GMD Poll: Suffocation's Discography Ranked

Not sure if I will do this, but yeah Human Waste is my favourite of the ones I have heard. I'd probably like Effigy more than Human Waste if the production on it was better. I still like it quite a bit

1. Effigy of the Forgotten
2. Pierced from Within
3. Despise the Sun
4. Human Waste
5. Souls to Deny
6. Pinnacle of Bedlam
7. ...of the Dark Light (it still has its moments, which says much about consistency of this band)

Yeah, it should be one of the heaviest things ever. But the production robs it of some of its heaviness imo. It’s just unfitting to that album.

This is one of the bands that I've known as long as they exist, tried to get into and never could. I know pretty well at least their first 3 and to me they've never been among the best.

Still, I think Effigy and Breeding are their less mediocre ones.

Effigy of the Forgotten (1991)
Pierced from Within (1995)
Breeding the Spawn (1993)
Human Waste (1990)
Suffocation (2006)
Despise the Sun (1998)
Souls to Deny (2004)
Blood Oath (2009)
Pinnacle of Bedlam (2013)
...of the Dark Light (2017)

Heads up. I’m traveling cross country and won’t have time to post the final list until I get back home in about three weeks. We have two options:

1. Someone else can take over and post the results for this round (I can send you the formulas, but you have to be ablw to do math right).

2. I post the results when I get home and also launch the Opeth thread next week. Both results would be posted in late July.

I prefer option 2, but am cool with the first option if it’s what people want.

I post the results when I get home and also launch the Opeth thread next week.

giphy.gif

Also, will you be updating the master thread list?

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
1. Pierced From Within
2. Despise The Sun
3. Souls To Deny
4. Blood Oath
5. Pinnacle Of Bedlam
6. Effigy Of The Forgotten
7. Breeding The Spawn
8. Of Dark Light
9. self titled

Self titled ranks low for the groove metal sections and cringey lyrics “you’re so fucking beautiful”

Effigy ranks lower than most because the blast beats are in the dumb ass Cannibal Corpse style with no bass drum alternation with the snare. They corrected this later on.

Doubt I'm gonna get a chance to listen to Suffo's latest two albums enough to form a solid enough opinion of them. So I'm just going to rank the albums I'm most familiar with.

1 Pierced from Within
2 Effigy of the Forgotten
3 Breeding the Spawn
4 Human Waste
5 Despise the Sun
6 Souls to Deny
7 Self-titled
8 Blood Oath

Reactions: CiG