How big is your Metal Cd collection?

I have maybe like 4000 CDs (including CD-Rs), of which maybe 350 are metal (excluding questionable stuff like Fear Factory and Mastodon, but including stuff like Van Halen and the Scorpions).

Downloading = illegal = not part of a collection since you don't fucking own it. Usually when people judge their collection by how many songs they have, it's because it's all downloaded. I could (and hope to) be wrong, but that's usually the case.
You don't "own" anything when you have the cd. The artist, or more likely the record company "owns" it. You just own a means of obtaining the media. If you illegally download music, you own the music just as much as you would own the cd, because you "own" the harddrive the music is stored to. If you want to own a cd, good for you, but no need to be elitist about it.

I download. It's the way of the future.

As for the thread- I have no idea, I don't worry about how many albums/gigs/songs of music I have, I just enjoy what I have/listen to.

Speaking of albums../I really need to buy all of the Death albums, . Epic :headbang: .

I do however want to buy some vinals, because a vinal imo is money well spent, even if the record labels are going to get most of that money.

But the point of this thread judging by the initial post really wasn't to discuss how many mp3s you have, nor how many burned albums you've made...those really don't amount to a 'real' CD collection.

But the point of this thread judging by the initial post really wasn't to discuss how many mp3s you have, nor how many burned albums you've made...those really don't amount to a 'real' CD collection.
I guess it could wrongly be interpreted as "How big is your metal music collection".

You don't "own" anything when you have the cd. The artist, or more likely the record company "owns" it. You just own a means of obtaining the media. If you illegally download music, you own the music just as much as you would own the cd, because you "own" the harddrive the music is stored to. If you want to own a cd, good for you, but no need to be elitist about it.

The title of the thread is "How big is your metal Cd collection?", which means talking about how many gigs of music one has is completely irrelevant in this thread.

Also, your above statement is absurd; sure one doesn't 'own' the actual music, but an official hard copy of it. Including artwork, lyrics, linear notes et cetera. You can't tell me there's no fucking difference.

Lets be honest here. You (a general "you" meaning cheap fans) mean:

Yes and no. It is nice to have an album for free. Though I do love having a copy of an album in my hand.

I do not want to get into this tired argument though.

Lets be honest here. You (a general "you" meaning cheap fans) mean:

I do not want to get into this tired argument though.

It still costs money to download full albums, as i am referring to iTunes. I can say I have only downloaded about 4 albums through unes and buy 98% of all my music.