General Chat Thread: waves hello

Congrats! I'm sure you will got it and therefore have one hell of a weekend to celebrate.

Thanks man! I sure hope so. They're gonna have to show me a little money. :lol:

I call today and the position is awaiting the signature of "the guy". Also today i went to ask for my rap sheet (I think that's how's call in USA to your crimininal file) because is required for the job.

Can you believe it took less than 2 minutes to have the paper? It took me more to drive to the place, buy the stamps and stick it in the paper than actually getting the document. Incredible good for the government, but I felt like cheated with the efficiency :loco:

Ah, and to worsen things IT CAME OUT CLEAN! (there goes my reputation as a mean metalhead :cry: ).

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's all right. You've got plenty of time to manufacture a bad boy rep.

THANK YOU ALL for you kinds words and support. It means a lot to me. Spent a couple days up North, dad is doing well though not much time left on his clock. We talked about arrangements to be made and discussed him moving into a Veteran's home. There is one in the Napa Valley http://www.cdva.ca.gov/homes/ygallery1.aspwhich is beautiful and he'll get a nice place to live, with lots of activities. Not so sure he'll be into rooming with anyone but it's worth a try. They'll take 47% of his social security and pay for everything else, lodging, meals, medical... to me it sounds like a great plan. We'll see what happens. I just downloaded all the forms we need to get this going most of all requesting a copy of his DD214, which is THE paperwork you always need. (seperation paperwork from the military)

Wyv and Wheez, best of luck with your new jobs/interviews!!!

THANK YOU ALL for you kinds words and support. It means a lot to me. Spent a couple days up North, dad is doing well though not much time left on his clock.

Sorry to heard that dear. I know how things are there so I hope this arrangement suits him properly. He's veteran from Korea or Nam?

Glad anyway that you sorted most things out, and thanks for the good wishes. :wave:

NP: Freedom Call - 'Magic Moments'

THANK YOU ALL for you kinds words and support. It means a lot to me. Spent a couple days up North, dad is doing well though not much time left on his clock. We talked about arrangements to be made and discussed him moving into a Veteran's home. There is one in the Napa Valley http://www.cdva.ca.gov/homes/ygallery1.aspwhich is beautiful and he'll get a nice place to live, with lots of activities.

Looks like a really nice place. Good luck with that. You know we're all thinking about you. I know it's a hard road you're on right now. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Thanks! It went just fine. I'll find out tomorrow for sure.

All my best wishes during these hard times Kitty, I hope they will be quality times with your Dad.

In other news, I submit my resignation letter today. I'm not a number I'm a free man! Well, until I start with my new job (I hope) in a couple of weeks or so.
Feels so good when you finally take a decision, the hardest part is always to make up your mind ;)
Congratulations on the move Wyv, and you know what? That's exactly how I feel right now.
I'm about to give my resignation letter (on Monday) as I've got another (better) job starting late August in Paris, but now my company has just made me convincing propositions to make me stay at all cost. I've got to make up my mind about that very quickly, it's a situation I've never known before...

Both, he served from 1951 to 1964

My deepest respect to the man, hope his health is improving.

I'm about to give my resignation letter (on Monday) as I've got another (better) job starting late August in Paris, but now my company has just made me convincing propositions to make me stay at all cost. I've got to make up my mind about that very quickly, it's a situation I've never known before...

I haven't been exactly like that but my advice is:

1. Is NEVER about the money. If a company tries to hold you on the basis of the salary then they will always step on you since they know your motivation
  2. Is ALWAYS about self-realisation, satisfaction with one's work, you have to be happy with what you do independently of the money. You'll never strave, but peace of mind have no price.
  3. Then you have to evaluate:
  • working hours
  • extra time payment
  • free time during the week
  • control (marking clock, come and go as you like, etc)
  • co-workers relationship
  • boss and/or subordinates relationships
  • vacation disponibility
  • conmuting time to reach the job
  • seniority (years working for a company)
I'm moving to a job in the government from the private sector. That means, less money, more conmuting time (ergo more gas consumption) but also better probabilities to reach a civil service position (which means you have job for life basically, all the holidays by law, cummulative vacations after the first year, possibilities of courses paid by the ministry, and above all LESS STRESS. And that peace of mind is what I need now.

Good luck on your decision mon ami with all my best vibes. And remember bad or good making a choice is what it counts, uncertainty is what kills a human soul. Worst case scenario toss a coin and may the force be with you.

NP: Hammerhawk - 'Low Rider'

THANK YOU ALL for you kinds words and support. It means a lot to me. Spent a couple days up North, dad is doing well though not much time left on his clock. We talked about arrangements to be made and discussed him moving into a Veteran's home. There is one in the Napa Valley http://www.cdva.ca.gov/homes/ygallery1.aspwhich is beautiful and he'll get a nice place to live, with lots of activities. Not so sure he'll be into rooming with anyone but it's worth a try. They'll take 47% of his social security and pay for everything else, lodging, meals, medical... to me it sounds like a great plan. We'll see what happens. I just downloaded all the forms we need to get this going most of all requesting a copy of his DD214, which is THE paperwork you always need. (seperation paperwork from the military)

I'm WAYYYY late on this, but sorry to hear about your dad not being well. As we age our parents age too, and I'm going through a lot of that with my dad in the last year or so. Hope he's doing better!

J-Dubya

Thanks my metal brother!! I hope you and your father are doing well and spending quality time together. That is after all, all we can wish for in life, good times with great people!

Well the deed is done. Yesterday was my last day in my job, today I was running getting letters and more papers to complete the application for my new job...I start tomorrow :zombie:

No rest for the wicked, isn't it? :saint:

I tell more about it as soon as I made reckon of the battlefield to be :lol:

NP: Dream Theater - 'The Ministry Of Lost Souls'

Well the deed is done. Yesterday was my last day in my job, today I was running getting letters and more papers to complete the application for my new job...I start tomorrow :zombie:

That indeed is pretty fast!!!...reminds me of the job I have now. I finished my military duty on Friday noon, went for a job application Friday afternoon and started the next Monday. Things can go fast when you don't expect them to. Hope you found that job that fits you now !

Hope you found that job that fits you now !

Me too. But a lot is to mentalize yourself ow much you want to grow in the job and thus how much you find the best in it. After all there's not such thing as a perfect job, so sorting on the positive stuff will help you deal with whatever does not fit with your ideals of the "dream job".

In anycase I'll be working in a laboratory at least :Smokin: , and 8:00-16:00 (M-F) is not a bad schedule either ;) And after some months I'll probably become as lazy as any other employee, long live the government! :lol:

Now onto serious matters, how's your face doing? What are the doctors saying?

NP: Megadeth - 'Washington Is Next'

Now onto serious matters, how's your face doing? What are the doctors saying?

Well, It's still improving; I got taste back on the left side of my tongue, I can make a little frown with the left eye-brow and even a little "Mona Lisa" smile on the left with a little effort. My lower eye lid doesn't work yet, so I have some problems with that eye drying out. Also hearing is better on the left side (I got hyperacusis, wich means hard sounds sound REAL hard), went to concert last weekend and could well stand the noise standing in the back.
Thing that bothers me most now is my smile...I love to have fun and smile but it gives a quit crooked smile now, hope to recover that little muscle in the corner of my mounth quickly. Recovery can take up to a year though, or...never. That's the real shit of Bell's Palsy, it's impossible to put a recovery time on it. But as the rest of my face is improving, it's very likely everything will become as before in another month or 2....
Had some talking with my physiotherapist today. It's very strange, like making that "Mona Lisa" smile 5 times in a row tires you out !! Can you imagine if someone has a paralised leg and tries to move that !! It really makes me respect disabled people alot more; Feeling a little what being paralizes is, gives a good impression how disabled people feel, and compared to that my case is quite "futile" !!

Well, It's still improving; I got taste back on the left side of my tongue, I can make a little frown with the left eye-brow and even a little "Mona Lisa" smile on the left with a little effort. My lower eye lid doesn't work yet, so I have some problems with that eye drying out. Also hearing is better on the left side (I got hyperacusis, wich means hard sounds sound REAL hard), went to concert last weekend and could well stand the noise standing in the back.
Thing that bothers me most now is my smile...I love to have fun and smile but it gives a quit crooked smile now, hope to recover that little muscle in the corner of my mounth quickly. Recovery can take up to a year though, or...never. That's the real shit of Bell's Palsy, it's impossible to put a recovery time on it. But as the rest of my face is improving, it's very likely everything will become as before in another month or 2....
Had some talking with my physiotherapist today. It's very strange, like making that "Mona Lisa" smile 5 times in a row tires you out !! Can you imagine if someone has a paralised leg and tries to move that !! It really makes me respect disabled people alot more; Feeling a little what being paralizes is, gives a good impression how disabled people feel, and compared to that my case is quite "futile" !!

My condolences and best wishes of recovery. I suppose the inlt thing left is patience :cry:

Cool! :kickass: Mine's in the wait and see mode right now. The interview on Tuesday went really well and they're checking my references. They told me I'm the top candidate so we'll see what that amounts to. Hopefully I'll know by the weekend and then I may have a big decision to make too. :ill:

Hello my friends - just popping in to let you know that I have two great concerts coming up - I won 2 tickets to see Meat Loaf tomorrow night at the SECC in Glasgow and the following night I'm away to see the mighty Saxon - wooohooooo. So hyped up about Saxon that I feel physically sick. Meat Loaf, well I wouldn't have bought tickets cos I'm not huge fan but I did see him about 20 years ago and he did indeed put on a great show - especially PAradise by the Dashboard Light, that was SUPERB. Anyhooo there's supposed to be a big load of pyros etc., so I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Cool! :kickass: Mine's in the wait and see mode right now. The interview on Tuesday went really well and they're checking my references. They told me I'm the top candidate so we'll see what that amounts to. Hopefully I'll know by the weekend and then I may have a big decision to make too. :ill:

I know you'll make it, you're my bro ;) As for the big decision, it doesn't matter as long as you MAKE it. And remember I know USA is very different but in the end look for something that appeals to you and your sense of pride as a human and a professional. Money is secondary (even with mortgages, and so many other weird things you people have) because it'll never buy you peace of mind. I learnt it the very hard way, but in the end I figure it out what was best for my interests, regarding of the salary. And when all amalysis fails, toss a coin :rolleyes:

NP: Allen/Lande - 'Obsessed'