General Chat Thread: waves hello

Wyvern... I'm way late to this thread. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I've been going thru some bad times and have to take drugs to sleep. Otherwise, I just don't sleep at all. And that messes with your health also.

Thanks for the words. Yes I've been having this problem since 2001, the problem with the drugs as you rightfully put it is that they take a toll on your health too. So like Alice Cooper sung: Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Actually I can go to sleep pretty much alright by myself, but the quality of sleep after some hours decay, then you woke up in the early dawn, try to got to sleep but your mind spins like a CD, you have dreams, your brain does not rest and you woke up battered.
With the drugs I manage to sleep but we haven't found a combination that puts me out for 8 hours and allows me to wake up fresh without side-effects.
The best part is that after sometime you just got use to it, a credit to dementia like Mustaine said o_O.

Well, tomorrow I have the day off and weekend is coming, I'll see how it goes during these days. But in the end I have to count my blessings, I'm healthy, I'm not having any wasting disease, I have a job and a house in a time of crisis, so keep on rockin' and damn the sleep :headbang:

P.S. I'm going to see "Watchmen" on Saturday? Anyone else is waiting for this one too?

I'd like to see Watchmen too. But without a job I have to watch how I spend my money. Maybe sneak in a couple drinks, but movie theator popcorn will have to be bought. Yummy.

Yes, I know I've been MIA for a while... but I never forget this place or any of you! So a big hello and hug to all my friends here :)Who is going to PP X?

Yes, I know I've been MIA for a while... but I never forget this place or any of you! So a big hello and hug to all my friends here :)Who is going to PP X?

Dunno, you know who are you gonna bunking with? :heh: :p

YOU are! :)

I'll be there, so will a bunch of us! :headbang:

Yippeeeeeeeeeee! Can't wait! :D

It's been a stressful time lately, but I think I am seeing the sun come out again. per say.

Next weekend we are going to pick out 2 new baby rat boys from the breeder... my house feels so empty without the little critters. Freckles, my last old boy passed away last Thursday, I miss him so!

You coming Pabla? Looks like most of UMOS will be there. :kickass:

Damned right!!!! :D

Rolando... are you gonna make it? You can defo bunk with us my dear! It would be so lovely to see you! I am looking forward to seeing all your familiar faces this year! That is the best part of the trip... then comes the music./

Rolando... are you gonna make it? You can defo bunk with us my dear!

Come hell or high water, the UMOS gang needs an evil leader to burn Atlanta :devil:

Bunk with you all will be...an experience. :p

I expect that we can get altogether one day for a picture of all UMOS attendants, will be a neat memento for the years to come.

I know I'm new here, but I really like the crowd here at UM Old School. I feel a part of something. The music and people of old school are what I really look forward to when I come here to UM. I love you guys, man. :lol: Sorry, I've been drinking. Too bad there's no "smiles" of a stumbling drunk dude. Cuz that's me right now.

I know I'm new here, but I really like the crowd here at UM Old School. I feel a part of something. The music and people of old school are what I really look forward to when I come here to UM. I love you guys, man. :lol: Sorry, I've been drinking. Too bad there's no "smiles" of a stumbling drunk dude. Cuz that's me right now.

Appreciate the comment a lot. You have become a good regular too, so thanks for your input, please keep on posting...sober or drunk :p

As for the smilies...here's to you:
drunk.gif

another thing wrong with so called 'METAL' fans:

So I'm at work and this couple comes in looking for some coffee and end tables. As I'm giving them a tour of the showroom I ask the guy how he like the Metallica show at the L.A. forum; being that he is wearing the concert tee. He say's "oH it was okay, but I hate the forum." I then asked if he went to the AC/DC show at the same venue. And he says "No, I'm more of a old 80's classic meat and potatos metal fan." I say, "so you like Sabbath, Priest and Maiden then?" He says "No, they sing to much a fairies, trolls and dragons." It was too much for me to handle so I politely asked what music he does like and he says "Well, I like guns n roses mostly and Def Leppard." So much for meat and potatos metal huh?:lol:

FORBIDDEN LAST NIGHT KICKED MAJOR ASS!!!!! Was good to see my friend Smyth and his lovely wife Niki again! Quick west coast jaunt then the guys head to Europe! :headbang:

I know :D

I will see them again too... Great live band indeed, they absolutely kick ass !!!

Something different;
sometimes I have an unstoppable urge to bash on things and I found some new victims in Sun o))). Drone possibly, but Metal? NO FUCKING WAY !!! I hate this artsy fartsy stuff that seems to be the new holy grail for some so-called metal-fans.. So I went out on youtube and stuff and got banned by several people already...Nice ! :lol:

sometimes I have an unstoppable urge to bash on things and I found some new victims in Sun o)))

I love doom, maybe more than thrash and sometime even power. But I need my doom clean, epic, energetic with flavor. I can't stand 20 mins of a single note with buzz trying like you said to by artsy. I had my punishment with Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine (just because Lee Dorian from Cathedral was in the project) but I can listen to that albu maybe once a year.

Sorry not stoner, not drone, not funeral, nor sludge for me. Give me Candlemass, Solstice, Solitude Aeturnus, Well Of Souls, Thunderstorm, Doomshine, Count Raven, Minotauri, Orodruin, Saint Vitus, Trouble, Pentagram, Cathedral, Forsaken, Place Of Skulls, Abstrakt Algebra, Krux, World Below, Last Chapter, Hour Of 13, Memento Mori, Memory Garden, Witchfinder General, Church Of Misery (a bit more stoner but ok) or even Grand Magus (they're to me more like really heavy metal with doom influences but not really pure doom).