GMD Poll: Manilla Road's Discography Ranked

Is that the Old Metal Records reissue of Flight of the Griffin by any chance? If so, can you either describe the CD or post a picture of it for me? There's a bootleg of it that is way more common than the actual reissue, and they look totally different.

Do you mean that there is a bootleg of the old metal reissue? I see the Russian boot on discogs but I didn’t know of the other. Either way I’m not home atm.

Yes, there is a bootleg of the Old Metal Records reissue that doesn't even look like the real one for whatever reason.

Yuck. I like the album but I can’t imagine dropping $20+ on an album I didn’t even like. That’s an expensive coaster.

I guess I didn’t notice really. I got most of my Manilla Road albums when they were $3.33 at hell headbangers a couple years ago when they started sharing a warehouse with SKR.

I bide my time on albums that cost over $15 because I feel like any time they can be reissued and I don’t really need to have a first edition. Flight of the Griffin sat in my wantlist on discogs for over two years before I bought a copy for ten bucks a few weeks ago.

It was a reissue I believe. At the time, I didn't hate Manilla Road so much but I didn't have much exposure to them

Yes, there is a bootleg of the Old Metal Records reissue that doesn't even look like the real one for whatever reason.

Reading into it a bit, it seems like some people cant even decide if the old metal reissue was legit in the first place. (so bootleg of a bootleg) Mine is the version listed on discogs as the Old Metal press.

Reading into it a bit, it seems like some people cant even decide if the old metal reissue was legit in the first place. (so bootleg of a bootleg) Mine is the version listed on discogs as the Old Metal press.

The photos on Discogs are the real deal. The bootleg is a silver CD with black lettering and no album art.

King Fowley of Deceased/October 31 ran Old Metal Records and he says he had the band's permission to do those reissues. He definitely at least knows the band members and many other metal musicians, so I don't have any reason not to trust him on that even though he sells bootleg t-shirts from defunct bands on Facebook nowadays.

Even so, No Remorse Records will be announcing a reissue of the two Griffin albums in 2019 at latest based on what I know, so people can buy those ones if they are concerned about the Old Metal reissues.

I wish No Remorse had better distribution in the states. I assume they will because it feels like they’re on the cusp of becoming a big underground label.

That Flight reissue, while apparently legit is pretty ugly (artwork is a little blurry) and bare. My copy of the second album is certainly a bootleg. They didn’t even bother to fake a “label” that released it.