GMD Poll: Kreator's Discography Ranked

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
wow, l get that bands get bored and want to try new stuff - that's fine. I was really not prepared for Mille' vocal on that tho. and the music? yeah it's mid-paced bored uninspiring tripe. trying to gather a bit more mainstream success maybe or making an album for themselves and experimenting a bit? who cares. but l will not be listening to that again

15) Endorama (1999)

R-3624651-1373381334-4916.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 1.6/15

I honestly don't see how anyone can like Endorama, it's Kreator's "Cold Lake." Oh well.

Endorama isn't horrible and is certainly better than Slayer's trash material. Endorama is disturbing at first because Kreator aren't supposed to be a rock band playing love songs, but if you shut your eyes and open your mind some of the songs are pretty good. Some are pretty bad. The live version of Golden Age is vastly better than the album version.

13) Gods of Violence (2017)

R-9732653-1584284550-1964.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 3.6/15

One of the best albums I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. The songs and production is nothing short of brilliant. guitar riffs just hit u between the eyes, great lyrics and singing, by far there best Album.
I have never been a huge Kreator fan, but they now have a new fan. Congrats.

Sounds just like Phantom Antichrist to me. Nothing special.

Great lyrics? Satan is real. Makes me cringe. Regular Kreator.

12) Renewal (1992)

R-461955-1271057904.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 4.5

Renewal - decent-good songs recorded horribly - painful

a great band, they're in my top 10
it's not a surprise that nobody has ever mentioned ''Renewal'', which is very much underrated, and the best Kreator album

HamburgerBoy said:
Renewal is a lot groovier, but it's the only Kreator album that actually shows some song-to-song variation. Actually, putting it in fourth was probably too low. It's very good stuff.

wow, l get that bands get bored and want to try new stuff - that's fine. I was really not prepared for Mille' vocal on that tho. and the music? yeah it's mid-paced bored uninspiring tripe. trying to gather a bit more mainstream success maybe or making an album for themselves and experimenting a bit? who cares. but l will not be listening to that again
Wait, so you went to all the effort of listening to the band's worst album for this thread and then didn't add it to your list anyway?

Brick-Tamland.gif

10) Hoardes of Chaos (2009)

R-2378906-1280575652.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 5.5/15

Really haven't been impressed with Hordes of Chaos, the lyrical construction is face-palmingly bad imo.

Kreator - Hated Hordes of Chaos...Vocals sound like shit

Agreed on Cosmogenesis. Fantastic album that gets better with every spin. Only other 2009 metal album I've heard so far is Hordes of Chaos, which is also awesome, but not quite as good.

8) Violent Revolution (2001)

R-2088960-1417811739-3149.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 5.9/15

Since nobody else mentioned them...

K R E A T O R !!!!

One of the best albums in recent times: Violent Revolution.

I thought Violent Revolution was really good but I can't even listen to any Kreator beyond that anymore.

And btw the last two Kreator albums have been just as good, if not better than Violent Revolution

beyond torment said:
i find kreator's comeback albums being the best of the bunch. i like violent revolution(+live kreation) the most and even tho their other albums are steps below, at least they make for good workout music.

Reactions: CiG
7) Phantom Antichrist (2012)

LalLqVxSUeP-QWWfn26RVxj-HMZbRfY3Us2Rq_EY9joQN-yBvF2k2seNCn99sAYovwwsx5QSwqG4GGAvW4x_KBJiuk06urbHyCvDw-e6p0p6KKiwI77EkeUHv-zRe2xBP2_H0WjjQxhDFxtSNJi3epzHgAt5_Jrs6ZAqYt9CiSnobNrSz91_kESz0OE

Average points per vote: 7.9/15

I didnt really like it either. Got bored with it everytime i gave it a spin. But then again what did we expect from a band that hasn't released a solid album in over 20 years?

Better than their last album but to me it seems like all the thrash metal vocalist from the 80's are just getting old.

I tried to listen to it. I got through a couple songs and turned it off. Im not a huge thrash anyway but it didnt click with me at all and the vocals were bad.

Count me as another that enjoyed Kreator's last album. It is probably the album from 2012 that I have replayed the most this year.

Last edited:
6) Coma of Souls (1990)

R-3637874-1338368608-9145.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 9.5/15

First place votes: 1 (@Allfader)

Coma of Souls(while not being the best out of the early works this album is the first from the band with excellent lead guitar playing and basically the bands last solid and great effort). I noticed Kreators lead guitar playing greatly improved when Frank Blackfire from Sodom joined on this album.

Pleasure to Kill for brutal rawness, Coma of Souls for cool catchy, polished riffage

that is "them best" :headbang:

Coma of Souls could have the production of an old Darkthrone record and it would still kick ass.

the riffage and soloing for the most part is awesome but in some cases they seem sort of restraining themselves when compared to PTK.

5) Endless Pain (1985)

R-1060501-1373401756-1310.jpeg.jpg

Average points per vote: 9.7/15

I'm one of the few that prefer this album to Pleasure to Kill. Don't get me wrong, both are great and in my opinion essential thrash. However, I love the simpleness and how catchy the riffs are on this album.

Endless Pain is great but amateurish compared to pleasure to kill, like how show no mercy is amatuerish compared to say haunting the chapel and hell awaits. It's still solid regardless.

Endless Pain is probably one of the most generic and inoffensive thrash debuts from any major band, and their Metallica-wannabe stuff on Epic is horrendous.

I'm surprised so few prefer Endless Pain to other Kreator efforts, it's always been my favorite album of theirs.