General Chat Thread: waves hello

Greetings from Costa Rica from Unfaithfully Metalhead and Wyvern to our fellow siblings in arms at UMOS:

IMG_1369.jpg

*the cute one is me, the other is UM :lol:*

If I look too happy is because Larry tried to kill me with a shot of straight Grey Goose vodka :kickass:
me back... :). oh come on Wyv, the Grey Goose vodka was mild :heh: I didn't feel it that night though i did next day >> :loco: :zombie: o_O Wyv on GG Vdk>>> :OMG:

Killer picture! Wish I could come to Costa Rica! Great to see you together. :)
Would of been cool to have a pic of all 3 of us... :kickass:

me back... :). oh come on Wyv, the Grey Goose vodka was mild :heh: I didn't feel it that night though i did next day >> :loco: :zombie: o_O Wyv on GG Vdk>>> :OMG:

Would of been cool to have a pic of all 3 of us... :kickass:

That Grey Goose straight was awful (but hit the spot), next time wither we did a Screwdriver or a White Russian.

Had a wonderful night with you Larry. may it happens again :headbang:. And I told you Hawk it's a promise, one day we will be a bunch of us together posing for the camera :)

So I installed a new beta trial version of Windows 7. Thus far I'm very unimpressed.

This was supposed to be their move at correcting a lot of the bloat and problems with Vista. Although I haven't used it much, I have several issues:
- The new icons look like crap, especially next to the clock. They're black and white and 2D. This is 2009 for god's sake, not windows 3.1
- The start menu sucks. I can't get it back to the same start menu I've used since 95. I hate the XP / Vista one.
- Compatibility issues with several programs I tried to install that work with Vista. Not a good sign.

I will say, I'm happy they turned off gadgets as a default and they seemed to remove a couple of stupid vista things which really slows your computer down. Setting up a network was a breeze too, so they've followed Apple's example in that department.

So I installed a new beta trial version of Windows 7. Thus far I'm very unimpressed.

This was supposed to be their move at correcting a lot of the bloat and problems with Vista. Although I haven't used it much, I have several issues:
- The new icons look like crap, especially next to the clock. They're black and white and 2D. This is 2009 for god's sake, not windows 3.1
- The start menu sucks. I can't get it back to the same start menu I've used since 95. I hate the XP / Vista one.
- Compatibility issues with several programs I tried to install that work with Vista. Not a good sign.

I will say, I'm happy they turned off gadgets as a default and they seemed to remove a couple of stupid vista things which really slows your computer down. Setting up a network was a breeze too, so they've followed Apple's example in that department.

I haven't tried Windows 7 yet because I've been told that if I install it, I can't go back to XP if anything goes wrong (I like XP Pro, it's the best since W98 SE). Besides I will wait until they purge some bugs, meaning I will get a new computer when W7 becomes the standard OS and Vista has gone. Actually I'm using my computer less than I used to so I don't have a hurry to upgrade my system.

Oh thank god. I came on this board half expecting to see a thread about Michael Jackson.

Not under my watch :heh:, any threads show here about that...guy will be moved to another forum. Call me what you want but I'm not going to have threads about him in here :err:.

If anyone wants to put a thread about a celebrity's death do it about Farrah Fawcett may she rest in peace after her long battle with cancer :(

Played a show last night. We had original drummer TJ filling in for Humper who's been outta town. We ended up getting pushed back 1.5 hours from our set time (we were supposed to go on @ midnight and didn't start the first song until about 1:25, curfew @ 2). Which meant we had a lot of friends in the audience who had to leave having to work and stuff in the morning.

So on top of the screwed up time slot, the drummer busted up his hand something fierce and ANNIHILATED HIS SNARE DRUM:

TJBrokenSnareHole.jpg

4 songs into the set TJ goes "I've got a hole in the snare!" It was small and patched with duct tape. After the next song he goes "the snares on my drum are busted!" (the belt underneath the snare which gives it that cracking song. Song after that he says "Well, my snare is toast" and holds up what was basically the picture above. The drummer from 2 bands before us saved our asses and handed over his.

Here's a rough mix of Paranoid and Breaking the Law last night. The Multitracks I got don't have the lead vocals on it so they sound really distant and "reverby". They sound slightly off time, in real life they weren't, but reverb delays the sound.

Was there a thread on the new Wolf album?

Hey Zeppie, what's going out with you all this time? How's fatherhood? Drop from time to time to leave a message don't become a stranger ;)

And yes the thread is here:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old-school/471673-wolf-ravenous.html

@ midnight and didn't start the first song until about 1:25, curfew @ 2). Which meant we had a lot of friends in the audience who had to leave having to work and stuff in the morning.

Curfew? You mean the law forces you to be out by 2:00 or in your house?

So on top of the screwed up time slot, the drummer busted up his hand something fierce and ANNIHILATED HIS SNARE DRUM:

Nickname him the Snare Slayer :lol:

Curfew? You mean the law forces you to be out by 2:00 or in your house?

No no. The bar has to stop at 2 AM - Noise By-law. Plus last call is 1:45 and everyone's gotta be out by 2 (except the band).

Nickname him the Snare Slayer :lol:

He's already the "Race Horse" (Open Your Eyes), and dammit, he ain't getting 2 nicknames!

Here's a rough mix of Paranoid and Breaking the Law from last night.

Mean machine Brandon!, enjoy it and don't abuse it beyond the necessary :p

Yesterday I woke a bit upset in my esophagus, but I thought it's because my usual bad sleep. I went to work normally but once I arrived there I started to feel terrible and then suddenly I thrown up, after that I thought I was feeling better even I had a fruit and my small lunch, but in the early afternoon I had to go more than usual to the throne and I thought well this is not my usual stomach upset so my co-workers and my boss told me to go home and get checked by a physician.

In a nutshell I have a gastrointestinal virus, when the doctor checked me I was already dehydrated, so I spent the rest of yesterday's afternoon/evening drinking serum (and running to the bathroom). I have to stay with liquids and maybe a bit of soft solids tomorrow, the good thing are that I'm home and don't have to work until Thursday and that the virus is not ebola, AIDS or AH1N1 :saint:

Feel much better today but I'm not gonna push myself beyond the doctor orders I want to be fully recovered by Friday since I had a birthday celebration for a friend of mine and I don't want to fail her.