Favorite Death Metal Album

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Immolation - Here in After/I]

Any on the above list would qualify as "the best".

Dawn of Possession is much much better, but Here in After is also amazing.

swizzlenuts said:
I think you like willow tip way way too much, that album is filled with technical wanky riffs that do nothign for the album. The whole time while listening I couldn't believe of all the annoying boring shit that was going on. :puke:

Unless you are being sarcastic.

Nope, I seriously have not enjoyed a death metal album more than that.

Yeah, I do love Willowtip :worship:

Susperia said:
What the balls is Willowtip and why haven't I ever heard of it before?

a label that doesn't fuck around and yeah, why?

edit: notable willowtip releases include Ion Dissonance, Watchmaker, Crowpath, Circle Of Dead Children, the awesomeness of LENG TCHE, and many more.

I'm not gonna quote everyone but Seance Fornever Laid to Rest kicks Salt Rub Eyes arse. I havent heard SRE for many years but i recall it having a more (dare I say) hardcore element to the riffs and vocals.

Immolation's Dawn of Possession will always be their best!

Obituary Slowly we Rot had a great atmosphere, I listened to it the other day and loved it as much as the day it was released.

Amorphis Privilege of Evil is one awesome piece of death metal, more great atmosphere here.

But my all time favourite death metal for me would be the early 90's Swedish stuff, Entombed/Dismember to Necrophobic etc.

Dodens Grav said:
It's not complex or particularly interesting, but it's solid, straightforward bludgeoning Death fucking Metal the way it should be played.
Every word of your post is true, in my opinion. I've always seen Obituary as being the Creedence Clearwater of death metal in that their simplicity is almost perfect.
Notably 'The Dying', from Cause of Death (which also has some of the best solos ever).

Besides a few of what others have said (Blessed are the Sick, The Bleeding, Necrotism...), two other favorites of mine will always be Bolt Throwers' IVth Crusade and Warmaster.

Teh Grimarse said:
a label that doesn't fuck around and yeah, why?

edit: notable willowtip releases include Ion Dissonance, Watchmaker, Crowpath, Circle Of Dead Children, the awesomeness of LENG TCHE, any many more.

Other notable bands inclue: Arsis, Alarum, Neuraxis, Kill The Client, and Crotchduster.

Gorod of course =)

Ex-cally-boo said:
Nope, I seriously have not enjoyed a death metal album more than that.

Yeah, I do love Willowtip :worship:

Cmon man, you probably should check out more Death Metal, the technical Death Metal gets old, but Old School death is so good it doesn't get old, and it's worthy of the :worship:

swizzlenuts said:
Cmon man, you probably should check out more Death Metal, the technical Death Metal gets old, but Old School death is so good it doesn't get old, and it's worthy of the :worship:

I listen to my fair share of old school DM - Death, Possessed, Cancer, Demigod, Crypt of Kerberos, etc.

None of it is better than Gorod.