General Chat Thread: waves hello

Death Animal said:
. I don´t recommend drugs to nobody if you don´t want to end like Ozzy.:D

I find this statement quite interesting....

In America you cannot watch a tv program without the majority of commercials being for some DRUG that makes you sleep better, blink better, helps your cholesteral, lowers this, raises that, we in USA are at the mercy of drug companies.... No one wants to legalize the main ingredients of most of these prescription drugs, but everyone wants to make money off of them. Warrel says it best.....MEDICATED NATION.

kittybeast said:
In America you cannot watch a tv program without the majority of commercials being for some DRUG that makes you sleep better, blink better, helps your cholesteral, lowers this, raises that, we in USA are at the mercy of drug companies.... No one wants to legalize the main ingredients of most of these prescription drugs, but everyone wants to make money off of them. Warrel says it best.....MEDICATED NATION.

Yeah and the most idiotic part is that you need a prescription!
In here you'll see a few commercials of most common stuff like painkillers or antiacids, then again except for psychotropics you can buy any medicine available without a prescription. The misuse of any drug is directly responsability of the user, you can't sue the pharmacy or the company for something you took without seeing a health professional first.

On the other hand I like that add of Relacore, I wonder if it'll work for my belly :loco:

kittybeast said:
those plastic glasses are sooooooo cool! I have some too but mine dont have the nifty 'necklace' to keep them on!:tickled:

That was something I ask mom to craft to avoid them to fall everytime I look down suddenly. And considering I was coming from the second floor of the calcination tower (~ 35 m) and needed to look down to see if the crane was loading the drug properly...well you catch my drift.

I like better the heavy duty googles not only good for lab but also for rain and snow, I use to wear them when coming from campus during winter in Reno :D

NP: Iron Maiden - 'Another Life'

Wyvern... you sexy devil you! :tickled: Cool photo!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 MORE DAYS UNTIL BON JOVI! Road trip and a fab concert :worship: :headbang:

Kitty... my leather top is gonna be ready Tueday in time for the show! :headbang:

Pabla said:
Wyvern... you sexy devil you! :tickled: Cool photo!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 MORE DAYS UNTIL BON JOVI! Road trip and a fab concert :worship: :headbang:

Kitty... my leather top is gonna be ready Tueday in time for the show! :headbang:

thou hath tempted the metal gods of this board....You know they'll want some pictures!:)

kittybeast said:
:tickled: :tickled: :tickled:
sorry, but we really should look to Hemp for alternative fuels, lumber, clothing, etc., etc. etc. So many reasons why it's good....it's not just for smoking.

LOL! "Say Hello to my leeeetle friend!"

as for hemp, I plead the 5th on my own personal usage, I've had people call me "twinkles" at prog power, but that's ALL I'm sayin'!

I will say that in the "old" days, I'd have much rather smoked than drank.
What's the worst thing that can happen from trying to OD on pot?
You'll wake up with 2 empty Doritos bags, an empty box of Hostess DingDongs, and a really bad belly ache! :Spin:
I also find it odd that so many companies drug test as part of the employment process, but in most, they don't even look at alcohol levels.
stowing my soapbox for now,
I remain,

J-Dubya

Wyvern said:
Image3.jpg

C'mon, am I the ONLY person who's thinking "Y-M-C-A" :tickled:
Sorry Wyv, I couldn't help myself.......:Spin:

J-Dubya

whew! just had the worst rain storm of the season. Lot's of wind and rain, some minor flooding, no major mudslides that I know of. Sunny this morning. Getting ready for our road trip tomarrow. Pabla and I are going to see Bon Jovi!:headbang:

kittybeast said:
whew! just had the worst rain storm of the season. Lot's of wind and rain, some minor flooding, no major mudslides that I know of. Sunny this morning. Getting ready for our road trip tomarrow. Pabla and I are going to see Bon Jovi!:headbang:
Have fun, be safe. There is a big drought of shows here right now. Not that much in the future either. Though, I will be heading up to the northeast the end of March, to catch a few Dream Theater shows...including the Radio City gig.

kittybeast said:
thou hath tempted the metal gods of this board....You know they'll want some pictures!:)

Leather top!
Leather top!
Leather top!
Leather top!
Leather top!
Leather top!
Leather top!
Leather top!
Leather top!
:hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

J-Dubya 777 said:
C'mon, am I the ONLY person who's thinking "Y-M-C-A"
Sorry Wyv, I couldn't help myself.......

J-Dubya

I doubt I look macho and I hope I don't look that gay :lol:

Leather Top!
Leather Top!
Leather Top! !!

Let's get this back on topic! :headbang: :D

Nah, you don't look that gay! lol I just had an exchange with a co-worker here same night I posted that, he has a Chicago Police Department hat band dangling from his rearview mirror in his car. I told him he either took the EASY way out of a ticket, or was dating one of the village people.....:Spin:

J-Dubya - Leather TOP!

HELL BENT FOR LEATHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

kittybeast said:
I find this statement quite interesting....

Exactly. Now everybody relies on the new drug that reduces this, the new drug that enhances this, ect ect.

Psychiatrists and psychologists in the US are just jumping out of their skin to pump everybody full of perscriptions, and to convince people they actually need it. Let me say this; I had been on various medications, not by choice, to 'keep me in line.' Well I've been off all perscription medicine for a while now, and I would rather feel anything they say these drugs prevent than take them again. They fuck up your sleeping patterns, they fuck up your eating patterns, and the worst thing is, they didn't do a damn thing about what they claimed they were for.

Sorry for the rant, I just dislike perscription drugs with a passion.

#1_Droogie said:
They fuck up your sleeping patterns, they fuck up your eating patterns, and the worst thing is, they didn't do a damn thing about what they claimed they were for.

Been there too antidepressors and cholesterol drugs :zombie: But most times they actually work. Of course I don't have as much an issue since

a) like I said you don't need prescription here for almost all stuff
b) I'm a chemist so I believe in having weird molecules running in your bloodstream :lol:

On a different note it's a lovely sunny day, I just wash my car and took it for an oil change. The rest of the day I hope to be a restful Sunday to gain some strenght for another damn working weekend :cry:

NP: Doro - 'Haunted Hearts'

Wyvern said:
Been there too antidepressors and cholesterol drugs :zombie: But most times they actually work. Of course I don't have as much an issue since

b) I'm a chemist so I believe in having weird molecules running in your bloodstream :lol:
:lol: That's true, although you weren't forced to take the medications you took, you did so willingly;)

Wyvern said:

On a different note it's a lovely sunny day, I just wash my car and took it for an oil change. The rest of the day I hope to be a restful Sunday to gain some strenght for another damn working weekend :cry:

NP: Doro - 'Haunted Hearts'

I'm already 2 days into my work week:erk:
As far as perscription drugs go, I'm lucky enough that I haven't ben on anything for any extended periods of time, just antibiotics a few times.
I whole heartedly endorse perscription pain relievers, when needed. After surgery in 2004, I got my first taste of morphine, as well as living under a vicodin cloud for a week. I am against recreational use of PERSCRIPTION drugs. For others, I again plead the fifth! :loco:

J-Dubya