General Chat Thread: waves hello

OMG...Was it the speed...or was it that big shiny pink thing in between your legs that made you pull that face :lol:

(sorry if I crossed the line of decentcy here, just couldn't resist...)

Damn, I always forget about this thread.:erk: Me and the wife are roller coaster freaks as well. Thinking about joining the group the day after progpower at six flags. Not sure if we can swing it yet. Looks like fun KB!!!

Wheezer, good luck with the new job bro!

:lol: :lol: :lol: at carnut.

I'm outta here...see ya.

Flying out tomorrow(Tues.) morning for Philadelphia to catch a few Dream Theater shows up in the northeast. Ending up at the New York show on Sat:headbang:

See you guys & gals when I get back.:kickass:

TheWhisper said:
I'm outta here...see ya.

Flying out tomorrow(Tues.) morning for Philadelphia to catch a few Dream Theater shows up in the northeast. Ending up at the New York show on Sat:headbang:

See you guys & gals when I get back.:kickass:

"A few" DT shows, that sounds great !! I guess they have more than enough material to keep some variation in the shows, you gonna have a great time there !!

carnut said:
OMG...Was it the speed...or was it that big shiny pink thing in between your legs that made you pull that face :lol:

(sorry if I crossed the line of decentcy here, just couldn't resist...)

:lol: it's the 76 mph 200 ft. face first drop the picture is taken of you on the first back flip which is right after you just 'freefalled' face first.

Prototype vehicles that spin 360-degrees forwards and backwards.
One twisting front flip, two back flips and two raven turns will leave you speechless!

Ride Description

For the first time ever, riders race in prototype vehicles that can now spin independently 360-degrees forwards or backwards on a separate axis -- creating an unprecedented "don't know what to expect next" sensation. Perched on the EDGE of a massive 20-foot wide wing-shaped vehicle, riders plummet 200 feet to the ground - head-first face down -- and race at 76 miles-per-hour spinning head-over-heels and performing forward and backward acrobatics through the massive 3,600-foot twisting steel maze.

Top Speed

76 miles-per-hour

Height at Tallest Point

First Drop: 200 feet

Length

3,610 feet

Vehicles

The prototype design allows vehicles to spin 360-degrees forward and backward independent of the train's primary movement. Weighing 5 tons, the vehicle has a unique wing-shaped design that spans an unprecedented 20-feet wide. Each of the three trains carries 28 passengers sitting four abreast.

Safety Systems

Computer controlled fail-safe magnetic brakes and trains with state-of-the-art specially designed seats and shoulder restraints to assure proper ride speed and rider comfort at all times.

Height Restriction

You must be at least 48" tall to ride X

Manufacturer

Arrow Dynamics

They have a new one opening the end of April...to be the fastest coaster in the US. (for now)

@ Ron my season pass is good at any six flags :) except this year I'm flying out sooner.....oh well.

zeppelin said:
Since this is a talking thread, I thought I'd share my latest purchase with you. It's a Takamine G - Series, a fine accoustic - shameless braggin':loco:

Takamine2.jpg

I have a Takamine EF350MC. I absolutely love it. You have a great looking axe. I prefer the full body, as full body = fuller sound, but I know taks and I know it sounds really good unplugged and amazing "plugged in." You couldn't buy better electronics than stock Tak pickups and EQ etc.

Bryant

J-Dubya 777 said:
That sounds SO kickass..... I love coasters!
There is NO ride that scares me! :)

J-Dubya

Ready to go skydiving with me JW ? I've only been once, but myself, my wie and Sis-in-law had a blast !! THAT is the ultimate thrill ride.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Ready to go skydiving with me JW ? I've only been once, but myself, my wie and Sis-in-law had a blast !! THAT is the ultimate thrill ride.

Bryant

I see no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane! :lol:
My bro-in-law went, said it was the ultimate, the coolest feeling ever. He also sees absolutely no reason to do it again. I don't think I'll skydive or bungi any time soon. Now a ride in a shuttle, or flight to Mars? Sign my old mean ass up! :heh:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
I see no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane! :lol:
My bro-in-law went, said it was the ultimate, the coolest feeling ever. He also sees absolutely no reason to do it again. I don't think I'll skydive or bungi any time soon. Now a ride in a shuttle, or flight to Mars? Sign my old mean ass up! :heh:

J-Dubya

I might do it again, but I am not taking it up as a hobby. I did it tandem, basically with some guy strapped to my back doing the work (though I had my own chute) and though I normally don't like to put my life in someone else's hands, if this guy fucks up... he is killing himself as well, not only me. I would like to try it solo once.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I might do it again, but I am not taking it up as a hobby. I did it tandem, basically with some guy strapped to my back doing the work (though I had my own chute) and though I normally don't like to put my life in someone else's hands, if this guy fucks up... he is killing himself as well, not only me. I would like to try it solo once.

Bryant

LOL'ing at this reply, taking it TOTALLY out of context.
dirty-mind + slow night @ work = me keeping myself amused.
It sounds like Brokeback Sky Diving School! :loco:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
LOL'ing at this reply, taking it TOTALLY out of context.
dirty-mind + slow night @ work = me keeping myself amused.
It sounds like Brokeback Sky Diving School! :loco:

J-Dubya

Well his dick really wasn't big enough. Maybe the next guy I do tandem will be more well endowed. Know any black/polish mixed guys I can hook up with ? Supposedly Africans have the greatest length and Polish have the biggest girth (big around.) :puke:

Bryant

I have that same strap for my bass..

Bryant said:
I have a Takamine EF350MC. I absolutely love it. You have a great looking axe. I prefer the full body, as full body = fuller sound, but I know taks and I know it sounds really good unplugged and amazing "plugged in." You couldn't buy better electronics than stock Tak pickups and EQ etc.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Well his dick really wasn't big enough. Maybe the next guy I do tandem will be more well endowed. Know any black/polish mixed guys I can hook up with ? Supposedly Africans have the greatest length and Polish have the biggest girth (big around.) :puke:

Bryant

Well, I'm half Polish! :lol:

J-Dubya

Hey Ya'll! Just spending a couple of days with my mother in law. She's in town and hanging out with us for a couple days. Not doing much, last nite played some poker while watching the Lakers game, won 6 bucks!

Well finally I'm back in business! My computer is back and the Internet connection is kind of working (we have several problems with the only and monopolisthical government controlled ISP).

I'm finally recovering from the flu (which was a killer even with the flu shots, so I don't wanna imagine this bitch at full power :ill: ). The coughing was terrible and even yesterday I woke up to spit my lungs out (coughing after midnight, spitting till the dawn...)

On Monday I had a nasty episode. I went to the gym as usual after work and barely starting I got a head-splitting ache, just a little of iron pumping and my also I started with heart palpitations and cold sweat (not the Thin Lizzy song). I managed to drive home and fell on the bed with a couple of pills for migraine, but I was so screwed I couldn't stood in bed due to the pain, for worsen the coughing started and that made my head explode. So I sat in the dark and eventually I could got into bed and sleep a bit.
I had a mild dinner and went to sleep late (courtesy of the unintened nap) to awake finally alright.
Don't know what triggered the episode but was nasty, never had anything like it (I guess I just reach the never before age).

On the bright side I have holiday until Tuesday. A national holiday paired with the Holy week (sometimes it pays to live in a Catholic country) and thus I'm free for the next five days. Nothing more than rest, ocassional party, lots of Internet and Matzoh (also Passover intertwined).

Well the postwhore is back so...

43.gif

Welcome back, buddy! :worship:

I can so relate to what you've been going through, Wyv. Despite flu shots, I got the flu twice this year, the second time it nearly killed me. I used to be almost bulletproof when it came to colds and flus. Maybe once every few years I'd get sick. Now I'm older and battling 3 different moderate-severe (and incurable) medical conditions, leaving my defense systems battered and broken. These days I have to be very careful about avoiding sick people or even touching public doorknobs during flu season. And when I am ill, I am very ill for weeks and I generally carry lung infections for a month or two. :zombie:

Take advantage of your holiday. It's lucky you have one right when you need it...although it's gotta suck resting on a holiday when you could be playing. Been there, done that too.

NP: Jorn Lande - The Duke