Doom Metal

Anyone know a site to directly listen or/and download songs or/and clips for doom metal? Cause that would work way better than recommendation threads.

I like really sad and depressed doom. To me this means My Dying Bride(The Angel And The Dark River, Turn Loose The Swans), Shape Of Despair(Angels Of Distress), and especially Funerals From These Wounds. God i love that album.

Anyway, i want to mention a few things here: I dislike the overuse of acoustic parts, and half-assed emotionality(for me i dont want doom to be warm and emo, i want it to be weeping as if it was the apocalypse)
Also i sometimes dont like the "dead" feel of bands like Esoteric and Catacombs, for an example. Im just a sucker for crying melancholy when it comes to doom(though other types of doom may be alright as well, but....)

Oh and i fucking hate it when doom metal suddenly gets "whoops, i guess we kinda slipped into gothic rock in the middle of the song then, eh?". Doom is not supposed to give the impression that its weak, its supposed to give the impression that youre weak.

No they dont. Because there is a difference between whiney-sad and ultimately sad, much like there is a difference between emo and black metal. Both portray certain non-positive imagery.

Or to say something more realistic....

Why do metalheads like depressive doom but not commercial goth metal/rock? Exactly.

Anyway, i want to mention a few things here: I dislike the overuse of acoustic parts, and half-assed emotionality(for me i dont want doom to be warm and emo, i want it to be weeping as if it was the apocalypse)
Listen to Puissance. They're not metal, although sometimes pigeonholed as metal. Crushing funereal and very authentic apocalyptic music. Mother of Disease, Back in Control and Total Cleansing are excellent albums.Introspective and very sorrowful at times, it's good music for meditation, contemplation.

Bethlehem-Dark Metal is also highly recommended.
Seems like a host of great recommendations has already been given. I definitely need to delve deeper into this genre.I feel like a complete noob for not doing so sooner.

Non-metal never ever gives me the kicks that metal does. Its like replacing whiskey with that windshield cleaning liquid.

:saint:

Non-metal never ever gives me the kicks that metal does. Its like replacing whiskey with that windshield cleaning liquid.

:saint:
Regardless, you may still want to check out Puissance. You might be pleasantly surprised. Only the albums I've mentioned. The debut is too amateurish and badly produced and everything after Total Cleansing is just a retread of past greatness.

I've been contemplating buying Acid Bath's When the Kite String Pops for a while because of rampant praise and good samples. Is it worth picking up?

I cant really say judging by your sig if you would like it but if you like the samples I would definetely consider it. It is essentially sludge, but it feels a lot like grindcore and tends to appeal to grind fans. I personally like Acid Bath quite a bit due to their softer sections which are a lot like a gothic nirvana. They are an interesting band for sure.

I cant really say judging by your sig if you would like it but if you like the samples I would definetely consider it. It is essentially sludge, but it feels a lot like grindcore and tends to appeal to grind fans. I personally like Acid Bath quite a bit due to their softer sections which are a lot like a gothic nirvana. They are an interesting band for sure.

I'm a grind fan and they hold zero appeal to me.