General Chat Thread: waves hello

Thanks people, you know how is the drill with this kind of events. If you're untouched, you count your blessings and keep on moving. Life only moves onward.

got back from Sacramento and on my way to pick up my truck at the airport. Thank you all for your emails, texts and PM.s it really meant a lot to me! For those that aren't aware, I went to Sacramento again to see my father. He passed away Wed. afternoon, I was there to hold and comfort him and though it was nervewreaking it would;ve broke my heart if he would've been alone. My father was in stage 4 kidney failure amongst other things so he is no longer in any pain.

I´m in love with the sunshine
I´m in love with the falling rain
everything seems to call your name
yesterday you were leaving
leaving life and all the pain
everything wants you back again.
*Monica D. and the Scorpions "We'll burn the sky"

got back from Sacramento and on my way to pick up my truck at the airport. Thank you all for your emails, texts and PM.s it really meant a lot to me! For those that aren't aware, I went to Sacramento again to see my father. He passed away Wed. afternoon, I was there to hold and comfort him and though it was nervewreaking it would;ve broke my heart if he would've been alone. My father was in stage 4 kidney failure amongst other things so he is no longer in any pain.

I´m in love with the sunshine
I´m in love with the falling rain
everything seems to call your name
yesterday you were leaving
leaving life and all the pain
everything wants you back again.
*Monica D. and the Scorpions "We'll burn the sky"

I am sorry to hear that girl. All my best wishes and my condolences.
I'll be thinking about you.

H.

I know I said some on MySpace but my condolences again Krizty. May he rest in peace. Best vibes from me to you and your family.

For those that aren't aware, I went to Sacramento again to see my father. He passed away Wed. afternoon, I was there to hold and comfort him and though it was nervewreaking it would;ve broke my heart if he would've been alone. My father was in stage 4 kidney failure amongst other things so he is no longer in any pain.

Very, very sad. My condolences - such a tragic thing to lose a father.

Very sad indeed. There's nothing like losing a parent, maybe losing a child would be the only thing worse. As I said on myspace, my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family Kristy....

Well I finished filling my tapes shelves. I don't have now space in my house to put another one, so I guess when I record the last of them will be the time to change to digital :puke:

IMG_0399.jpg

The red ones are the virgin tapes, the rest are all since my day of vinyls. Well actually second generation, the first was the old TDKs SA-90, those are the new ones I started to record when I switch from vinyl to CDs back in 1992. After I couldn't find TDKs, I switch to Maxell and after Type II (high bias) dissapeared I switch to Type I (normal).

I'm the last of the old school wackos...except for those who still buy vinyls :lol:

My condolences Kristy, a bit late but I had no idea as I read this section too little. It's a good thing you could comfort your father when he passed away, shows you got a great heart!

@Rolando; glad you are okay after that quake !!

My condolences Kristy, a bit late but I had no idea as I read this section too little. It's a good thing you could comfort your father when he passed away, shows you got a great heart!

Very sad, but glad you had the chance to be there Kristy, I was 25 min late when my Mom passed away in 1993 when i ran inside the hospital the hallway looked so long!!!
Big hug Kristy!!!:cry:

Speaking of messed up natural happenings, I hope Delize is doing ok with the ice, and now the wind in her part of the country. Memories of Montreal a few years back..... :( Holler back at us when you get a chance!

Speaking of messed up natural happenings, I hope Delize is doing ok with the ice,

Yeah she wrote me that the snow is really hard on them, even provoking electrical cuts. I hope this acccursed winter yields for the sake of the Northern hemisphere :erk:

Speaking of messed up natural happenings, I hope Delize is doing ok with the ice, and now the wind in her part of the country. Memories of Montreal a few years back..... :( Holler back at us when you get a chance!

Thanks for thinking about me! :)

I came home Sunday evening after staying away for 5 days and 5 nights with my brother and his family. No way for me to explain how bad the ice storm was, or all the damage done, plus the people who lost their lives. I was lucky I had someone to stay with since most hotels were full or out of power. I'm tired. Hurt my leg, but otherwise I'm ok. I feel like I could sleep a week! :)

Weow, I'm allways cursing at the little freeze and snow we have here, but we never have "extremes" in weather here. The winter is getting on my nerves though, it's snowing again here... I almost don't come outside these days, my backyard looks like hell :)

Weow, I'm allways cursing at the little freeze and snow we have here, but we never have "extremes" in weather here. The winter is getting on my nerves though, it's snowing again here... I almost don't come outside these days, my backyard looks like hell :)

I'll second that. This is the first time in years we've actually had this much snow and it constantly below zero for this long. (ie. 32 Fahrenheit).