General Chat Thread: waves hello

I know I'm new here, but I really like the crowd here at UM Old School. I feel a part of something. The music and people of old school are what I really look forward to when I come here to UM. I love you guys, man. :lol: Sorry, I've been drinking. Too bad there's no "smiles" of a stumbling drunk dude. Cuz that's me right now.

People say the truth when they are drunk, so that's a very nice sentiment there! :)

another thing wrong with so called 'METAL' fans:

So I'm at work and this couple comes in looking for some coffee and end tables. As I'm giving them a tour of the showroom I ask the guy how he like the Metallica show at the L.A. forum; being that he is wearing the concert tee. He say's "oH it was okay, but I hate the forum." I then asked if he went to the AC/DC show at the same venue. And he says "No, I'm more of a old 80's classic meat and potatos metal fan." I say, "so you like Sabbath, Priest and Maiden then?" He says "No, they sing to much a fairies, trolls and dragons." It was too much for me to handle so I politely asked what music he does like and he says "Well, I like guns n roses mostly and Def Leppard." So much for meat and potatos metal huh?:lol:

LMAO! :lol:Maiden may have a "dinosaur" song, but I never heard one about faries... if there is such a thing, I'd love to hear it :lol:

I know :D

I will see them again too... Great live band indeed, they absolutely kick ass !!!

Something different;
sometimes I have an unstoppable urge to bash on things and I found some new victims in Sun o))). Drone possibly, but Metal? NO FUCKING WAY !!! I hate this artsy fartsy stuff that seems to be the new holy grail for some so-called metal-fans.. So I went out on youtube and stuff and got banned by several people already...Nice ! :lol:

:lol: always getting into trouble, heh? In general I don't like when people get "pompous" period...

...or a leader to fall asleep in Atlanta :lol:

Just kiddin, love ya baby! :heh:

Hey, it's gonna be a whole new experience.... a mass nap. Just imagine the DVD sequence with all UMOS together sleeping in the chairs :saint:

Hey, it's gonna be a whole new experience.... a mass nap. Just imagine the DVD sequence with all UMOS together sleeping in the chairs :saint:

I don't think Glenn would want that kind of footage on his next Prog Power DVD :lol:

How are you doing buddy? Everything OK in Costa Rica?

How are you doing buddy? Everything OK in Costa Rica?

You know like the rest of the world...in trouble. Since I work for the government I'm on a safer position than other people who have lost their jobs (a lot USA companies that use to outsource here and now cut the branches). Besides that it's the same crappy country from the last 10 years :cry:

OH, and my speakers died on me juts now :cry:, I have to go and buy new ones (ouch), a computer without sound it's to surreal for me.

You know like the rest of the world...in trouble. Since I work for the government I'm on a safer position than other people who have lost their jobs (a lot USA companies that use to outsource here and now cut the branches). Besides that it's the same crappy country from the last 10 years :cry:

OH, and my speakers died on me juts now :cry:, I have to go and buy new ones (ouch), a computer without sound it's to surreal for me.

So you work for the devil huh? I know, things are bad al over the world, we just make the best of it!

Only 4 months to go to PP!!!! Can't wait... I need a vacation and to see my friends.

Did you get new speakers? What else have you been up to?

So you work for the devil huh? I know, things are bad al over the world, we just make the best of it!

Only 4 months to go to PP!!!! Can't wait... I need a vacation and to see my friends.

Did you get new speakers? What else have you been up to?

Yeah, you know like the BOC songs says I'm living for giving the devil his due, but I'm not like the guy in "Reaper", I'm more like a codemned soul with its own agenda in Hell :Smokedev:

Only 4 months?, still seems like an eternity to me, I want so bad that vacation will all of you :hotjump:

Yes I do get some speakers. Genius, not as good a brand like my dead Altech Lansing but they do give me the sound I need for the time I'm on my computer listening to something, so they do the job properly. Next year as soon as Windows Vista is off the market I'll get a new customized computer (if I could) with a better video and sound card, more memory and a damn Blu-Ray burner, a real mean machine :heh:

What about you, how's life in sunny SoCal? Already preordered "Flight 666"?

My Advice: Instead of blowing $300 on Altec Lansings, get a shelftop system with a line in jack.

I got really lucky and got an RCA 150 Watt shelftop system with a line in for $25 at a pawn shop. Sounds absolutely killer. You won't find computer speakers that even come close. Maybe if you get up in the $300+ Range but it's still doubtful. :kickass:

My Advice: Instead of blowing $300 on Altec Lansings, get a shelftop system with a line in jack.

My old Altec Lansing cost me around $60 (new) with a line in jack ;). I never paid over that for a couple of speakers for my computer. They just fo companionship, if I want to listen to music I use my Technics system on the living room.

a friend discovered a very old pic of us visiting a graveyard for pics. I'm the blur on the right side. Not a real good pic but it was great to see again :) must be circa 1981-82.

n1222305560_2061036_2739962.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. Anybody pick up the DEATH ANGEL dvd yet? Hope to pick it up soon plus: new MEGADETH-IRON MAIDEN :headbang:

Maiden shipping from across the pond

I found today in a record store "Flight 666" both the DVD and CD. I was about to buy them until I realized that buying them through Amazon, paying S&H inside USA (the price togteher is under $25) and then the S&H fees of my courier from Miami to my hands is still cheaper. So I preordered it and will wait until June 9th :D

So I was flipping channels earlier and I came across the new Harold and Kumar movie. Haven't seen the first and missed most of this, but seems decently funny for a B comedy.

Anywho, 5 seconds after I tuned in they featured an obscure Great White song in the movie, "Stick It" off their quite heavy debut album before they became a blues rock band.

I thought it was neat. :)