Does Reroute to Remain really appeal to fans of Linkin Park, Slipknot and Korn?

Bleak Eyes said:
I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but I didn't feel like reading through 5 pages of posts. Unfortunately, in the newest In Flames track, Watch Them Feed, Anders does in fact say, "All you fucks are in my way."

Well, at least I hope, that the new album is going to be a little more ... inovative than Watch Them Feed...

Well, at least I hope, that the new album is going to be a little more ... inovative than Watch Them Feed...
Yeah, me too. There are some parts that I really liked and some that I could have done without for an In Flames song. I really like the song though, but I hope it's not going to be the new direction of the band.

If it is the new direction it surely beats Reroute to Remain still. Who knows what they will do... Thats the thing about In Flames now, whatever they will do with a new sound will be a suprise, because... no one knows.

HeadCrusher said:
i have to admit that i disagree with you. korn was a lot better than anyone else (except metallica itself - hit the lights! yeah!).
FUCK limp bizkit or staind!
at least korn are doing their own thing and don't try to copy anybody!

uhh did we forget about that stupid my pals rapper doing a craptallica song???? how come no one played dyers eve or blackened??? and why did megadeth play?? dave was in the band and wrote about 8 songsfor them

ZyklonWorm said:
and why did megadeth play?? dave was in the band and wrote about 8 songsfor them

don't you mean: "why didn't megadeth play" ?
AFAIK dave parted ways with metallica in bad blood, so that might be the reason.
Another possibility: Didn't they split up because of some injury Dave has with his hands (so that he ain't able to play guitar)??

ZyklonWorm said:
uhh did we forget about that stupid my pals rapper doing a craptallica song???? how come no one played dyers eve or blackened??? and why did megadeth play?? dave was in the band and wrote about 8 songsfor them

don't you mean: "why didn't megadeth play" ?
AFAIK dave parted ways with metallica in bad blood, so that might be the reason.
Another possibility: Didn't they split up because of some injury Dave has with his hands (so that he ain't able to play guitar)??

Holy shit Steve, I just read this post for the first time and I gotta say that was VERY entertaining...I can understand some people thinking that the responses are stereotypical but as long as they're close to the truth it's cool.

Where Dead Angels Lie? VERY fuckin' nice. Punish My Heaven? VERY fuckin' nice. NICE!

No one played Blackened cause Metallica themselves played it :p

I still think Sum 41 where the best there... everything was good apart from the singing... bit too teeny for a metallica song... Korn where probably the worst, limp bizkit was.... not much comment i need to say, and staind was boring as fuck.

SpiritCrusherX said:
Holy shit Steve, I just read this post for the first time and I gotta say that was VERY entertaining...I can understand some people thinking that the responses are stereotypical but as long as they're close to the truth it's cool.

Where Dead Angels Lie? VERY fuckin' nice. Punish My Heaven? VERY fuckin' nice. NICE!

Thanks, this thread isn't getting many responses about that any more... I had the First mix of Where Dead Angels Lie from Death Is Just the Beginning IV, and that's excellent more than the album version... and of course, Punish My Heaven is one of my favorite songs os I had to play that... Once I go back to schoo lin September, I might do this some more, but some people might have heard tem in Freddy vs. Jason...

Incendiare said:
This thread is old skool.

I found a copy of a thread that was on the official In Flames board here (removed in October). THis thread was on the IF board in August or September...

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46944

That's the type of useless idiocy the board was filled with...
I believe my response was something along the lines of "skip everything except the part where you shoot yourself"

Now if I could just dig up the EZboard... I don't remember muich of it since I posted there 3 times maybe...

Steve

Reactions: Lies and Perfidy
Wow...I thought people like these were just caricatures. You don't expect to run into real human beings that stupid. I'm so sheltered from common stupidity here in SF.

I still think R2R sucks. Not because of any percieved "mainstream appeal," but because it's shitty music. That being said, this was a good way to disprove the accusations of selling out. And fuckin funny as well.

Oh, to the "There's no good music in America" dude - sorry, but you're stupid. Besides the bands already mentioned, how about THE WHOLE FUCKING BAY AREA & TRI-STATE EIGHTIES THRASH MOVEMENT?! The majority of those bands are still around and kicking ass. Jesus Christ.

I remember once I was at a used CD store browsing around looking at CDs when two baggy pants slipknot and Linkin Park shirt wearing guys walked in with their skate boards. They started looking at some stuff close to me, and they happened to be in the 'I' section. One of them pulls out 'The Tokyo Showdown' and says 'oh hey In Flames there cool.' The other one turns and says 'yeah there cool. How long they been around for?' The guy with the CD in his hands says 'just a few years I think. This is like their second release.'

Haha and there you go. Obviously they knew nothing about the bands history, but nowadays In Flames music does appeal to nu metalers I'm afraid to say. If anything blame the band for touring with shitty nu metal bands.

Well Steve, I found that very amusing. insanely hilarious especially that slayer kid. The very knowledge that he and people like him exist is a burden on my soul. Play some show no mercy to that slayer kid. :lol: It will make him cry. Either that, or it will destroy him and as I see it, both outcomes are favorable.