Gaming Thread

Among other things it's just crazy the work they put into the outlaw camp and the interactions with your pals. I suppose characters start repeating themselves after a while but for now, I'm blown away at how dynamic and "real" that place feels. Never seen anything like this in a game.

Not much repetition as far as characters go, tbh. There are tons of great storylines and great characters throughout the entire game.

Haha this game is incredible...

this stag I was chasing fled on a railroad bridge, I rode after him, shot him on horseback from a distance then dismounted to go pick up the carcass. Next thing I knew, I heard the unmistakable sound of a train. I stupidly thought "nah, can't happen, can it?" and walked a little further. Then the sound grew louder, I went "oh shit", doubled back, ran like a maniac, jumped on the horse, spammed the A button, jumped off the tracks as soon as the bridge ended. The train sped past half a second later, I hadn't even seen it until then... I was honestly panting haha. Wish I had recorded that stunt. Of course the stag got destroyed, which makes it even better.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I'm replaying mass effect 2. After that I'll probably do RDR2. I still cannot aim worth a shit with a controller tho.

I'm digging dead cells a ton for a game where I can play 30-40 minutes and feel like I got a lot done.

Dont waste your time with RDR2, that game is such a worthless time sink. Story/Character is fine, game play just meanders the fuck along once ye get half way through. Pretty much over these open world time sinks that can be summarized by a quick 2hr youtube cut scene compilation.

At which point one needs to ask themselves, why not just throw on an old Spaghetti Western?

I got a few good yrs left, I dont got time for this horse shit.

We're dying folks, savor the flavor of your own existence and game on something proper. :!

I'll keep wasting my time for the foreseeable future thanks :p

The main quest shootouts are my least favorite part of the game. Much too easy tbh. I relish in exploring, hunting and playing poker (viz. going all in against bots that will call any two)

Dont waste your time with RDR2, that game is such a worthless time sink. Story/Character is fine, game play just meanders the fuck along once ye get half way through. Pretty much over these open world time sinks that can be summarized by a quick 2hr youtube cut scene compilation.

At which point one needs to ask themselves, why not just throw on an old Spaghetti Western?

I got a few good yrs left, I dont got time for this horse shit.

We're dying folks, savor the flavor of your own existence and game on something proper. :!
this was my initial impression of the game. I'm still not sure if I want to play it.

i liked rdr2. but yeah, the hours disappear whilst playing. havent played in quite some time

I'm now 70 hours in, just a couple missions into chapter three... Game still feels incredible but I'm taking it slow, sometimes not playing at all for 2-3 days, then spending several in-game hours just doing random stuff. There are still sizeable portions of map greyed out, especially out North-East. And I've visited Saint Dennis twice but just on some side activity so far...

I don't intend to finish all challenges at 100% but I will deplete the world of every last animal.

I don't usually go about killing NPC "just because" but for some reason some dude insulting me profusely as I passed him by in Strawberry set me off, so I stalked him from a distance as he rode out of town and sniped his head clean off from a ridge, never detected.

This was one of my most satisfactory gaming moments ever :)

I'm now 70 hours in, just a couple missions into chapter three... Game still feels incredible but I'm taking it slow, sometimes not playing at all for 2-3 days, then spending several in-game hours just doing random stuff. There are still sizeable portions of map greyed out, especially out North-East. And I've visited Saint Dennis twice but just on some side activity so far...

I don't intend to finish all challenges at 100% but I will deplete the world of every last animal.

Once I finished the missions, I just enjoyed hunting and doing the little side missions. Im not gonna lie about using Youtube to help me out on occasion, but it was still fun.

I really enjoyed trying to get the different outfits from the animal skinner guy. My dude looked rad in his foxskin cap.

And of course, the occasional shooting rampage, hogtying people and throwing them in the fire or over a cliff, blowing limbs off with exploding ammo, etc was an utter blast.

I'm bouncing between Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3. It sounds like torture because it is.

Im a From Software geek. Currently finishing Bloodborne, about 150hrs in after 5 yrs. Just got the dlc, final chalice dungeon boss, and the last stage of Mergo's Loft to go. May or may not do a ng+.

Put countless hours in the three ye mentioned as well. No ragrets, unlike Neckbeard Redemption.

Reactions: MFJ