General Chat

Besides listening to music, and seeking out new music to appreciate (which I have to admit I spend most of my spare/alone time doing). I work my seriously soul destroying job (generating leads for an insurance company) full-time, drink beer, collect vinyl and 'shit', watch a lot of horror movies, write (although not as much as should), play the odd bit of basketball, and dream of a better world...

How about yourself?

I play basketball quite often, I used to play for our national team (Under 17). I also have a soul crushing job (Typist / Translator) where I'm surrounded by holier than thou "know it all's" (sarcastically enough they know shite! IT'S CALLED USB PEOPLE NOT UBS OR UPS!). Furthermore, I study mechanical engineering whilst dreaming of a career in Thrash metal.. Sigh.

Oh, best sport in the world man! I used to play for a team myself at one point, but never at that level! Hah. A soul crushing job is still a job, I guess. There's lots of people in the world who are struggling to find work and are far less fortunate than me - so I shouldn't complain!

Never give up the dream man! Remember, all 'somebodies' started off as 'nobodies'.

Oh and seems like I missed your posted in the 'newcomers' thread... so I'll take this opportunity to say welcome from me! :kickass:

Yeah man basketball is a great way to let off some steam, especially dunking over somebody or block-shotting them right in the face :D
Cheers for the welcome!

This forum is the first I actually enjoy visiting :lol:

I'm short. Basketball and I don't get along. :lol:

When not listening to awesome music, I read far too many comic books, play far too many video games and work far too many hours in a retail store. Oh, and I own a beard hat. Fuck yeah.

Play video games and chill.
Other than that doing a maths degree consumes a lot of my life and thoughts.
Oh! And rollerblading. Started doing that an hour or 2 a day when I have time and weather permits, funnily enough I went to the basket ball courts today.

This forum is the first I actually enjoy visiting :lol:

Hmm... that sounds oddly familiar.

I'm short. Basketball and I don't get along. :lol:

Does that mean since I'm black, I'm best friends with Basketball? :p

When not listening to awesome music, I read far too many comic books, play far too many video games and work far too many hours in a retail store. Oh, and I own a beard hat. Fuck yeah.

...and you call yourself boring! Liar!

Anyway, I like to day dream a lot, dick around on the internet, play Yu-Gi-Oh with friends and... well, that's about it. I wanna try getting into more volunteering and a bit of writing, but my attempts are, well, shit... need to work on it. :lol:

And the career I'll be hoping to get will be an Accounting. Which isn't soul crushing b/c of people getting hurt and stuff. It'll be because the tediousness of having to prepare balance sheet after balance sheet, making trial balances equal even though they never will, dealing with accounts payable and receivable, and such. TL;DR version, because its mindnumbingly boring.

I'm short but me and basketball get along just fine! Of course I struggle to guard taller opponents... but as a guard my game is all about assists, steals and knocking down the open shot. Though saying that I rarely play anymore, at all. The game will always have a place in my heart though.

I'm not that tall my self, I'm about 6'3 and I fit in just fine, it all depends on your position and whatnot. I actually enjoy some our mech. engineering tasks, such as calculating conduction, convection and radiation heat flow through walls, surfaces, windows etc etc. Does get boring after 4 hours of constant solving. I've been wanting to read comics for quite a while now, but they're so damn expensive over here, just like everything else.

My dad always wanted me to play basketball because I am somewhat tall, but I was a dwarf compared to a lot of the people on my high schools' basketball teams. Plus, I was never that great at it. Hockey's the game for me, even though I'm not much better at that. :lol: