General Chat Thread: waves hello

Trading snow for rain any day in here (thankfully we still on the dry season), but after March please give me snow and take away the rain!

Thank you all for the well wishes. It means a lot to me.

Delize and others, I'm sending some of CA sunshine your way. We've been in the high 70's and are now moving into some rainy weather for the next few days. So sunshine is on the way!

Delize and others, I'm sending some of CA sunshine your way. We've been in the high 70's and are now moving into some rainy weather for the next few days. So sunshine is on the way!

Mind if I take some too? For the past 2 days it's been -35 (Farenhiet - about the same in celcius). Being outside for longer than about 30 seconds is pure torture. I'm amazed I still have my face in tact.

Thanks Kitty! We did get the Sun today, :) but still cold. This weekend is to be more near our normal temps.

Note:
Amazing how things change so fast. For the last few days it's been in the 60s.

I just received a strongly worded letter from a "fan" on myspace telling us how badly we ripped off Loudness with Infidel.

You'd think if you were going to go to that much trouble to call a band a group of fuckers that you'd at least get the song right you're criticizing them for! :Smug:

I just received a strongly worded letter from a "fan" on myspace telling us how badly we ripped off Loudness with Infidel.

You'd think if you were going to go to that much trouble to call a band a group of fuckers that you'd at least get the song right you're criticizing them for! :Smug:

Ah, don't care..I also bash bands for little details like that when I'm in a bad mood.... Just think the guy's wive just kicked him outa bed and he needs to loose his stress somewhere else :lol:

a) I still don't hear enough similarities to call it a rip-off. Same as I mentioned before between Pink Floyd 'One Of These Days' and Black Sabbath 'Children Of The Grave' intro it's a case of certain coincidence.

b) It's not like Dream Evil with 'Bringing The Metal Back' where they accept it totally that was too much of a rip-off of Judas Priest to put it on any album (but it's a great tribute IMO). 'Infidel' was a case of subconscious work I'm sure.

c) Did you tell the guy to go and screw himself to death with a 55 gallon drum? :heh:

a) I still don't hear enough similarities to call it a rip-off. Same as I mentioned before between Pink Floyd 'One Of These Days' and Black Sabbath 'Children Of The Grave' intro it's a case of certain coincidence.

b) It's not like Dream Evil with 'Bringing The Metal Back' where they accept it totally that was too much of a rip-off of Judas Priest to put it on any album (but it's a great tribute IMO). 'Infidel' was a case of subconscious work I'm sure.

c) Did you tell the guy to go and screw himself to death with a 55 gallon drum? :heh:

A. Infidel isn't a rip off (It was in the Night he was talking about but wrote the wrong song)
B. Yeah, don't forget the drums for brining back the metal was also a Sweet rip off. The whole Time listening to that song I kept replacing their lyrics for Priest. Stand By For Excitaaah!
C. In more diplomatic terms, yes I did.

Ah, don't care..I also bash bands for little details like that when I'm in a bad mood....

I can see it now Gert, "Final Stage, you've ruined my life for ripping off ______, assholes!" Which totally isn't fair. You should hate us for being assholes, not for ripping someone off. :lol:

You should hate us for being assholes, not for ripping someone off. :lol:

Well Yngwie is also one and look where he is :p

Mark my words, Final Stage is going to make it big and be there at the Canadian pantheon with Exciter, Anvil, Rush, Thriumph, Saga and more (specially Black Knight which never got the proper respect :worship:).

And besides ripping off Loudness it's cult and original, how many bands out here rip off Maiden or Priest sound? :err:

I know you all are going to say I'm insane, but I hope you understand my viewpoint.

A minute ago an acquaintance who works for the major newspaper here told me she got the rights for those who have been written about today's Iron Mainden concert here to visit the band backstage as journalists. I turned it down.

a) I have an appointment with my physyician
b) I still in the process of recovering from the flu (and the weather is cold and windy)
c) I promised that i wouldn't go to the concert for several reasons, and just because now it's for free, that won't change my mind. And besides taking advantage of that would make me hypocritical (sure he doesn't go paying, but will go as a freebie).
d) Chances are they restrict the press acccess in the last minute (it happened the last time).
e) the venue is far for me and I'm not sure if there will be parking available nearby. And in my actual condition I will not go in public transportation (that sucks in this country).
f) the organizers banned from entry the arena: any drink or food, metal buckles (do you know any belt without a metal buckle?), spikes, cameras of any sort. I mean is a fucking metal concert not the London Symphony Orchestra at the National Theatre! Who the fuck they think they are? (one of the reasons I don't want to attend)

So yes I turned down the possible chance of meeting Maiden and maybe see the concert for free. I had a terible night, I just want to go to the doctor, then home, then rest. On Friday I'll take the day off to check the flights to Atlanta, Prog Power, that is worth to make the effort even if I don't meet any artist.
There's a time and a place for everything in life, this was not the right one.

I know you all are going to say I'm insane, but I hope you understand my viewpoint.

A minute ago an acquaintance who works for the major newspaper here told me she got the rights for those who have been written about today's Iron Mainden concert here to visit the band backstage as journalists. I turned it down.

A wise choice. Your health is way more important. Well done buddy. Another day will come. :)

A wise choice. Your health is way more important. Well done buddy. Another day will come. :)

Was more than health issues and time constrains, was some matter of principles for me too. I'm not confortable with some management decisions regarding the concert and besides I already listened to them a few months ago. Like you say another day will come...for other bands :headbang:

Just read the story Wyv. Damn shame about the Maiden tix / BStage passes!

Hope you're feeling better.

a) No shame at all, better things may come :saint:

b) Not really, besides the pain in my legs from the new exercise program the new medication for sleep killed me yesterday. I was sleepy basically all morning and then I feel nauseated in the afternoon.
I went to the gym anyway to stretch the muscles and called my doctor and we agree to split in half the dose. But I didn't sleep well (again!) and now I feel a bit under the weather. :zombie:

Luckily tomorrow I will take the day off, so I'll have more time to rest and evaluate the medication side effects. If i don't see an improvement I'll cut them and back to the old ones until I can talk to the doctor again.

Life sure is complicate :loco:

Wyvern... I'm way late to this thread. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I've been going thru some bad times and have to take drugs to sleep. Otherwise, I just don't sleep at all. And that messes with your health also.

As it's said in a great movie from 1987ish, "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything." As the bad guy starts the torture machine and the screaming starts.