General Chat Thread: waves hello

kittybeast said:
damn I feel great! felt tired at 8pm last night so I went to sleep,,, 13 hours later I woke. Haven't done that in a looooooong time it sure felt good! Now to make up today the things I didn't do while sleeping:zombie:

I took ny-quil the day before yesterday and woke up 10 minutes before I was supposed to be at work, an hour + away......I've got creeping death right now, and can't wait to go home and MEDICATE Thursday & Friday.
There be a plague going around our office..... :puke:

J-Dubya

13 hours? I hate you!

During weekdays the best I can achieve is 8 hours, and in weekends ~10 but not continously or truly restful.

I sell my soul for having a decent sleep again that's the only thing (besides the hair) I miss from my youth.

Thank Eddie that the weekend is almost here... been working so hard, tired. I need a vacation!

Im right there with everyone else on the lack of sleep thingy. One of our dogs managed to puncture her foot in the back yard and nick a blood vessel. We've had to babysit her basically night and day for the last week and a half so me and her have been "sleeping" on an air matress on the basement floor.

Turns out I have an interview for a new job today. I sent in a resume on a whim and it turns out they want to talk to me. The company founder wants to meet at a coffee shop to chat. Kinda blindsided me. Should be fun!

^ good luck Brent! Hope it's everything you ever wanted from an employer.

Hugs to the 'puppy' for me hope he feels better soon!

Tonight I meet my Russian Pen pal "Dasha" for the first time after talking and emailing for 6 years!!! :p

Wheezer said:
Im right there with everyone else on the lack of sleep thingy. One of our dogs managed to puncture her foot in the back yard and nick a blood vessel. We've had to babysit her basically night and day for the last week and a half so me and her have been "sleeping" on an air matress on the basement floor.

Damn! Its always very intense when things like that happen. I can only imagine how you and your family have been up most of the night nursing her.

Wheezer said:
Turns out I have an interview for a new job today. I sent in a resume on a whim and it turns out they want to talk to me. The company founder wants to meet at a coffee shop to chat. Kinda blindsided me. Should be fun!

Good luck buddy. Let hope for a new good and well payed job. :)

kittybeast said:
Tonight I meet my Russian Pen pal "Dasha" for the first time after talking and emailing for 6 years!!! :p

Now that must be exciting! I hope you both have a great time!

Hawk said:
Damn! Its always very intense when things like that happen. I can only imagine how you and your family have been up most of the night nursing her.
kittybeast said:
Hugs to the 'puppy' for me hope he feels better soon!

Thanks guys! She got her stitches out last night and it's actually been pretty tough to keep her settled so she's getting back to normal. Just a coupla more days. :)

Hawk said:
Good luck buddy. Let hope for a new good and well payed job. :)
kittybeast said:
^ good luck Brent! Hope it's everything you ever wanted from an employer.

Thanks again! I'm actually looking forward to it because there's really nothing on the line. It would be a neat job, from the sounds of it. We'll see how it goes. They have to understand that there's a mandatory trip to Atlanta in September though! :p

kittybeast said:

Now that sounds like some serious fun. I'm sure you'll enjoy that! :kickass:

Wheezer said:

Sorry about the kid, I lovedogs but sometime they can be extremely animal!

As for the job lots of luck roomie ;) (I wish I had a new job too)

And now a rant against the USPS:

Can somebody explain to me this...

tabla.jpg

If my address is in Miami, FL., why in hell's name the package ended in Minnesota? :zombie:

So now it has to pass thru Florida to arrive in Minnesota so it can be undelivered and then (hopefully) returned to Florida? One small step for mankind a giant leap for USPS :mad:

NP: Last Chapter - 'The Yard'

Wyvern said:
Sorry about the kid, I lovedogs but sometime they can be extremely animal!

As for the job lots of luck roomie ;) (I wish I had a new job too)

Thanks! She's doing well and pretty much back to normal.

The interview went really well and I have another round of interviews coming up. My skills don't exactly match what the job entails but I'm pretty sure that I can learn what I need to know. That's the really exciting part.

Wyvern said:
If my address is in Miami, FL., why in hell's name the package ended in Minnesota? :zombie:

So now it has to pass thru Florida to arrive in Minnesota so it can be undelivered and then (hopefully) returned to Florida? One small step for mankind a giant leap for USPS :mad:

:ill: :zombie: What the ? Both Miami and Minnesota start with "Mi"? Dunno roomie. That's a new one on me. Especially since the USPS goes by zip code first.

Wheezer said:
:ill: :zombie: What the ? Both Miami and Minnesota start with "Mi"? Dunno roomie. That's a new one on me. Especially since the USPS goes by zip code first.

That what's puzzles me the most. Especially when they put in the upper part of the page that the delivery address is Miami! And I hadn't change my addy or anything like it.

Oh well, I'll have to wait more and see. I already wrote to them so I can make a full complaint later if the package never arrives. :mad:

BTW Brent what's the new job about (if I may ask)?

NP: Icarus Witch - 'Soothsayer'

Wyvern said:
BTW Brent what's the new job about (if I may ask)?

Embedded programming. It's the same as what I do now only different. The things I would program are different and in a different language. They make small, wireless sensor and control units. It's completely new and they think the wave of the future. Only twelve people work there and it's a startup company that's only been around for about two years. Fun stuff.

Wheezer said:
Embedded programming. It's the same as what I do now only different. The things I would program are different and in a different language. They make small, wireless sensor and control units. It's completely new and they think the wave of the future. Only twelve people work there and it's a startup company that's only been around for about two years. Fun stuff.

Ah TI the way of the future. I should have studied computing and programming back in my day but at the time (1984) no one foresees that computers were going anywhere :Smug:

Well at least I can do some programs in Basic :lol:

NP: Listeria - 'Like Ali'

Wyvern said:
Ah TI the way of the future. I should have studied computing and programming back in my day but at the time (1984) no one foresees that computers were going anywhere :Smug:

Well at least I can do some programs in Basic :lol:

I started programming, in Basic, right around '84. I liked it so much that I decided right then and there to pursue it. I still program a bit in Basic -- Visual Basic. My Dad was hoping I'd become a preacher. :lol:

Wheezer said:
I started programming, in Basic, right around '84. I liked it so much that I decided right then and there to pursue it. I still program a bit in Basic -- Visual Basic. My Dad was hoping I'd become a preacher. :lol:

My Dad wanted me to be an Industrial Engineer only he didn't know that what he believed an IE was, it is really an Electromechanical Engineer.

In anycase I should had studied IE or programming, those are today most valued jobs in this country.

In other news Amazon acknowledge that my package has been delivered by USPS to the wrong address but before they can act they want me to talk to the local Post Office (evidently these guys don't get where I'm living). I will wait a few more days and then report the items as missing.
I hope Amazon will redeliver at no-charge (like CDUniverse does), otherwise they will lose me as customer.

NP: Radakka - 'Sacrifice'

Wheezer said:
Rev. Wheezer:lol:
Glenn could rent out Earthlink for Sun. morning and you could preach a sermon. I'm sure we all could use some saving after the weekend's debauchery.:D

Wyvern said:
My Dad wanted me to be an Industrial Engineer only he didn't know that what he believed an IE was, it is really an Electromechanical Engineer.

In anycase I should had studied IE or programming, those are today most valued jobs in this country.

The most important thing to me is to enjoy my job. I haven't for quite a while so that's what prompted me to fire off a resume. It was just meant to blow off a little steam. :lol:

Wyvern said:
In other news Amazon acknowledge that my package has been delivered by USPS to the wrong address but before they can act they want me to talk to the local Post Office (evidently these guys don't get where I'm living). I will wait a few more days and then report the items as missing.
I hope Amazon will redeliver at no-charge (like CDUniverse does), otherwise they will lose me as customer.

Wow! It sounds like you're having far too much fun just getting the CDs. :loco:

TheWhisper said:
Rev. Wheezer:lol:
Glenn could rent out Earthlink for Sun. morning and you could preach a sermon. I'm sure we all could use some saving after the weekend's debauchery.:D

Dude! I would tend to lead everyone further astray. :Smug: It'd be like preachin' to the choir. I'm usually on a flight out by the time everyone else is just getting up. Last year Kittybeast called me to ask me if I wanted a ride to the airport. I was in Denver, in Mile High waiting for the game to start. :lol:

Wheezer said:
Wow! It sounds like you're having far too much fun just getting the CDs. :loco:

You don't know half of it. According to the USPS tracking number I been given the package was tried to be delivered in St Paul 4 days ago.

Today I received the package :err:

Corolary: never trust your friendly tracking number :heh:

Wyvern said:
You don't know half of it. According to the USPS tracking number I been given the package was tried to be delivered in St Paul 4 days ago.

Today I received the package :err:

Corolary: never trust your friendly tracking number :heh:

:loco: :erk: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had similar things happen before and even with all of them combined together, they don't match what you've gone through with just one shipment. :worship: