I just got a sense of purpose

He's doing those gay lazy growls now. It's like a singing growl. One where you can hear a lot of their true voice.

It's gay because a lot of bands are doing this now. Either it sounds weak or like some type of metalcore shit vocals.

Like Children of Bodom and Soilwork. COB doesn't do it like they used to, Soilwork sounds like they got a metalcore singer going on.

Listen to any of the older records, then compare

:lol:

And people tell me i'm close minded, yeah right. :rolleyes:

First of all: yes, Anders FUCKING SUCKS comparing to his early days, back when he could growl without problem.

Second of all: Be happy that he growls a bit, maybe each new album would bring a little more growling, perhaps a song just with just growling and no clean vocals, who knows? :)

Third of all: Don't be so close minded, i agree that Anders sometimes realy suck these days (sometimes hes singing is awfull, and his screams are weak sometimes) but hey, what are you going to do about it? just leave this damn forum and come back when they've made something ''good'' in your ears.

:lol:

And people tell me i'm close minded, yeah right. :rolleyes:

First of all: yes, Anders FUCKING SUCKS comparing to his early days, back when he could growl without problem.

Second of all: Be happy that he growls a bit, maybe each new album would bring a little more growling, perhaps a song just with just growling and no clean vocals, who knows? :)

Third of all: Don't be so close minded, i agree that Anders sometimes realy suck these days (sometimes hes singing is awfull, and his screams are weak sometimes) but hey, what are you going to do about it? just leave this damn forum and come back when they've made something ''good'' in your ears.
I dont see how Im being closed minded, I listened to the record and I gave it a fair chance. I wanted to like it. In Flames were my first extreme metal band. If it werent for them, I wouldnt know anything of the underground scene. Every record they release, I hope will be better but it keeps not happening

You are being an idiot.
He can still growl. However, imagine the new album if all the vocals were growled. There's this crazy thing called having vocals that actually fit the music (which he doesn't write).

For once I agree with WeAreInFlames, Anders old vocal style would totally ruin anything post-clayman. People give him far too much shit nowadays for doing a decent job. He's not the best singer, nor the best growler, but he's found a happy medium which cannot be easily copied.

For once I agree with WeAreInFlames, Anders old vocal style would totally ruin anything post-clayman. People give him far too much shit nowadays for doing a decent job. He's not the best singer, nor the best growler, but he's found a happy medium which cannot be easily copied.
I like his vocals on Clayman and RtR. Even on Come Clarity he still sounds like an extreme metal vocalist for the most part. On this new one, it just sounds like theres no more passion in his vocals, that he just phoned them in to sell the record.

There's definite passion, it's just that IF are no longer an extreme metal band. That's it. Just face facts and either accept them as a great melodic rock/metal hybrid or reject them.

I think of Colony, Clayman and Reroute to be simular vocally. I mean in how they changed.

Colony and Clayman, they used the same accent and approach. Clayman was a higher version of Colony. Clayman and Reroute are somewhat identical, but Reroute, you can tell he tried to change his vocal accent ever since.

Like I said in one of the threads, I think Anders decided to use a more natural approach with his vocals, without adjusting them so much to sound better. He just uses his straight out accent.

He toned it down a bit in Reroute, at some points in Clayman it really sounds like he's hurting his throat, but in Reroute his voice is far more in control. Probably a good thing, because I do not think the technique Anders used on Clayman was healthy for his voice at all.

I dont see how Im being closed minded, I listened to the record and I gave it a fair chance. I wanted to like it. In Flames were my first extreme metal band. If it werent for them, I wouldnt know anything of the underground scene. Every record they release, I hope will be better but it keeps not happening

Sorry for calling you close minded then :p

Well, In flames were never an ''extreme'' metal band...melodic death metal=not extreme

I think Anders hurt his voice much more on Reroute to Remain and the following tours.

I've seen a few bootlegs and YouTube clips around late 1999, 2000, 2001 and Anders sounds great. It's not till late 2001, 2002 his growls start to sound very weak, i just think Anders damaged his chords so he can't growl like that anymore.

I agree that on Clayman sometimes his growls sound like he's really hurting his voice, Colony is the peak of Anders talent.

I also agree that if Anders were to growl like he did back in the day, it may not suit the songs... although i'd be interested to see what kind of sound it would be if he did the clean singing like on Pinball Map / Ordinary Story instead of the whiney garbage and used a bit more growls and also change their guitar tone back to what it was on the old days, think they tuned it in standard.

You are being an idiot.
He can still growl. However, imagine the new album if all the vocals were growled. There's this crazy thing called having vocals that actually fit the music (which he doesn't write).

Forgot to add: Why doesnt he growl while playing classic songs then? i've only got 2 reasons:

1: he's lazy
2: he can, but with alot vocal practising.

mweh well i think it's easier for Anders to scream then growl, right?
Not at all. Growling is easier, for me at least, than screaming.

Forgot to add: Why doesnt he growl while playing classic songs then? i've only got 2 reasons:

1: he's lazy
2: he can, but with alot vocal practising.
I haven't seen them do any classics aside from Graveland live, but he sounds fine on it.