Concerts - 2006

I saw PL last year and they weren't that great live, maybe because I had a fever, maybe because they hardly played their good old material. However, they've never played in my city before AND their newest cd is amazing, so I have high hopes :)

Teddeh^ said:
^
:( Oof unlucky dude... at the mo the thing for me is whether my (student) budget allows for me to see all the bands I like. My stomach may have to go wanting for a few months :bah:

You shouldn't be calling me 'dude', or i'll be calling you 'missy' :p

@UndoControl: I've heard that there's spyware on LimeWire? Therefor I use Soulseek...

just back from my Nightrage-gig
I just watched them and left the hall because of my math exam tomorrow(and if Im honest I dont care for Malevolent Creation and I aint no big Bolthrower fan)
anyway Nighrage were good, the new singer johnny screams a little bit higher than Tomas Lindberg but did a good job. songs:
Being Nothing
Drug(I think)
release
reality vs truth
elusive emotion
frozen
the tremor
(perhaps 1 song mor, dont remember all songs)
frozen was really a highlight of the set, the backings(on record my mr.stanne) were sung by the 2 guitarists
great gig

Lethe: As far as i know, the only spyware on LimeWire is downloadable as the exact text you entered in the search field(s) and is always 134.4 Kb or something like that. And LimeWire 4.10 has a (quite primitive, might i add) "spam filter".

Also, is there a SoulSeek version for Mac?

fireangel said:
Delirious: It´s so nice that many people of the forum go to see the same bands on different tour stations, and not only for DT ;) I hope you will like it =) And on both playlists are at least half of the songs from each first album.

indeed. :)

and it turned out i have heard the latest btd album after all, since "the ghost" contrary to what i believed isn't out yet. i just wished they could've been booked to a better venue but there's not too much to do about that, really, so i'll just hope for the best (the last time i was there the sound was really bad)...

My 2006 Concert year began with the sold-out Anthrax show, Jan 13 @ HOB-Chicago.

Other show possibilities coming up soon include:

Jan 21: Heathen Crusade Metalfest (in MN) -OR- Marazene/The Infamous/Wet Animal/Smoke @ Metro-Chicago (haven't made a final decision yet, but I'm doing something that night)

Jan 30: Nile, et al, HOB-Chicago

Feb 12: In Flames, et al, HOB-Chicago

I might go see Evergrey on january 27, but i don't think so. More likely i'll see Helloween with a friend who's a fan on march 18. Maybe The Gathering on march 10.

There's a Screaming Headless Torsos concert taking place in february. Has anyone heard that band? Are they good? Should i go?

^
If it wasn't too pricy I'd go purely for the band's name :D Bah that just reminds me how disappointing ...The Trail of Dead's latest album is :bah:

Might see Cathedral and Electric Wizard on the 26th Feb

fireangel said:
so how was the sound there? And everything else? :D
And yes, the new album is not out yet, it will be in the end of march/beginning of april. Tuomas said last week that not even the promos are finished yet, so it´ll take a bit now.

better than i feared. way too "screechy" (partially my own fault since i forgot ear plugs), but considering it's quite a low budget place (mostly associated with punk and related) it was ok.

the audience, though... approximately 50 people or so, and almost half of them left before or during btd. not that they're huge bands or anything, but it being a friday and with ticket cost at 9-10 euros i did expect for a few more to show up. i did get a little "another day at work" feel, probably due to this (don't know whether because of the band getting less inspired or it just tends to be that way when the venue is half empty). not bad in any way, though, so i'm content. and sts finished with swallow, which is quite a masterpiece. plus the upcoming btd songs felt promising enough. :)

Teddeh: 280 pesos (more or less 26 usd). They're playing with Groove Collective or something like that, which sounds to me like a crappy all-girls techno-pop band (but, of course, i can't be sure, since i've never even heard of them).

Here's what I'll see up 'til now :
February 26 : Opeth + DT + The Devin Townsend
February 27 : DT + Soulforge + Insane + Symbolic

and if any of the following bands tour in Québec, I'll be there :
Arch Enemy
Primordial (I wish...)
Amon Amarth
Therion
Hypocrisy
Apocalyptica
Finntroll

They did tour québec last year. They were in Montréal in september and I was there....I just want to see them again because they're so good!

I am going to see:
Nine Inch Nails/Saul Williams - 03 06 London
In Flames/Sepultura
Emperor, Children of Bodom etc....Wacken, I hope
TOOL - I hope for europen tour this year
Placebo (not annonced yet)
Depeche Mode (again in Slovak Republic)

ddd.jpg

^Nice! At last, DT's name on tickets circulating in the US. :D I need something like that in my collection but I don't think it's going to happen this time around. :erk: