"Hi I'm new here" Introduce Yourself

That was me. I meant on this forum. Good God I remember that old forum. I tried to sign up many times. Many many times. Would not let me post!!! So I lurked :O It saddened me that many of the old forumers didn't join the new forum.

Ex-lurker. Don't believe in lurking these days! Either you have something interesting to say or you don't ^_^ It's rude to just...well...eavesdrop :p

So I'll rephrase. An original of this forum...and a regular poster! Many dropped off :( Spike, Han, Sofia. Jeez.

xx Kirsty

Yea I never understood why that particular forum software was having issues registering some people. Most had no issues but you are definately right as a few others had some issues too. I liked that forum a lot because there were so many more users specific to just the FW forum, and a shitload of topics, and off topics.

The UM boards are great because anyone registered can go to a gazillion different band forums but sometimes that can have a reverse effect and lose appeal to some people as it doesnt seem as intimate. Its also different because all topics are basically discussed in this one section as where the old forum had seperate sub forums for different kinds of topics.

Its good to see you came back as you are a big contributer over here. I only lurk because I am just so busy. I run several official myspace pages for others as well as 2 for my radio show, 1 for my old band, and also an official www domain for my radio show. Add that and I also do CD reviews, and do all my own graphics for my sites and it leaves little time for other stuff.

Just not enough hours in the day!

HMJ was another great original poster at the old forum. Some good times and great discussions back then!

I remember H.M.J.!!! My friend Craig was also on the old forum but hasn't signed up here. Can't for the life of me remember his old username though!

It really doesn't feel as intimate...for precisely the reason you stated. Most people just wander in here when scrolling down the list of bands, post saying they like the band, maybe 10 posts later they're back at their forum of choice (lets face it...most people have one they are loyal to!)

I mean I know I used to go into the Alestorm one just because it was handy to get to!

xx Kirsty

Hi, newbie here. I've been reading here for a while, decided to register last night.
I first saw/heard Firewind on the Kamelot tour last spring. Followed the tour to Oslo, and to my surprise Gus recognized me from being on the same train with them, from Amsterdam to Dordrecht. So now I have a bit of a soft spot for him.:rolleyes:

Thanx for the welcome. This madness may take a little geting used to, but I'll learn.;)

Of course you will learn ^_^ We'll help!!!!

Haha. Welcome though!!!! Are you talking about the Oslo show supporting Kamelot? I was there!!! I met sooo many cool people at that gig. All the members of Pagan's Mind (who I got to sign my cast at the time!), some members from Highland Glory...can't remember off the top of my head who else but it was very surreal!!!

Met Dream Evil at the Kamelot/Firewind show in Gothenburg too! OOOH Snowy Shaw <3

xx Kirsty

Yes, that one. Lucky you, meeting so many bands. I only got Gus, Apollo, and Petros to sign my setlist, never realised there were so many others.
And thanx for the welcome!

Of course you will learn ^_^ We'll help!!!!

Haha. Welcome though!!!! Are you talking about the Oslo show supporting Kamelot? I was there!!! I met sooo many cool people at that gig. All the members of Pagan's Mind (who I got to sign my cast at the time!), some members from Highland Glory...can't remember off the top of my head who else but it was very surreal!!!

Met Dream Evil at the Kamelot/Firewind show in Gothenburg too! OOOH Snowy Shaw <3

xx Kirsty

Think we met as well that night in Oslo;)

Well I met Aran in Oslo :) Harrassing Gus :p

And Katie I'm thinking about doing Glasgow, Leeds and London. But I might just do Glasgow and London now. To save money :p

xx Kirsty

Don't mention that about Gus...maybe he forgets until the next time i'll meet him..:p

Btw, if you're talking about the Kamelot gigs i'll be at the Leeds and London shows:)

Haha what you doing all the way in England? And yes I'll definitely be at the London Kamelot/Dream Evil/Serenity gig as I have bought my ticket :D

and Kirsty, rooms are only £29 for that night so I reckon it has to be done, forget leeds, just come to london!

Haha what you doing all the way in England? And yes I'll definitely be at the London Kamelot/Dream Evil/Serenity gig as I have bought my ticket :D

and Kirsty, rooms are only £29 for that night so I reckon it has to be done, forget leeds, just come to london!
Done!! Glasgow and London it is!!!

And indeed.

Epic Kirsty and Katie Hotel Party...Part II! £15 each for the hotel? Bargain!

xx Kirsty