General Chat Thread: waves hello

Hello my lovely Old School chums, just posting this to say Hi and also to let you all know that I'm seeing Schenker in 2 days in Glasgow - canny wait, should be brilliant if he turns up that is hehe!!!! 5 days after Schenker I'm seeing a wee Irish band called The Answer who are really excellent, quite Zeppy, so that should be a great night as well.

In June, I'm seeing Hanoi Rocks + Twisted Sister and then at end of June seeing Whitesnake again (and its The Answer who're supporting Whitesnake, so that'll be a cracker)!!!

Guns n Roses are playing Glasgow SECC in July, so will be getting a ticket for that as soon as they go on sale. Seeing The Cult in September at Glasgow Carling Academy and just heard this morning that Y & T are playing Glasgow Cathouse on 6th October, so will be getting tickets for that one as well. Also seeing Motorhead in November and Maiden in December.

And just waiting expectantly for the mighty Diamond Head to announce a Scottish date sometime in July/August.

Woohooooooo not a bad wee list of gigs there:headbang: :headbang:

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Hello my lovely Old School chums, just posting this to say Hi and also to let you all know that I'm seeing Schenker in 2 days in Glasgow - canny wait, should be brilliant if he turns up that is hehe!!!! 5 days after Schenker I'm seeing a wee Irish band called The Answer who are really excellent, quite Zeppy, so that should be a great night as well.

In June, I'm seeing Hanoi Rocks + Twisted Sister and then at end of June seeing Whitesnake again (and its The Answer who're supporting Whitesnake, so that'll be a cracker)!!!

Guns n Roses are playing Glasgow SECC in July, so will be getting a ticket for that as soon as they go on sale. Seeing The Cult in September at Glasgow Carling Academy and just heard this morning that Y & T are playing Glasgow Cathouse on 6th October, so will be getting tickets for that one as well. Also seeing Motorhead in November and Maiden in December.

And just waiting expectantly for the mighty Diamond Head to announce a Scottish date sometime in July/August.

Woohooooooo not a bad wee list of gigs there:headbang: :headbang:

:worship: Princess, I am definately jealous of your itinerary!

:headbang:

Hey metal paddy! What's up?

Princess, that is one heckuva set of shows. I'm extremely jealous! :headbang: :kickass: There must be reports of the shows afterwards.

Yes Rokk and Wheezer, 2006 is shaping up to be quite a magnificent year of rockin gigs for me:headbang: . And I've just heard that the Blue Oyster Cult are playing in Glasgow in July as well. I'm not a hardcore BOC fan but they're playing at the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow which only holds about 400 rockers, so I'll definitely be checking out that gig as well, cos the Ferry is one of my fav venues and I think BOC will be fantastic live there.

I saw MSG 2 nights ago in Glasgow, so I've put my wee review under the other MSG thread.

SCHENKER STILL RULES:kickass:

Great set of gig you have there princes! I would love to see Diamond Head once. They are a long time favorite. Enjoy the gigs!!

Princess, let me just add a "me too" to kitty's recommendation of BOC live. I have seen them several times and had a blast every time. They enjoy playing live and it shows in their performances.

<wanders over to MSG thread for review>

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
And I've just heard that the Blue Oyster Cult are playing in Glasgow in July as well. I'm not a hardcore BOC fan but they're playing at the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow which only holds about 400 rockers, so I'll definitely be checking out that gig as well, cos the Ferry is one of my fav venues and I think BOC will be fantastic live there.
Awesome, I might see BOC this summer in UK too :) Maybe the Manchester gig, I'm not sure yet but I'll have to figure how to go there if they're not playing a closer venue (on a Saturday).

Fangface said:
Awesome, I might see BOC this summer in UK too :) Maybe the Manchester gig, I'm not sure yet but I'll have to figure how to go there if they're not playing a closer venue (on a Saturday).

It's a pity you couldn't make it to the Glasgow gig on 18th July Fangface- its a Tuesday - cos the Renfrew Ferry is one of the best venues I've been to - an upstairs and downstairs bar, its just a brilliant atmospheric venue, the atmosphere is always electric there no matter what band you're seeing and its just been refurbished, so is looking really cool now. And you never have any trouble getting right to the front of the stage, which is where I always like to be. I've got my ticket already, so really looking forward to this gig, should be superb.

Thanks for the tip Princess, I might do a gig at the Ferry one day, who knows. I'm all for traveling and visiting new places, music-related places included :)

Today I'm trying to get some sleep, after coming back from western Belgium where Alice Cooper, Dio, Status Quo and Ted Nugent rocked last night...

Just pseudo-washed my car (since tomorrow it'll be dirty as hell again in the road to the job) and the day was cool, so I got all wet and sweaty and chilly. So next I took a wonderful hot shower and now I'm relaxing in front of the comp, playing some music while cooking pasta for the lunch.

Sundays are so nice and so short :(

I spent all of yesteday working on fencing my yard with six foot wood fence. I got all the post cemented in ground and relaxing today too Wyv. I plan on finishing the fence tomorrow. It'll be nice when its done.

:headbang:

kittybeast said:
WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!! XOXOXXO

Keep playing with fire...I'll get you at PP :p

P.S. Who's gonna to take pics of me while washing the car anyway? :err:

rokk said:
I spent all of yesteday working on fencing my yard with six foot wood fence. I got all the post cemented in ground and relaxing today too Wyv. I plan on finishing the fence tomorrow. It'll be nice when its done.

Yeah the whole fencing concept. In Costa Rica we build the walls and fences around the construction perimeter first, then the house is build, then you add the barbed wire and bars to the windows. We live inside self-imposed prisons and I always find weird and lovely the small wooden fences and the absence of bars in the houses of Reno when I was living there.

Besides you cannot make a wooden fence in here, in matter of weeks it'll be either eaten by bugs or it'll grow branches :lol:

NP: Running Wild - 'Evil Spirit'

Ran to the hills (but not for my life :heh: ) on Saturday. It's an annual trip we make during Memorial Day weekend. There's a road that goes up over the mountains (12,000+ feet) and it's the first weekend it's open for the season. Got a few pics, but not very many really:

http://www.pbase.com/wieser537/rmn_spring_06

It was 90 degrees or so down here but up on top it was about 50 degrees or so. Saw a couple of Mooses (Meeses?) and a bunch of Elk. Good fun.

kittybeast said:
no pictures of the Meeses?!?!:lol: So beautiful!

:lol: No, I was driving when we saw the Meeses and my brother-in-law didn't want to stop. :erk: That's the first time I've seen a Moose.