General Chat Thread: waves hello

Death Animal said:
But good thing is that I get to that school I was looking for.
4 years of pain start in next month.
What school's that? I do remember you posting those math tests a while back but I just can't remember where the hell you were trying to get to.:lol:

Death Animal said:
It was vocational school.

And you're looking for what career/degree at the end of it?

In anycase good luck with it (which is merely a conventional sentence because YOU KNOW you'll success completely :headbang: )

Bryant said:
Good luck my brother on all. I think you need to change careers slightly and start making pain pills in a home lab to sell on the black market.

Bryant

I was more into a project for bonsai mary jane :lol: Thanks for the good wishes.

Didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question, so I put it here.

Where is Hawk? Haven't noticed him posting here and hope he is well.

Wyvern said:
I was more into a project for bonsai mary jane :lol: Thanks for the good wishes.

No way !! You should use your lab experience with a little chemistry homework to make "magic seeds" just like the "magic beans" of "Jack and the Bean Stalk." Make one plant that grows up to the clouds and you have to cut the buds down with a chainsaw !!! Ha ha ha
Of course I don't have any place for drugs in my life any more. In my younger years I did just about everything though. As I matured, I decided instead, to stick with the one drug that got me into more trouble than all of the others I did combined.......... alcohol. Ha ha ha. I suppose I am living proof you can be 100% metal-head and 100% Alabama redneck at the same time. :kickass:

Bryant

TheWhisper said:
Didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question, so I put it here.

Where is Hawk? Haven't noticed him posting here and hope he is well.

He is being busy with certain circumstances in his life. He's doing fine according to our last communication. He'll be settling soon I hope and back in the forum. Maybe a couple of weeks more :cool:

I'm still thinking on my "Psychedelic Chemistry" book and I'm not kidding is legal as I bought it in Amazon, the author is Michael Valentine Smith (any jokes regarding Heinlein's "Stranger In Strange Land" are welcomed).

I have never done drugs (illegal I mean) but the fun of making them must be great :heh:

All the best to Hawk whatever he's going through!!!

And happy holidays to those who can enjoy some :)

I've seen an awesome swedish prog rock/metal band lately in Versailles, A.C.T., maybe some of you know them?
They're sometimes considered the new sensation in prog, and what a freakin' cool live band they are! So fun, so spontaneous, so classy, so melodic and yet almost experimental at times, so far from the prog clichés, so talented and not afraid to switch from 60's boogie rock to prog metal, so diversified... I've become a new fanboy :)

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAND.asp?band_id=424

Off to Dio's gig in a few hours.

Yesterday was bad, the place entrance is all muddy and the guys of the venuw didn't want to put some sand and slabs to make a trail for the equipment and the people. I hope they did it today morning since it seems is going to rain again, and even if the venue (a tennis court actually) is roofed the entrance is through a green area and rain is serious here.

My friend Darren (the promoter) was pissed since the people in the venue didn't provided the chairs for the VIP section or an area to install the backstage for the band. We hope it'll be under compliance in the morning I hadn't spoke to him yet.

The sound guy was also pissed because it was difficult to get the equipment in and he doesn't like much the acoustic (I like it but I'm not pro :D), and he needs a mobile power plant for the sound and lightning since the guys of the venue doesn't provide that (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I tell you making a metal concrt in here for a visiting band is becoming increasingly difficult. The good venue it used to be back in my hair days :lol: was bought buy a christian association which of course will never allowed metal to be played there (^$@%$!$!$%^#@?!). Stadiums (football) are too big for the crowd here and damn expensive to rent, the rest are never given away because owners fear for the floor (a basketball court) or some other mother-^%$@& excuse.

So this is a try and I hope it goes well otherwise not much is going to come afterwards for the lack of a proper place to play :(

NP: Attentat Rock - L'Enfer

I'm just awake (noon) and my briend still a bit fuzzy :lol:. I have a lot to say but I have to clear my mind and gain some strenght for the post.

I got many pics but I also have to finish the roll and develop the film, hope it came out alright I think I got some nice ones.

I could have talk to Simon, Scott or Rudy (even Dio) but the tour manager was keeping them very jealously and since I was "working" as part of the organization I though it was improper to bother them when we supposedly were keeping the rest of people at bay.

All and all I got a bit of candy, is my pass signed by Rudy Sarzo after the concert

Dio_pass.jpg

NP: Killers - 'Délire De Mort'

That looks great Wyvern !!
Tickets and passes are stupid boring over here...in the 80's tickets were often little pieces of art, now just a stupid one color cart with water marking and barcode on it....

TheWhisper said:
Very nice! I have seen many Dio shows and he has never let me down. Hope you didn't hurt your arm throwing the horns too often..:headbang: :lol:

I may actually :cry: cause it hurts today. I thrown a lot during 'Man On The Silver Moutain' and towards the end we were jumping so hard in 'Heaven And Hell', 'We Rock' and 'Last In Line' that I made the whole sweat of the weekend's gym :lol:

Wyvern said:
And you're looking for what career/degree at the end of it?

In anycase good luck with it (which is merely a conventional sentence because YOU KNOW you'll success completely :headbang: )

Thanx.
I´m not realy sure what the degree I was going cos I have two possibility.

I would want to see Dio too again. He´s concerts rules always.:worship:

Wyvern said:
I may actually :cry: cause it hurts today. I thrown a lot during 'Man On The Silver Moutain' and towards the end we were jumping so hard in 'Heaven And Hell', 'We Rock' and 'Last In Line' that I made the whole sweat of the weekend's gym :lol:

:lol: :lol: :headbang: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you had a good time. The old man can still put on a great show, eh? Rudy Sarzo's a great 'graph to have. that man's seen a whole lot of history in the making and played with quite a few different big names. Take care of that elbow! You're gonna need it to be in top form in a few weeks!

Defining Murphy's Law: Going to dinner with Dio

To make a long rant short the thing goes like this. After the gig on Saturday night Darren (my friend the promoter) put his girlfriend (companion, muse, lover, I still don't know her status) and mutual friend Aisling (charming Irish lady) to talk with Dio (we were pissed since she didn't help with the organization as we do and we got zit) and in the end it seems Ronnie himself talk about dinner at her house.
So the idea was to go to her place (nice big house in the outskirts of the city) and cook dinner for the guys in the band a few of the bunch that helped with the concert.
Basically I confirmed the time and showed at Darren's bookstore at 18:45 just to found him ABSOLUTELY PISSED because the mangement of the hotel went to "kick" the band out of it because an error in the reservations. I mean if you are in the hotel industry you NEVER EVER bang at a guest room's door to evict him/her.
To make things WORSE it seems that touring South America in winter caused with all the weather changes that Dio ended yesterday with sore throat (and still three dates to come in Mexico) and three more crew members sick (this was told to me by Roger the tour manager a cool guy).

So basically we had to end having dinner WITHOUT the band :( in the end, no chat, no pics, no sharing with a living legend of rock (althoug the food and chat among us was great)

Corolary: never get high expectations no matter how good things look, failure at the end of the run right in front of the finish line is just one slip ahead.

Still we carry on ;)

Wyvern said:
Defining Murphy's Law: Going to dinner with Dio

So basically we had to end having dinner WITHOUT the band :( in the end, no chat, no pics, no sharing with a living legend of rock (althoug the food and chat among us was great)

Corolary: never get high expectations no matter how good things look, failure at the end of the run right in front of the finish line is just one slip ahead.

Still we carry on ;)

That sucks dude !! I am sorry you didn't get to spend any time with a living legend. I'll make sure you get to meet ALL of the bands you want to at Prog Power. This particular event usually has the band members walking around the motels hanging out at different parties. Gunther werno (keyboardist for Vanden Plas) hung out with us for a few hours. Urban Breed will certainly be around as well. Most importantly, the most famous guy at PP will be around as well. ME !! I am not talented nor handsome, but I seem to be the unofficial mascot for PP and as long as you are hanging out with me, you will meet a hundred people probably.

Bryant