General Chat Thread: waves hello

Wyvern said:
I went to a job interview today. In a nutshell looks way more interesting that my actual job, but has a "glitch" on a sixth sense vibe that I can't pinpoint that is not a complete garden of roses.

On the other hand something flashed on my mind today. 16 years ago when I broke my elbow and ended with the screw in it, was a bit before my dad passed away and my whole life turned. At the end of my undergraduate I had lots of expectations and hopes, dreams and plans that were totally shattered and a life that has been since on a path I never had liked (especially in the job department).

So now closing to the day I'm going to have the pin removed I begun to wonder if this is a sign not of loss but of a brighter future approaching, like if the accursed talisman is finally being taken away from me.

It's silly I accept that but I can't help to think that maybe I should look upon to all this changes with hope again in my soul. In anycase the guy who interviewed me told me he wouldn't have an issue with me taken some days in September even if I start in the company in the next weeks, so at least i know nothing will stop me from PPVII :D

NP: Manigance - 'La Force Des Souvenirs'
Very coincidently, the title of the song you were listening to means "The strength of memories" (or maybe you already guessed it?), which fits the mood of your post... ;)

Fangface said:
Very coincidently, the title of the song you were listening to means "The strength of memories" (or maybe you already guessed it?), which fits the mood of your post... ;)

Well I didn't know, my French is basically inexistant so actually I was wondering what souvenirs meant (and was too lazy to check in the dictionary), but I appreciate your post for a ver strange reason. I have discovered that many times when I'm writing on a thread the title song of the tune I'm listening to at the time fits the post at least in my mind.

So the fact that you pinpointed it really got me on a twilight zone episode ;)

Well I managed with one hand to remove the right rear view mirror of my car (I crushed two days ago leaving my garage), so tomorrow I'll go and look for a spare. I hope they have a used one since new is outrageously expensive and never in stock (damn Honda!).

It's amazing the things you achieved with only one hand, human beong is highly adaptable indeed.

NP: Blitzkrieg - 'Pull The Trigger'

Good Friday! Aren't they all? Yeah, I know I'm a few days late with the news but oh well. I finally booked my flight for Prog Power. I do indeed get in at 3:30 in the afternoon on Wednesday. I also bought tickets for Tesla headlining my very own little town. It's a 5,000 seat venue so it should be really cool. Slaughter is the warm up and some other band (Headshop?) is the opener. Oh, and I got 10th row center seats. :headbang: :kickass: I'm too freakin' happy. That show is the Friday before Prog Power. Nice warm up.

Wheezer said:
Good Friday! Aren't they all? Yeah, I know I'm a few days late with the news but oh well. I finally booked my flight for Prog Power. I do indeed get in at 3:30 in the afternoon on Wednesday.

Atlanta time? I'll be arriving at 20:00 (or so I've been told) on Wdensday too. It'll take a bit more to pass since I have to do immigration and customs.

Wheez, saw Tesla open for Def Leppard here about a year ago and they blew DL away. I wished Tesla would've played a longer set...sounded fantastic, though. It should be a good show.:headbang:

I haven't booked a flight yet, so don't know what time I'll be getting in, but will be in on Wed. early afternoon...probably. Can't wait to see everyone in Sept. :kickass:

Wyvern said:
Atlanta time? I'll be arriving at 20:00 (or so I've been told) on Wdensday too. It'll take a bit more to pass since I have to do immigration and customs.

Yup, Atlanta time. We'll try to time it just right. But if we end up in a bar at the airport then so be it!

TheWhisper said:
Wheez, saw Tesla open for Def Leppard here about a year ago and they blew DL away. I wished Tesla would've played a longer set...sounded fantastic, though. It should be a good show.:headbang:

I saw them last Summer opening for Ted Nugent. They blew him off the stage too and I wished at the time they had played longer. Now I got my wish! :headbang: My wife is completely stoked to see them again too. They converted her.

TheWhisper said:
I haven't booked a flight yet, so don't know what time I'll be getting in, but will be in on Wed. early afternoon...probably. Can't wait to see everyone in Sept. :kickass:

Absolutely! :headbang: :kickass: Sounds like most of us will be in Wednesday.

TheWhisper said:
We need to have a UMOS gathering one day of progpower weekend. Hang out, get a bite to eat, have a few beverages and shoot the shite.

I think we would. Most definitively on Saturday since at least my flight leaves Sunday morning.

Now since the "weekend" actually goes from Wednesday (at least for some of us), we can actually have a long gathering :lol:

Hi, I'm new to this sight today so I don't even know if this is the right place to look but it seems that somebody on this sight could help me out. I watched Metal:A headbanger's journey(loved it) and now I'm trying to find out more about that outdoor metal show that they went to. I think it was in Wurzberg Germany. I can't find any info on it anywhere. But if this is something that happens every year I need to know because I will make it my life's mission to get there. Can anybody help me out? Please?

metal jess said:
Hi, I'm new to this sight today so I don't even know if this is the right place to look but it seems that somebody on this sight could help me out. I watched Metal:A headbanger's journey(loved it) and now I'm trying to find out more about that outdoor metal show that they went to. I think it was in Wurzberg Germany. I can't find any info on it anywhere. But if this is something that happens every year I need to know because I will make it my life's mission to get there. Can anybody help me out? Please?

Hey Jess, welcome at the UMOS forum !! the show is the Wacken Open Air in Germany, in 20 days or so it's happening, so you'll have to hurry to get there !!

All info is here ; http://www.wacken.com/

Oh, and word is there will be something special going on with Scorpions, MSG and Uli Roth all playing there...

TheWhisper said:
We need to have a UMOS gathering one day of progpower weekend. Hang out, get a bite to eat, have a few beverages and shoot the shite.

Sounds good to me. We ought to plan it fairly early because the calendar of events is rapidly filling up the calendar. :lol: Or something like that.

Thanks guys, so glad you care I'll cry cry cry knowing Uli and Michael will be joining the current line up for a few songs. (that's what I think will be) I sure would've love to have seen Uli take the stage with them in France, but hey, I've seen and met the Scorps, I've seen and met Uli and I've seen and met Michael.... one would think it would be enough...but then again what woman is truly ever really satisfied?!?!!:lol:

New harddrive in... test run tonite. REALLY missed you all! I'll be back in full force soon!:kickass:

Got the stiches out today, was going well up to final one (ouch!). Another month of recovery and i can return to pumping iron. Still a bit sore I will have to put it on iced water.

On other news I went today to a second interview (the psychological one) for the job I'm looking for. Crossing fingers I can get it lately I've been pretty pissed with my actual one.

Wyvern said:
Got the stiches out today, was going well up to final one (ouch!). Another month of recovery and i can return to pumping iron. Still a bit sore I will have to put it on iced water.

On other news I went today to a second interview (the psychological one) for the job I'm looking for. Crossing fingers I can get it lately I've been pretty pissed with my actual one.

Gotta love that stitch removal crap! :erk: Sounds like everything's going like it should. :kickass:

Good luck on the new job. I found that just the act of looking for a new job helps blow off a ton of steam and makes the current one easier to deal with.

Kitty, good luck with the hard drive! You've been missed.

Kitty be sure to backup your data on DVDs. I do so every three-months or so and I keep the old DVDS, so I pnly have to backup the stuff from the last date.

Also I've found the double layer (DVD-9) ones are already available so you can have around 8.5 GB in one disc
headbanger.gif

NP: Doro - 'Haunted Heart'

Wyvern said:

Good luck my brother on all. I think you need to change careers slightly and start making pain pills in a home lab to sell on the black market.

Bryant