DT forum members picture page?

picture page yes or no

• yep, that's what i always wanted. finally, i can find sleep again.

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • nah, i don't wanna see all these ugly board people. it's already disturbing enough to just IMAGINE t

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
It is okay with me that Siren is not saying what she is studying...

There are aspects of my life I do not talk about either... much... :D

I know why she doesn´t want to tell...cause it´s related to this malakas stuff...

Thanatos (abusing the only greek word he knows).

P.S. ]I just sent my pic, in case anyone´s interested.

well I won't ask again since she does not want to tell!!!!

fathervic (trying to respect the bloody humanfish decision ;) )

@siren: men on this forum are big softies that get sad if somebody won't speak up about her studies. except for me: i actually get sad only when someone does. :)

@|ngenius: i wouldn't trust you an inch playing chess with yourself: knowing how naive and trustful you are, you will surely cheat so that you can win. or can't. whatever. ;)

@mel: just sweep men under the carpet, we won't notice the difference. :p

rahvin.

@FatherVic: So you plan to eat me? :cry: :)p)

@Thanatos: Nah, you know two greek words ;)
And being a 'malakas' is something that usually comes naturally (no pun intended) :p

That reminds me of this quote which I have mentioned a lot because people are always talking about clowns...

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad.

I like this quote too...
Sometimes when I feel like killing someone, I do a little trick to calm myself down. I'll go over to the persons house and ring the doorbell. When the person comes to the door, I'm gone, but you know what I've left on the porch? A jack-o-lantern with a knife stuck in the side of it's head with a note that says: 'You.' After that I usually feel a lot better, and no harm done.
The second seems like something I may actually try in the future. It would be fun... :)

Opinion Poll: What do you attribute the fear of clowns that people have too? Personal situations? Or is it just scary seeing something so happy so evil............:confused:

I believe it can be attributed to the movie "It", the clowns' freaky makeup, and their excessive, unnatural state of happiness.

That is just my opinion though... :)

Ok, I'm breaking my 444 thing now.... :bah:
I have to say I kept enough character though :D

I never liked clowns. I was always afraid of them.
I thought there was something wrong with me cause you are supposed to have fun and laugh with them, but I never did.
I don't know why they actually make people afraid. But I know that it's not because of the movie "IT". The fear is there for people who have no idea about the movie (eg kids and me that I only recently watched the movie). On the contrary, the movie "talks" about this fear or takes advantage of it.

One thing I feel I have to mention: I recently had the same talk with a friend of mine. He was the one to reveal to me that I was not the only one with this fear. He also revealed to me that you are not exactly supposed to have fun with clowns. They are mostly sorrowful beings (which explains the tears on their face) that try to make people laugh/happy through the bad things that happen to them. Ever since I feel sad for clowns and I sympathise (sp?) them a lot.

Good point.......now that I read that I do remember something bout clowns being sorrowful.........sad clowns..........they just make ya sadder.......evil clowns make you scared.........happy clowns make you angry..........drunk clowns make you laugh........thats my philosphy......:D

The movie you are talking about is one of these thriller-wannabes. Thrillers that don't fulfill their purpose. Well, it's supposed to be a thriller, u know, scarry and stuff, but it's so fuckin ridiculous. Everything in the movie just made me laugh. However the book is pretty nice..

EDIT: About clowns.. well I think it's their painting. They seem always happy and cheerful, but in a scarry way. I can't really explain it, but that's it :p

Talking about clowns, I red a short story about a clown some time ago. The scenery: the Persic Gulf war. Don't ask how or why, a clown is just in the middle of a battle, hidden on a trench, between the two sides that are fighting at the moment.

He doesn't know how to escape, and his time is expiring, each second counts. So, an idea appeared suddenly in his mind: he's a clown! He can get dressed as a clown, who can shoot to an innocent? Who can kill a clown?

Pushed by his own and obvious fear, he get dressed quickly, and get out from the trench, just at time to see a soldier smile, and shoot, at the same time, on the other side, the "mirror" of that soldier do the same. The clown died by two shoots. There's ppl without any kind of care 'bout nothing.

Isn't a funny story of clowns, indeed. But I liked so much, it's a great methapor, isn't it?

|ngenius (Reading...)

clowns are meant to be scary. it has something to do with masks and carnivals.
the great majority of folk-related holidays (not easter or xmas, for instance) date back to a time when it was important to exorcise nightmares and bad feelings related to death through some sort of celebration for the people in the streets, who were very exposed to risks of all kind.
such celebrations tended to depict the thing that was scary and expose it for all to see, so that everybody could make fun of it and look it in the face without really having to be afraid of anything. thus, people celebrating started to wore masks and garments that were really disquieting and behave in an outrageous, unsympathetic way. at the end of the day, the mask just dropped and the uneasiness went away, making everyone feel better. for a while.
clowns fall in this category: they're supposed to be funny because their ugly, mad faces are the constant recipent of tricks and violence. we do not want any harm done for real, so we just make it up for a lark.

rahvin.

Now we know why clowns were created, but I must accept that clowns are really love by some child. I don't know why, I don't know even if that's healthy, but they do HELP some children.
I guess it's the break of color, the "what_the_hell_is_doing_this_bastard_doing_dressed_that_way" fact that make them feel comfortable. May be is the point that they see that there are human beings even more lame and stupid than themselves. Who knows...but the fact is that some clowns are succesfull when making kids happy. I would just kill them all in the same pile with the mimes, but I guess that's a bit drastic coming from a melon like me!

fathervic (not a clown)