General Chat Thread: waves hello

Bryant said:
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, everything is on hold right now. The developer that wants to buy my house tried to low-ball me. He offered me $35,000 for my home and land. my agent told me, it should sell for between $65,000 and $85,000. It is ashamed, because I actually went and seen the properties the other day. The one with the mobile home on it is fantastic and practically perfect for me.
I certainly don't know the ins and outs of the real estate business, but I know a mobile home needs to be blocked under in order to fincance it via FHA. With the money I would be able to put down, had I sold my house to said asshole developer, I could have had just the land financed for the rest if necessary. I wouldn't have need of much cash left after the purchase, but with 5.5 acres, I would have to buy a good quality lawn tractor, and get a couple of pieces of furniture (used would be adequate considering I would have such a small mortgage payment as I could take time to buy nice furniture at my disposal.)
My agent says I should put my house on the market. Do you agree and if so, how much time/money should I invest on renovating it ? There is nothing "wrong" with my house less old age. Other than cosmetic (paint, trim etc.), windows and doors are the only things in bad shape.

Have your agent do a compartive market analysis (CMA) to evaluate what you may be able to sell it for. This will tell you what house may sell for. The analysis should be free of charge (make sure you ask).

Once you decide to list your home your agent may have suggestions for you that will enhance the marketability of your home. Keep in mind that there is a difference between value and marketability.

Value will be based on physical features of your home such as, but not limited to, number of bedrooms/bathrooms, square footage and size of the lot.

Marketablity are things you can do fairly inexpensively such as new paint, clean/new carpets, de-cluttering (boxing up everything but the basics), and enhancing the curb appeal (flowers bushes yard etc.) all these things can help your home sell quicker and you'll get closer to your asking price.

Also ask your agent once he has done the CMA to fill out a "net sheet" for you based on the potential selling price. This will show you what expenses will be required of you that will come directly out of the equity (profit) in your home. Also ask what the average time on the market is for homes in your price range. This can give you an idea of how long you can expect your home to be on the market.

All this information should give you a better foundation with which to decide what is best for you.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more question.

:headbang:

Heya everyone, what's new on UMOS? :)

I'm back, or kind of, at least I'll try to check the posts on a more regular basis, despite my limited free time now. Good to see active and friendly discussions around here :kickass:

Fangface said:

I'm back, or kind of, at least I'll try to check the posts on a more regular basis, despite my limited free time now. Good to see active and friendly discussions around here :kickass:

FLO!
a036.gif

Where have you been?

Wyvern said:
Quick poll: are you in favor or against exercising (working out) when with a cold?
NP: Labyrinth - 'This World'

sweat a fever starve a cold. I've always found (for me) the best way to break a fever is to do strenous work, though sometimes this isn't possible as the fever has zapped all your energy. p.s. I'm not big on regular workouts (excercise)

Fangface said:

all good in sunny southern California! Nice to see you again! :Smokin:

Not much going on down here in Florida. Haven't had much time to post, but have been checking out the board from time to time.

Fangface said:

Great to see you back Flo !!

I am a little bit on and off myself as I am trying to buy a house.

Bryant

Fangface said:
Thanks guys, I guess we all have our off periods ;)

Working, mostly ;) Also getting used to a new way of life, or sort of.

True. Well you know work sucks, but money comes out of it so...:cry: :cool:

NP: Tyr - 'Excavation'

yaaaaaaaay I finally get my stiches out!!! I had some minor outpatient surgery and I have 7 stiches. Finally they are coming out and I get to go SWIMMING!!! It's been about 90 degrees so it's defo pool time!:kickass:

:worship: Uli Jon Roth up next weekend that's about all the excitement going on here.

kittybeast said:
yaaaaaaaay I finally get my stiches out!!! I had some minor outpatient surgery and I have 7 stiches. Finally they are coming out and I get to go SWIMMING!!! It's been about 90 degrees so it's defo pool time!:kickass:

:worship: Uli Jon Roth up next weekend that's about all the excitement going on here.

Sounds like a plan to me! What is "some minor outpatient surgery"? Did I miss anything? :loco:

Good to hear about the outcome of the sawing...err surgery :p

Blackmore's Night - '25 Years'

kittybeast said:
I had cosmetic surgery I look like this now :zombie:

:lol: :lol: naaw I just had a cyst removed. Incision healing well.

:lol: Excellent use of the :zombie: smiley. :kickass: Glad it's healing up nicely for you. I had a plugged gland of some sort removed from my face about 15 years ago and still have problems. The surgery was basically a face lift. Problem is they only did the left side. :lol:

Looks like everyone's doing well. Me too. Although it is getting a little too hot already. I'm taking Friday off to fly down to Atlanta, drive to Bryant's town, and hook with a bunch of Prog Power friends for the weekend. Should be a lot of fun and a much needed getaway.

Wheezer said:
I'm taking Friday off to fly down to Atlanta, drive to Bryant's town, and hook with a bunch of Prog Power friends for the weekend. Should be a lot of fun and a much needed getaway.

Tell Bryant, Shaye, Urban, Stephanie and whomever else you will see the kittybeast says hello! Have a safe trip, have lots of fun...you're going to a football game(?) and enjoy the humidity!:kickass: :kickass:

kittybeast said:
Tell Bryant, Shaye, Urban, Stephanie and whomever else you will see the kittybeast says hello! Have a safe trip, have lots of fun...you're going to a football game(?) and enjoy the humidity!:kickass: :kickass:

I'll definitely say howdy to everyone for you. Football game? :lol: It's a slightly more refined event than that. :p The humidity down there always kicks my ass. :cry: