General Chat Thread: waves hello

Wyvern said:
Necro is a lady :D

:cry: :lol:

Wyvern said:
Thanks to all and yes Whisper I do need a holiday (about 10 years of it)

I just bought the bars, I'm going to install them after lunch (pasta!). Now my aunt (mom's sister) wants some for her shower too.

NP: Darkness - 'Soldiers'

Yea thats how it goes. Instead of a vacation Wyvern is going to install bars in the showers for the rest of his family. o_O

necromancy said:
Yes I am.. As in the avatar :)

Sorry I mistook you for a dude milady :oops:

I just checked out your Myspace page necromancy and it looks like we have another teacher on board!
Welcome colleague!

ah a general chat thready... how handy :D

And Hawk... you wrote it with a Z... hell yeah :kickass:

I just posted in a thread and all of a sudden, all these UMOS'ers gave me a warm welcome, thanks all! That was nice... and metal \m/

Oguz286 said:
ah a general chat thready... how handy :D

And Hawk... you wrote it with a Z... hell yeah :kickass:

I just posted in a thread and all of a sudden, all these UMOS'ers gave me a warm welcome, thanks all! That was nice... and metal \m/

Thats how we do it here at UMOS. :) Enjoy your stay here Oguz. :)

Hawk said:
Coool! Whats ith all these teachers that like metal? \,,/

What do you teach O ye Crimson one? ;)

I teach english, for the most part, but I also substitute in norwegian, history, religion and whatever I'm needed in, really. I teach 12-17 year olds mostly, so...

Hawk said:
Yea thats how it goes. Instead of a vacation Wyvern is going to install bars in the showers for the rest of his family. o_O

TheWhisper said:
Oh damn, there's not going to be homework...is there?

Hope not. I already did mine by installing th damn bars, but I must say they look nice (although my fingers are scratched form the screwdriver pressure).

In the middle of installation I hear a big boom and then lights out. A lightning fall very near and electricity went out for an hour or so. Luckily I have mostly everything in the house with spike supressors and/or UPS systems. Nevertheless was a big boom and I almost pissed on my pants.

I hope no more surprises during this weekend and another whole week is coming :erk:

I will have a job interview romorrow. Part of me wants to get a nicer job than the one I have now, and another part is just curious to know how my profession is valued in the streets and what else can be done. I'll keep you posted on the happenings.

NP: Darkness - 'Price Of Fame'

Wyvern said:
In the middle of installation I hear a big boom and then lights out. A lightning fall very near and electricity went out for an hour or so. Luckily I have mostly everything in the house with spike supressors and/or UPS systems. Nevertheless was a big boom and I almost pissed on my pants.

That's some scary stuff. A motorcyclist got struck and killed by lightning not far from here just this last week. Last night on our way home we got to watch a nice electrical storm. I like lightning. From a distance.

Wyvern said:
I will have a job interview romorrow. Part of me wants to get a nicer job than the one I have now, and another part is just curious to know how my profession is valued in the streets and what else can be done. I'll keep you posted on the happenings.

Good luck! Hopefully your luck is better than mine. I'm still looking, though, so hopefully something really cool will come up.

Hawk said:
Coool! Whats ith all these teachers that like metal? \,,/

That's what I'd like to know. There sure weren't any metal teachers when I was growing up. Most of mine were hippies. :lol:

TheWhisper said:
Oh damn, there's not going to be homework...is there?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My homework is called a honey do list. Today's list involved a chainsaw and a leaf blower/sucker. Honey dos ain't too bad when they involve power tools.

Wheezer said:
That's what I'd like to know. There sure weren't any metal teachers when I was growing up. Most of mine were hippies. :lol:

Mine were mostly old stiffs. By the time I was in 11th grade there was a hot babe teaching 3rd graders, I guess those kids grew up speedier than I did :heh:

Wheezer said:
Good luck! Hopefully your luck is better than mine. I'm still looking, though, so hopefully something really cool will come up.

Sorry to hear Brent. I hope you too find something you like soon. My case is more of comfort, my job is not bad bad is just that doesn't fill my expectations for my actual life and career. So I am looking for something that fills me even if the wage is less. I have no intentions let this vine go until I have grab the next one tight :)

NP: Sentenced - 'Shadegrown'

Wyvern said:
Sorry to hear Brent. I hope you too find something you like soon. My case is more of comfort, my job is not bad bad is just that doesn't fill my expectations for my actual life and career. So I am looking for something that fills me even if the wage is less. I have no intentions let this vine go until I have grab the next one tight :)

Thanks Wyv! It's ok. If it wasn't meant to be then so be it. Your philosophy on jobs is exactly like mine -- I'd rather work for less money and look forward to the job. Of course, if it's more money and enjoyable, so much the better! :lol: