Votes: 12 17.9%
  • J

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • K

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FYI: curve eq isn't free (it's $89.95)

Thats weird, I just checked it again and you're right it says 89.95, but if you click the download link it'll just download for you regardless. In any case, I'll remove the free part from the info posts for the time being. Why would they ask for money while offering the download for free?

*edit*

I think I figured it out...I have the demo, and that download link lets you download the demo. They don't specifically state the download leads to the demo (or I haven't found it) but you do get the second of silence every thirty seconds, which is a demo limitation. I always thought it was my laptop lagging :D

In any case, the demo is fine for this competition. You can still use the demo to analyse the EQing, and match EQing. Just use the CurveEQ demo to figure out how to EQ it, then use a different EQ to apply the EQing...and you won't have to worry about that second of silence.

Ohh sorry I missed this one.

This is gonna be rough but honest.
Im actually not surprised by the votes---G was 6db louder than the other tracks and had that terrible static highend that has absolutely nothing to do, harmonically, with the guitar tone. I dont know how younglings in this genre are adding it but I know for a fact that no Pro CD's contain it. Its an amateur attempt at achieving a slick highend. But its not highend...its static. The core of this tone was also wah ridden which is what I hear all the time too. Just highpass all the clips and your hear it right away. Upper High end should only contain the cymbals---certainly not guitar

The best tone was actually H because it was closest to a full rounded tone with the least plasticy wah midrange and had clear tight lowend definition. Im not saying it was mixed the best but it was the best base tone an engineer could hope to work with.

I think it would be great if Andy would come around and explain midrange and highend to his fans because so many think their sounds are similar to the real deal but are really just extremely hyped interpretations of they think they are hearing on records.

Ohh sorry I missed this one.

This is gonna be rough but honest.
Im actually not surprised by the votes---G was 6db louder than the other tracks and had that terrible static highend that has absolutely nothing to do, harmonically, with the guitar tone. I dont know how younglings in this genre are adding it but I know for a fact that no Pro CD's contain it. Its an amateur attempt at achieving a slick highend. But its not highend...its static. The core of this tone was also wah ridden which is what I hear all the time too. Just highpass all the clips and your hear it right away. Upper High end should only contain the cymbals---certainly not guitar

The best tone was actually H because it was closest to a full rounded tone with the least plasticy wah midrange and had clear tight lowend definition. Im not saying it was mixed the best but it was the best base tone an engineer could hope to work with.

I think it would be great if Andy would come around and explain midrange and highend to his fans because so many think their sounds are similar to the real deal but are really just extremely hyped interpretations of they think they are hearing on records.

This is round 2, check out the last round and see if you can agree with the overall winner. last round clips were also normalised.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...6-guitar-tone-competition-final-showdown.html

I'm also considering hosting another competition, now that we've worked out the kinks. I'm curious about your take in the next competition too...especially considering the rather harsh criticism.