Exclusive: DISSECTION Frontman JON NÖDTVEIDT Commits Suicide - Aug. 18, 2006

Take a week and listen the record eveyday, then say the same.
ok, it doesn't actually suck for what it is, and jon was a very talented guitarist and could write songs that flowed pretty well, but the album's really in a style of metal i have little to no patience for nowadays. over-polished, super-melodic, groove-based, etc... maybe 5 years ago i would have been more into it

Satanic Aphorisms number 8, taken from the above website:

"8. Lie to others if you must, but rather take your own life than start lying to yourself."

Also, tried to read through the rest of the site - it's a bit involved for a complete V-Plate holder to this stuff - seems pretty Lovecraftian in tone, in fact.

apparently for some people it's hard to understand that you can respect a man for sticking to his beliefs even though you absolutely and utterly disagree with the actual beliefs he holds

not directed at anyone in particular, just sayin'

it's a simple enough concept to grasp, you just need to control your "omg i disagree with him he's a shit!" knee-jerk reaction

Erik said:
apparently for some people it's hard to understand that you can respect a man for sticking to his beliefs even though you absolutely and utterly disagree with the actual beliefs he holds

yeah, i concur

on a sidenote: belief is overrated.

Erik said:

I completely agree with this, but who in this thread has actually said that they either completely disagree with Jon's beliefs, or has actually seriously cast scorn on his life or the manner of his passing? I don't think anyone has, so I don't see why Lehto got wound up or quite what the impetus was for this last post?

EDIT: Ignore me, I'm obsessing over insignificant details while decrying others for doing the same. Just shoot me now.

Erik said:
ok, it doesn't actually suck for what it is, and jon was a very talented guitarist and could write songs that flowed pretty well, but the album's really in a style of metal i have little to no patience for nowadays. over-polished, super-melodic, groove-based, etc... maybe 5 years ago i would have been more into it

Exactly, I hardly ever listen to "melodic death metal" anymore, but this album was something I forced myself to listed and it grew, something that none of the similar albums ever did, the message came through more than any Darkthrone-album ever did. It's all about the feeling you have inside, all about the situation you're hanging to. This is a masterpiece and few months ago, I though this was an utter dissapointment. I must however clarify, that I came to this conclusion before I knew Jon took his life and took the utter step to anti cosmic.

Hail Dissection!!

And Erik, you should already know, that I stand in the same side as you no matter what I write here.

dill_the_devil said:
"reality" is not scientifically valid
how so...real is real; it can't be alchemized into something it's not. although perception of reality can be unreal.

Illogical Positivism's first tenet will be thus: When we die, we go to a place where chicks have mandatory work out clinics, the beer is cold and free, and there's a taco stand on every block.

i still think its because he was denied a visa ... many in India take such drastic measures as well ... but because they are not famous ... nobody cares.