they played for more than 90 minutes, 2 encores. The new album is excellent, but hearing the songs live was pure perfection. They played songs from all albums, Supersonic Journey was my personal peak moment. Frost had some problems with his back or shoulder, was given 2 quick massages between the songs, and finished the show giving it all he could. Satyr is an excellent frontman, keeping contact with the audience during the whole show, trying to get the people on the balcony more into the concert (the pit was boiling, so there was no need to stir those guys). Fortunately, they had two guitars, because one of them was the guitarist from Keep of Kalessin, and again his guitar sounded shitty. The other guitarist had a great sound, so all was well. Although it was quite far, it was worth it, a great show!

@marduk: Where's the quote in your signature from? A Discworld book I'm not remembering reading? And is "sucking pigs" correct? "Suckling" seem to fit better, but maybe it's just me.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
That's interesting :) .

@Kat: Oh well at least ye got to sleep more hehe.
Btw, who was the guy who you interviewd? Ye never told me :erk: .
Who? When?...