GMD Poll: Motörhead's Discography Ranked

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Directions: Rank Motörhead's 22 studio albums. Order and number each album 1-22. Ties are OK. Your first place album earns 22 points, your second place album earns 21 points, etc.

Rules:
  • You may rank as few as 11 albums. Lists with less than 11 albums will not be counted.
  • If you list less than 22 albums, the first placed album will still get 22 points, the last placed album will still get 1 point, and the albums in between will have points distributed proportionately. The average points earned for albums that are not listed will not be impacted positively or negatively, so if you don't rank an album, you neither help it or hurt it.
  • If you have fewer than 100 posts on the forum, you may vote, but your vote will not be counted (The TechnicalBarbarity Rule)
At the end, the albums will be ranked based on their average number of points per vote.

You have until Friday April 6th to finalize your list, re-familiarize yourself albums you haven’t heard in awhile, familiarize yourself with albums you haven’t heard at all, lobby for any albums you think are underrated, and lobby against any albums you think are overrated.

And please, no pseudo-Machiavelli shit. Just rank them as you see them.

Albums:
Motörhead (1977)
Overkill (1979)
Bomber (1979)
Ace of Spades (1980)
Iron Fist (1982)
Another Perfect Day (1983)
Orgamatron (1986)
Rock n' Roll (1987)
1916 (1991)
March ör Die (1992)
Bastards (1993)
Sacrifice (1995)
Overnight Sensation (1996)
Snake Bite Love (1998)
We are Motörhead (2000)
Hammered (2002)
Inferno (2004)
Kiss of Death (2006)
Motörizer (2008)
The Wörld is Yours (2010)
After Shock (2013)
Bad Magic (2015)

Motorhead through Snake Bite Love are like a part of my DNA. Don't really need to re-listen to any of those. Know those albums better than my kids. Will give 'em all a spin anyways, because why the hell not. Familar with all their albums though.

Extremely tough to rank, very consistent band. Will probably change this up, nothing written in stone. Off the top of my head.

1. Rock 'N' Roll
2. Overkill
3. Another Perfect Day
4. Iron Fist
5. Orgasmatron
6. Ace of Spades
7. 1916
8. Bomber
9. Sacrifice
10. Motorhead
11. Overnight Sensation
12. Bastards
13. Inferno
14. Snake Bite Love
15. Aftershock
16. Motorizer
17. March or Die
18. Hammered
19. The World is Yours
20. Bad Magic
21. We are Motorhead
22. Kiss of Death

For now.....

Last edited:
1. Bomber
2. Ace of Spades
3. Overkill
4. 1916
5. Iron Fist
6. Inferno
7. Another Perfect Day
8. Sacrifice
9. Orgamatron

Not sure if I'll hit 11. Need to hear Iron Fist again because it's been a while. I listened to Inferno and Kiss of Death when they came out and remember them being alright-ish but have no idea how I'd feel about them now, will go for those next.

Last edited:
Yeah, love these guys, nearly everything up until Snake Bite Love is top-tier to me.

Subject to change, but so far my list would be:
1. Sacrifice
2. Overnight Sensation
3. Orgasmatron
4. Another Perfect Day
5. Iron Fist
6. Overkill
7. Bomber
8. Bastards
9. 1916
10. Ace of Spades
11. Motörhead
12. Rock 'n' Roll
13. We Are Motörhead
14. Aftershock
15. March ör Die
16. Snake Bite Love

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
Already started going through the disco before this started, will keep going as the days progress. However must listen to new JP and ST before the weekend is out.

1. Overkill
2. Bomber
3. Overnight Sensation
4. Ace of Spades
5. Bastards
6. We Are Motörhead
7. 1916
8. Rock 'n' Roll
9. Aftershock
10. Orgasmatron
11. March ör Die
12. Inferno
13. Iron Fist
14. Motörizer
15. Sacrifice
16. Motörhead
17. Another Perfect Day
18. Snake Bite Love
19. The Wörld Is Yours
20. Hammered
21. Bad Magic
22. Kiss of Death

Yeah, I got started early when I saw the votes for next band to rank coming in. Coincidentally I'd also listened through them all a couple of years ago, so a bit punishing for my Last.fm chart. 13-21 on my list are almost inseparable as none of their songs are really ones I'd play outside of listening to the albums.

Preliminary list. After not really getting into Motorhead for years they've become one of my most listened to bands. Their late period is massively underrated. They picked up a headful of steam around Hammered to the very end.

1. Overkill
2. Ace of Spades
3. Inferno
4. Bomber
5. Sacrifice
6. Iron Fist
7. Kiss of Death
8. Another Perfect Day
9. Orgasmatron
10. After Shock
11. We are Motörhead
12. Hammered
13. The World is Yours
14. Bad Magic
15. 1916
16. Snake Bite Love
17. Bastards
18. Overnight Sensation
19. Motorizer
20. Motörhead
21. March ör Die
22. Rock n' Roll

I havent listened to the bottom six much and I dont own Motorizer, I should get on that.

Reactions: Atomic Tide
1. Overkill
2. Another Perfect Day
3. Ace of Spades
4. Bomber
5. Sacrifice
6. 1916
7. Inferno
8. Iron Fist
9. Bastards
10. Rock 'n Roll
11. Aftershock
12. Overnight Sensation

Last edited:
Ha, that album has never clicked for me. Maybe I’ll try it again but it feels pretty thin for a Motörhead album.

The opening title track Rock 'n' Roll is one of my favourite Motörhead songs ever and the closing track Just 'Cos You Got the Power is decent, but the album doesn't have much to speak of in between.